It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Is there any truth to alternatives? I have recently read something, or a site, rather, about some of these alternative medicines. They've sparked an interest.
The site in question is educate-yourself.org... and the article I read on that site, educate-yourself.org... .

[edit on 1-12-2004 by mizunin]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Where does everyone think medicine comes from, pharmaceuticals and such are derived or extracted from nature. Plants, minerals and even some organisms are a source for "alternative" medicine. Holistic healing has always been a safer form of treatment. Doctors today don't cure the illness because there is no profit, they only treat the symptoms not the cause. Benefits of natural meds is found when comparing "side effects", every pharmaceutical has side effects, this is because the "balance" of it's natural form has been completely disregarded, they are not natural. Chinese, Ayurvedic and western holistic medicine has been proven to have nearly zero side effects, and the ones found are caused by allergic reaction. That is why it is still recommended to consult a physician, instead of relying upon self treatment and diagnosis.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Holistic herbal medicine is an ancient and ongoing practice that by and large has a basis in science. Plants have all sorts of positive effects on the human body. Tamoxafin, the breast cancer drug was developed from tree bark. Digoxin that is a cardio-glycoside is from the digitalis plant. Accupuncture and pressure WORK. We actually use it in kids that are having oeprations. less anesthesia is required so you get a much faster recovery.

However, I would like to issue a bit of caution. make sure your doctor knows what you are taking as it can interfer or potentiate other medications.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Anybody know of any links with info on any holistic herbal medicines ?
Any info would be appeciated.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The most beneficial method of using alternative medicine practices is to try and combine it with "modern" medicine practices...If your doctor can help you with this or suggest someone else who can, then you know you're working with someone who truly has your best interest in their mind...

Here's a few links:
www.alternativemedicine.com...
nccam.nih.gov...
www.altmedicine.com...
www.holisticmed.com...
www.veda-vyasa.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Check out these websites

www.drweilselfhealing.com...
my.webmd.com...

You can do some extra reasearch by yourself... but you see where this is going.

new topics

top topics

join