It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Signs That The Global Economic Crisis Is Accelerating (18 bad points of the world economy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Those who keep up with this sort of stuff are already aware of several of the 18 points the article makes, however, it is interesting to see their take on the world economy IMO.

Most Americans tend to only care about what is happening in the United States, but the truth is that serious economic trouble is erupting in South America, all across Europe and in Asian powerhouses such as China and Japan. And the endless conflicts in the Middle East could erupt into a major regional war at just about any time. We live in a world that is becoming increasingly unstable, and people need to understand that the period of relative stability that we are enjoying right now is extremely vulnerable and will not last long. The following are 18 signs that the global economic crisis is accelerating as we enter the last half of 2014...

The same thing applies for the globe as a whole. Right now, the citizens of the planet are more than 223 trillion dollars in debt, and "too big to fail" banks around the world have at least 700 trillion dollars of exposure to derivatives.

So it doesn't really matter too much whether the short-term economic numbers go up a little bit or down a little bit right now. The whole system is an inherently flawed Ponzi scheme that will inevitably collapse under its own weight.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Supposedly, Japan's inflation is in the 200%age range. It's supposedly in a worse state than Greece was before they defaulted. I honestly don't see where this world economy issue is heading.

Eventually, I guess, the entire world will just default on it's payments and we'll start anew, right? Or is this pretext to attempt to enslave humanity?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wealth and debt are not the same thing.

I know lots of supposedly "rich" people who really can't come up with much of anything on short notice.

Maybe if I were willing to be enslaved by debt to pretend everything is groovy, I could seem happy too, but my grandparents told me some things when I was very young that stuck with me.

"If you don't have the CASH to buy it, you can't afford it, so you have to do without.

Now the entire world is being forced toward living within or below their means.

And that ain't necessarily a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hasn't the "economy" been in threat for the last few decades or so? I feel bad for those from 2000 and 2008 that lost...oh wait they are fine.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
People will still be getting loans for un-necessary things even when the warehouse is empty, which it is.

Banks rely on people who don't know any better, people who run out and finance a new car rather than buying a service manual and actually learning how to repair it themselves.

I used to have a wife and 3 kids, we all drove and there was no way we could afford to send the vehicles to the shop every time they broke.

I started doing all of the work myself (not much of a return on my labor) but in the process I came to a revelation, I realized that if I did the work I pay someone else to do for $100 an hour (I didn't and don't and never have made $100 an hour) and did it myself, it would work out to me having to actually work less hours earning money to pay someone else to fix these vehicles.

In the end I had to work less, gained a bunch of knowledge about mechanical doodads, and got a bunch of nifty tools.

And when I need some cash I can fix stuff for other people to get it, and save some more still by fixing my own......

Expand this logic to everything anyone needs and it becomes obvious why those who write the loans for you to buy new stuff, or use a credit card (loan) to have someone fix your junk for you, love it when you remain ignorant and un-able to repair the things you need, and barely able to get by without working tons of hours to get the money to service your debts.

In a nutshell, people are pretty dumb, banks love dumb people.

There will probably be a low-tack sticker on car hoods soon (to protect the paint) that reads "Do not open, no user serviceable parts within. Opening by unauthorized persons voids warranty".

Like a warranty was ever worth a # anyway....You actually think it is in the best interest of someone trying to sell you a new car to keep your old one running?, really?.

Just a piece of my relatively unaffected little world....

top topics

join