It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heritage Foundation Panelist on Radical Islam.. She really makes some historical points !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Congratulations for the most idiotic comment on this thread.

Well done.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Seems they cast a pretty wide net to encompass anyone who is sympathetic or maybe donated to a cause that funneled funding or material support to radicals.

Actively conducting violent operations or planning to do so has to be a fraction of 1%.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Actually, it is the RELIGION OF ATHEISM

as well as major chunks of the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM

that don't match up well with authentic solid science.

But there's no convincing folks who are RELIGIOUSLY WILLFULLY BLIND to such issues and facts.

edit on 3/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: grammar

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

NOPE. NOT BY A TRILLION MILES. Evolution has NOT been proven at all.

The POLITICAL powers that be decided that Evolution was fact.

That's ALL that happened.

And folks who believe in it have swallowed lots of Kool-Aid.

The globalists have been gleeful about that for many decades.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

I'll ask you this: do you think that to support the idea of something like stoning a woman to death is not an extremist viewpoint? How about shooting them in the back of the head with an AK/47 in a public place like a football pitch? How about hanging a gay man from a crane in your town square?

You seem to think that for somebody to be considered as an extremist or a radical then that person would have to be active in the pursuit of committing terrorist deeds.

I don't agree, and I think you are naive, to be honest.

If a person contends that gay people should be executed for being gay, for example, then they hold an extremist viewpoint, in my books. And although they may not be the ones prepared to "kick the stool" out from under a person condemned to hang because of their sexual orientation, they support those who do. To me that is the whole point of this discussion.

The video I posted earlier in this thread shows what I consider to be an illustration of how many devout Muslims hold extremist viewpoints on subjects like adultery and homosexuality. And I am not contending that other religious institutions like Christianity are better, a turd is a turd.

At the end of the day, when you take into account the amount of Muslim people who hold and tolerate these views compared to the number of Muslims who have actively spoken out about the atrocities committed in the name of Islam, you'll get where I'm coming from.

I agree completely. I was just pointing out Christianity is a turd as well lol!

(post by ArtemisE removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Ummm...I think they're busy being played...I mean...look at the whole drama...You can almost see the strings...

I think that we are busily about the business of being played...as well...

I hate to think that we can almost read the script in the air before us...better...that we are aware...that the matrix is aware that we are aware.............and then we plug back in laughing at how sim-like the experience...as job becomes reality and life...socially formatted.............................and the tweak goes on...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: junglimogli
a reply to: 727Sky

That penalist woman is loud mouthed and more political than anything .. some of her points may be valid, but she has not answered the question that was posed .. she used an emotional rant to deviate from the question and get people to clap over a 'usa usa usa' chanting attitude ..
she is talking about 4 dead americans .. compared to millions of innocents killed in other countries to 'avenge' their deaths ..because politicians like bush talked like her to ger american's blood to boil ..

The question posed still remains ... how do fight an ideoplogy ..a thought process with weapons ..
In my opinion, that penalist woman is offtopic ..and does not deserve the applause ..

it was a panel on benghazi.

saba was trolling and off topic. gabriel told her in no uncertain terms she was.

millions of innocents? really? where?

and one eliminates the thought process to stop ideology.

A lot of innocents have been killed, detained, maimed, etc worldwide ..in the name of avenging 911 .. yes, unofficially in the million + .. officially you will never hear about it ..
If your official figure of a few thousands is your defense to justify that it's 'ok' ..then we're done here ..
You can never eliminate the thought process with bombs ... thats the same mentality that will get you killed eventually .. because you will sprout thousands of more terrorists ..

but YOU heard the real figures, somewhere.

you are the one with the outrageous body count. so i guess we are done.

besides, i was thinking of lead, not bombs, but they will work too.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
I keep reading this Satanic moon God nonsense so just to stoke the fires of religious ignorance Christians worship a war God of the canaanite pantheon.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: wurzalgnu
a reply to: BO XIAN
I keep reading this Satanic moon God nonsense so just to stoke the fires of religious ignorance Christians worship a war God of the canaanite pantheon.

Question. IF God is of the Caananite pantheon... WHY DID HE ASK THE HEBREWS TO KILL THEM ALL OFF? Does that make any sense?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It's not well known in the general populace . . .

but EVERY ONE OF THOSE TRIBES they were ordered to exterminate

had mingled fallen angel DNA and horrific child sacrifice practices.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
SIMPLE they stole a deity and killed off the canaanites to eliminate any opposition. Elevated the rather minor deity of jhwh to godhead and the rest is history. For what other reason did they kill the canaanites? Did their all loving omnipotent God tell them to spread the love with a blade? Why would anyone want to worship a murderer?

How and why is Allah (which is just the Arabic word for God, a bit the French word is Dieu) a satanic moon God? In fact why are people even still bothering with this fairy tale nonsense?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

SIMPLE they stole a deity and killed off the canaanites to eliminate any opposition. Elevated the rather minor deity of jhwh to godhead and the rest is history. For what other reason did they kill the canaanites? Did their all loving omnipotent God tell them to spread the love with a blade? Why would anyone want to worship a murderer?

How and why is Allah (which is just the Arabic word for God, a bit the French word is Dieu) a satanic moon God? In fact why are people even still bothering with this fairy tale nonsense?

THIS should explain to you IF YOU ACTUALLY READ IT BELOW. They didnt steal a deity BTW

The “new atheists” call God’s commands to kill the Canaanites “genocide,” but a closer look at the horror of the Canaanites’ sinfulness, exhibited in rampant idolatry, incest, adultery, child sacrifice, homosexuality, and bestiality, reveals that God’s reason for commanding their death was not GENOCIDE but CAPITAL PUNISHMENT. After all, the Old Testament unequivocally commands that those who do any one of these things deserves to die.
Also, God made it clear in His conversation with Abraham regarding the Canaanite cities of Sodom and Gomorrah that He knows who would or would not repent, and in the case of those cities, not one person would heed the warning and even Lot’s family had to be forcibly pulled away from the coming destruction. In Leviticus 18 God then warns Israel that if they commit similar sins that the land would similarly “vomit” them out.
Later when Israel disobeys God and allows the Canaanites to continue to live among them, the corruptive and seductive power of Canaanite sin results in the Canaanization of Israel. Subsequently, God sent prophets to warn Israel of their coming destruction, but they didn’t repent and God said that they became “like Sodom to me” and He visited destruction on Israel for committing the same sins. This again reveals that God’s motive isn’t genocide, but capital punishment. That we commit similar sins today renders us incapable of appropriate moral outrage against these sins and thus we accuse God of “genocide” to justify our own sinfulness.

Allah is translated as "THE GOD" which indicates there migh tbe more than him. God in christianity is God and is Singular.

There is no correct Hebrew name for God. He calls Himself, "Asher eh-h'yeh asher." I am that which I am. The tetragrammaton, the four-letter Name that is used in the Scripture, is yod-hey-vav-hey. It has no vowels, and therefor cannot be pronounced. Words like Jehovah are attempts to put vowels into the tetragrammaton. However, there is no "J" in Hebrew, so that cannot be a real Hebrew name.

The bottom line can be related in this way. I know my father's name. But whether I know his name or not, it is not a name that I use. I address him as dad. I don't even use it when talking to other people who know him. I say, "My father," or "my dad." And the other people do, too. "Your father." I would have gotten a swift smack on the bottom if I ever called my father, or my mother, for that matter, by their name. It is, in fact, more intimate to call them by their relational names than by their given names. It is the same thing with our Father in heaven.

There is no need to call Him by His name, even if we knew exactly how to say it. That is why in Judaism the term Adonai is used. It means Lord, or my Lord. Orthodox Judaism replaces the tetragrammaton with the word Hashem, which simply means "the name." No attempt at pronunciation would ever be made. In fact, there are those who go so far as to avoid even certain Hebrew words, for fear of getting too disresepectful. The Hebrew word eloheynu means our God. There are those who will pronounce the word as elokeynu in order to avoid any disrespect. While this degree of caution may be considered excessive, the intent behind it is nonetheless completely valid.

SO anyone calling God yaweh is wrong actually.

Now, as for “Jesus”, that is a little clearer - Y’shua - G_d saves. Y’shua or Yeshua, spelled יֵשׁוּעַ or ישוע in Hebrew was a common name among the Jewish people of the Second Temple Period. In modern Hebrew, Yeshua (ישוע) is in fact the common transcriptions for Jesus.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Meh. Christians have proven themselves to be much worse than Muslims.

edit on 7/4/14 by NotTooHappy because: spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy

Meh. Christians have proven themselves to be much worse than Muslims.

The crusades were done by the Popes who were doing the same thing that the muslims leaders do. You mean cathlolicism specifically who perpertrated the crusades and the inquisition. Still they were not actually christians in action but name alone. we call them HYPOCRITES and they do not represent the entire religon.

now it wasnt christianity back then in the OT times if you are going to go there and say stuff about that. the OT is a history of the HEBREWS,and to show christians the past and where it all came from.

ALso christians are not bound to teh OT law like the hebrews.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

The crusades were done by the Popes who were doing the same thing that the muslims leaders do. You mean cathlolicism specifically who perpertrated the crusades and the inquisition. Still they were not actually christians in action but name alone. we call them HYPOCRITES and they do not represent the entire religon.

now it wasnt christianity back then in the OT times if you are going to go there and say stuff about that. the OT is a history of the HEBREWS,and to show christians the past and where it all came from.

NOW, NOW. You know that the

orthodox rigid, narrow, strict, dogma and doctrine on ATS

is that

One ABSOLUTELY MUST

DISTINGUISH TO THE Nth ABSURD DEGREE BETWEEN

--peaceful to the point of comatose Muslims

--mostly peaceful Muslims

--occasionally peaceful Muslims

--wimpy Muslims who support violent jihad with funds and political support.

--somewhat wimpy Muslims who support violent jihad with safe-houses and transportation

--barely wimpy Muslims who hold the blades before they get bloodied slicing heads off

--slightly violent Muslims who throw a few insignificant pebbles when Muslims are stoning a daughter for offending someone's pride or for BEING raped

--moderately violent Muslims who throw a few bigger rocks

--more out-right violent Muslims who gleefully waltz into a crowded room and blow themselves up before they reach the old age of 9 or 10

--more ruthlessly out-right violent Muslims who happily nominate YOUR child to waltz into a crowded room and blow themselves up

--more ruthlessly out-right violent Muslim leaders who happily whip OTHER Muslims into a fever pitch to go out and do violence so the leader doesn't have to get his hands too dirty following the prophet's commands. But, please, get a vial of blood to bring back to him so he can wash his hands symbolically in the victims blood so he can feel like an authentic Muslim

= = = = = = =

However, the compulsive, knee-jerk, irrational, grossly hypocritical dogma on ATS

DECREES

that ALL CHRISTIANS MUST BE LUMPED TOGETHER--regardless of how inauthentic they were--for the last 2,000 years. And under no circumstances must a Christian be allowed in any discussion to claim that absurdly devilish and violent so called "Christians" were not really Christians.

That's just the way it is on ATS.

It's irrational.
It's absurd.
It's grossly hypocritical.
It's arrogant hostility to the max.

It's also childish, dumb, ignorant and stupid.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Muslims worship the God of Abraham. I realise that many Christians don't like this fact and make up stuff such as satanic moon God's and all that but the fact is Islam is an Abrahamic belief system.

You can call it capital punishment if you like but the reality that the wholesale slaughter of an entire race of people is genocide. In fact using that kind of logic you could say that the Nazis were just carrying out capital punishment against people who didn't fit their ideal, bit like God saying "These Canaanites don't fit my ideal with their behaviour so they should all be punished by death. Men, women and children, no matter how innocent shall be put to the blade." People want to worship a God that demands theis and have the audacity to call him a loving God.

Justify it as much as you like, quote scripture and use apologetics as much as you like. Fact is religion is barbaric and belongs in the past. Time for humanity to grow up and stop believing in fairy tales.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Muslims worship the God of Abraham. I realise that many Christians don't like this fact and make up stuff such as satanic moon God's and all that but the fact is Islam is an Abrahamic belief system.
You can call it capital punishment if you like but the reality that the wholesale slaughter of an entire race of people is genocide. In fact using that kind of logic you could say that the Nazis were just carrying out capital punishment against people who didn't fit their ideal, bit like God saying "These Canaanites don't fit my ideal with their behaviour so they should all be punished by death. Men, women and children, no matter how innocent shall be put to the blade." People want to worship a God that demands theis and have the audacity to call him a loving God.

Justify it as much as you like, quote scripture and use apologetics as much as you like. Fact is religion is barbaric and belongs in the past. Time for humanity to grow up and stop believing in fairy tales.

1) The Biblical God is Father of Jesus. Allah has no son/children. Two different Gods, though many make that incorrect assumption.
2) The Canaanites were doomed to repeating generations of evil with no hope of breakthrough. Killing them was an act of mercy preventing future generations of doomed sinners.
3) Religions have undoubtedly caused many deaths. Atheistic states--notably the USSR, People's Republic of China, and Cambodia (Pol Pot)--killed millions in the name of a religion-free State in the twentieth century.
The sad fact of history is that people kill each other. The Judeo-Christian faith does make a sincere effort to promote peace. Too bad some of the adherents didn't read the fine print.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wurzalgnu

Once again you ignore the distinction. Just because the Kid abraham had was of him does not make it the Same God he worshipped. Haggar was not a hebrew was she? When she was exiled by abraham she raised her son to worship her Gods most likely. Abraham refeered to God in HEBREW i even posted that above. Haggar did not though. If she was worshiping the same God she would had said the same name as abraham had since he was th eleader correct?

But after being exiled and sent away she reverted back to her old beliefs most likely and now we get into Allah and the start of Islam.

God loves everyone. even the wicked but sometimes to save future generations you have to cut the wheat so to speak. Now Allah...only loves Muslims. its stated there in the qu ran. in black and white.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join