It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heritage Foundation Panelist on Radical Islam.. She really makes some historical points !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Radical anything is always a desperate attempt to bring about some un-attainable utopia . We see this in all groups weather big or small .Even Christians would like to see every one join the ranks of believers but that notion would contradict the very scriptures that tell us that all will not believe . It also tells us to pray for our enemy .Now that is radical ....peace Good post op S&F ..the speaker was very in tune with the truth .

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Radical anything is always a desperate attempt to bring about some un-attainable utopia . We see this in all groups weather big or small .Even Christians would like to see every one join the ranks of believers but that notion would contradict the very scriptures that tell us that all will not believe . It also tells us to pray for our enemy .Now that is radical ....peace Good post op S&F ..the speaker was very in tune with the truth .

"Christians"? You know how many "kind" of different "Christians" there are... and some are all but fanatics and question the "scriptures"

Same for Muslims... there are different currents of Islam that dont really focus on the "scriptures" (as you call it)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Heritage Foundation was all I needed to see. They are the right wing "think tank" that pushed for America to go into Iraq because it was such a great idea. All of their predictions have been proven wrong when it comes to Iraq so why does anyone waste their time listening to them? They are nothing but a bunch of war mongering scumbags.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
For anybody who thinks the percentage the lady quotes in the OP's video is exaggerated:

edit on 2-7-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh I have read about the ones that use His name but are not His and He will say to them depart from Me ,I never knew you . You are correct and the Word of God agrees . a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Man there is a LOT of people here that need to talk to real Muslims instead of letting others make up your minds for you.

For those that claim to be Christians remember
www.biblegateway.com...

Judge not, lest ye be not judged.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

That's a very sobering video.

Sigh.

I suppose the apologists will now claim that all the audience were hired actors. LOL.

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I lived with a real Muslim, a descendant of Muhammed, BTW, for more than a year.

He agrees with my perspective . . . only maybe more fiercely so.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Judging is something the Christian is called upon to exercise righteously .Basic calling a spade a spade .looks like a duck walks like a duck could be a duck but you might have to wait to see the egg hatched . a reply to: HauntWok

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

That's a very sobering video.

Sigh.

I suppose the apologists will now claim that all the audience were hired actors. LOL.

Sigh.

I cannot watch the video right now so all I have to go by is the video description:

Muslim "peace conference" in Norway confirming that all muslims want murder by stoning method, not only radicals. Muslim ask, "what shall media and politicians say now, shall they deport us?"

First off, was the video spoken in English or Norwegian.

If it was Norwegian do you understand Norwegian?

The description clearly states that "all muslims want murder by stoning method". Even if everyone in that audience did in fact agree with what is being portrayed, that room full of people does not represent the world of Islam.

I'm not denying that there are Muslim extremists but I would like confirmation that this video is really what it's portrayed to be before I conclude my opinion.

If anyone can confirm which language is spoken and what is being said it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
edit on 7/2/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: ArtemisE

Not so fast, hotshot.

There's a MAJOR, HUGE, OVERWHELMING DIFFERENCE.

IF Christ is who Christians believe He is,
THEN the issue is moot--HE'S THE BOSS--REGARDLESS of what you'd like to pontificate--HE'S THE BOSS, particularly at that point.

The point is that Christians will NOT BE STANDING AT CHRIST'S SIDE FIGHTING DEMONIC FORCES OR ANYONE ELSE

UNLESS CHRIST IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS.

Since you don't believe He is, your argument is more than a lot hollow and grossly disingenuous--to put it outrageously politely.

Except that's making the assumption that "Christians" ( there are 1000 different denominations, all with varying beliefs) correctly identify him. What if the person identified as Christ, really isn't?

It's happened before a lot! Groups of Christians being convinced there leader is the messiah.

So it's exactly the same. Small groups of faithful hoodwinked into thinking there taking orders from some one with a direct line to god. Just like with Christians, the vast majority not nearly devout enough to do anything stupid that would screw up their lives, but proclaiming the principles and writings as divinity.

It's exactly the same as Christians. Your all preparing for your holy war. Awaiting your general to go and kill all the infidels. The only difference is that PRESENTLY your leaders aren't telling you to attack. They have before.....lately even, and will again. Your religions just broken up in various factions. So it's a smaller group that goes bat-$((!T. History is full of examples of Christian ministers convincing there followers they were the second comming. Then the killing usually starts.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

The speaker spoke in English except for some . . . evidently Muslim explicatives.

99% or so of the audience seemed to hear and understand his English immediately.

They scoffed with their body language at the idea that they were radicals vs normal average Muslims.

It appeared that all their hands went up at each of his questions . . . except evidently for a lone ?visitor? on the front row.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It was in English and it looked like the majority agreed with the extreme views of the Koran . a reply to: Corruption Exposed

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Uhhhhhhh . . . being led by an off-the-wall human megalomaniac like Jim Jones

is

infinitely different than being led by the one and incomparable literal Jesus the Christ. At that time, there will be no doubt.

Up to that time, HE warned about many imposters.

No, we END TIMES believing Christians are not--at least not the vast majority--excluding some very radical jerks like that Wesboro church--we END TIMES believing Christians are NOT preparing for a Holy War.

Most of us would likely prefer to avoid the war entirely.

However, as Colton Burpo said in HEAVEN IS FOR REAL--when his Dad was protesting having to fight demonic monsters with a sword or bow and arrow--Colton said he shouldn't worry about it at all--that Christ's side won--evidently easily.

Colton's Dad was hoping for a machine gun or bazooka to fight the demonic monsters with. LOL.

I don't know any Christians preparing for a Holy War. The fighting the demonic forces and fallen angels et al at Armageddon is left entirely up to God to arrange etc. We are willing to take HIS orders at the time but fighting is not really our preference, per se.

Your raging biases are showing again.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The right does not care about facts, they only judge and hate. If you do not follow their religion..you are evil and scary.

Look at what happens when religion is allowed to dictate how a country is run, look at the Middle East. Now imagine that if the West was run by religion.

They say the Muslim religion is evil, theirs is just as bad. The only reason there is not any more witch hunts, crusade massacres..etc is because the majority of us would not allow their religion to take foothold again. If given their power back...they would do just as much evil as they love to say the Muslim religion does.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Some of what you are saying are close to the mark . That's the thing about sin in it's self .It gets close to the mark but still misses the mark .I am not waiting for something close to being portrayed as God but that is God and I will know and so will the rest of the world after they find that they have been fooled by the copy . a reply to: ArtemisE

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Some of what you are saying are close to the mark . That's the thing about sin in it's self .It gets close to the mark but still misses the mark .I am not waiting for something close to being portrayed as God but that is God and I will know and so will the rest of the world after they find that they have been fooled by the copy . a reply to: ArtemisE

Except way smarter people then either of us have been fooled by copy's...... History is FULL of examples. Jim Jones, David Korean, Mormons.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

The language used by the Muslim spokesperson is English.

You will have a hard time refuting it's content.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Where was radical Islam before colonialism, and before this era?

There was no such thing because the Caliphate was in Turkey and they were an imperial power that controlled Saudi Arabia, called the Ottomans.

After the advent of Abdul Wahhab, in the 18th century who started Wahhabis, which is the source of Salafi Islam this perversion began then.

“Muhammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab (Arabic: محمد بن عبد الوهاب‎; 1703 – 22 June 1792)[3] was an Arabian Islamic Salafi[citation needed] scholar and founder of the Islamic movement, or "mission" of "Wahhabism".[4] His pact with Muhammad bin Saud helped to establish the first Saudi state[5] and began a dynastic alliance and power-sharing arrangement between their families which continues to the present day in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.[6] The descendants of Ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab, the Al ash-Sheikh, have historically led the ulama in the Saudi state,[7] dominating the state's clerical institutions.[8]

The Ottoman Empire weakened and they gave up this Caliphate and then the British took over their possessions in the ME and started all their disruptions such as the creation of Israel and divided the Arab lands to today’s borders.

Before that other than medieval times there were no Muslim radicals like this modern kind. Of course there were off sects now and then such as do spring from any religion.

These radicals are a creation of colonialism, which helped start the Muslim Brotherhood and the Abdul Wahhab, Ibn Saud revolution that started modern Saudi Arabia.

There oil money allowed them, the Saudis, to spread their perverse version of Islam.

This pre-modern version eventually created the Taliban, and the Al Qaeda radicals that eventually created all this modern strife

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Uhhhhhhh . . . being led by an off-the-wall human megalomaniac like Jim Jones

is

infinitely different than being led by the one and incomparable literal Jesus the Christ. At that time, there will be no doubt.

Up to that time, HE warned about many imposters.

No, we END TIMES believing Christians are not--at least not the vast majority--excluding some very radical jerks like that Wesboro church--we END TIMES believing Christians are NOT preparing for a Holy War.

Most of us would likely prefer to avoid the war entirely.

However, as Colton Burpo said in HEAVEN IS FOR REAL--when his Dad was protesting having to fight demonic monsters with a sword or bow and arrow--Colton said he shouldn't worry about it at all--that Christ's side won--evidently easily.

Colton's Dad was hoping for a machine gun or bazooka to fight the demonic monsters with. LOL.

I don't know any Christians preparing for a Holy War. The fighting the demonic forces and fallen angels et al at Armageddon is left entirely up to God to arrange etc. We are willing to take HIS orders at the time but fighting is not really our preference, per se.

Your raging biases are showing again.

Every person who fell for the megalomaniac jim jones type thought he "knew" as well.... Just like the Muslim extremists think they "know".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join