It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Person Mails a Bomb...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well I do believe you're contradicting yourself. Are we not all of the opinion that once in government, the ones who should be governing lose all their humanity?

If you rely on an impersonal judgment process, then how can the consequences of the crime be measured and taken into account?

I may have lost you on that last part...but...those going into government tell us what they are going to do and we vote for them. They get there, change their minds or are influenced by others and they become someone we wouldn't vote for in the first place. They end up being in government anyway. They are human. If we vote for opinions that are programmed into the logic and therefore, can not be changed by influence or personal opinion...we retain our original intent...and vote. In today's world...we could all vote on most if not all topics and register our opinion. Then...we would actually get what we ask for. Not that that would always be a good thing

So...here is the question (I guess). If we COULD put together something infallible, SHOULD we replaces judges, government, etc. with this "decision maker" and "vote taker"? With the exception of some Sci-Fi script...I think it would be a better system. But then again...we have to "trust" the humans that maintain it. But it could be open source for all to view and evaluate.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well I do believe you're contradicting yourself. Are we not all of the opinion that once in government, the ones who should be governing lose all their humanity?

If you rely on an impersonal judgment process, then how can the consequences of the crime be measured and taken into account?

I believe, that once you calculate the value...the harm done or extent of the law broken, you take into account what the person should "pay", and how that affects that person compared to the harm. Another simple example...if I harmed you to the extent that I affected 20% of your life for 10 years and 10% for the balance of your life...I can calculate a dollar amount based upon that. That dollar amount is based upon your income/value and calculated against the income/value of the person who did the harm. If the other person's income/value is identical to yours...the "fine" is the same. If they make twice as much as you...the value doubles. Basically.

<< 1   >>

join