It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia prepares for ISIS insurgents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
For all the nay sayers out their who believe the ISIS represent all sunnie Muslims and that we will all summit to the caliph they are trying to create.
And to the spasfic members (i wont mention any names) who believe ONLY SHIA are fighting the ISIS.

I got news for you ..

Thursday, June 26, the day before US Secretary of State John Kerry was due in Riyadh, King Abdullah summoned a National Security Council meeting “upon the current security events in the region, especially in Iraq,” and ordered “all necessary measures to protect the kingdom against terrorist threats.” This meant a general call-up of military units for a high level of preparedness.

Military sources disclose that Egypt is assembling an expeditionary commando force to fly to Saudi Arabia and bolster its border defenses.

This flurry of Saudi-Egyptian military steps comes in the wake of intelligence gathered by Saudi reconnaissance planes showing Iraqi Al Qaeda-linked Sunni fighters (ISIS) heading for the Saudi border and aiming to seize control of the Iraqi-Saudi crossing at

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
...aided by Russian air power.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I have a problem with trust as far as the Saudis are concerned. I also suspect that the fabulously opulent lifestyle of the Saudi royal family doesn't fit well with hard-line muslims regardless of their Shia or Sunni allegiance. Far from protecting the actual people of Saudi, I would wonder if the wisdom of preparing for an attack from groups like ISIS, is purely due to protecting the security of the royal family there.

Also I would wonder with so much cash to flash everywhere and so many odd princes flying around with their private agendas etc whether you would not have Saudi cash flowing into ISIS coffers to fund their fight. its a good way to get your own private army in to get rid of the present incumbent of the Saudi Throne and snatch a quick sit on it for yourself. Its a country worth far more than a war-torn one like Iraq for your Caliphate or whatever.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I have a problem with trust as far as the Saudis are concerned. I also suspect that the fabulously opulent lifestyle of the Saudi royal family doesn't fit well with hard-line muslims regardless of their Shia or Sunni allegiance. Far from protecting the actual people of Saudi, I would wonder if the wisdom of preparing for an attack from groups like ISIS, is purely due to protecting the security of the royal family there.

Also I would wonder with so much cash to flash everywhere and so many odd princes flying around with their private agendas etc whether you would not have Saudi cash flowing into ISIS coffers to fund their fight. its a good way to get your own private army in to get rid of the present incumbent of the Saudi Throne and snatch a quick sit on it for yourself. Its a country worth far more than a war-torn one like Iraq for your Caliphate or whatever.

I agree with you ..

But the fact is , is that they will fight the ISIS so that should curb some fears for the people who think that other muslim nations will summit to the ISIS caliph...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I always thought if this guy Bagdhadi was the real deal Saudi Arabia would be phase 2 if your going to attack Israel or Jordan seriously you need an airforce and Saudi Arabia just happens to have 300 combat aircraft with Panavia Tornado's,F15's and more importantly Eurofighters which are better than anything the Israelis have,standing in the way are 300 US advisors and the Saudi Defense forces whom have no armour and are untested,now if Bagdhadi is any sort of operator he will have infiltrated the officer ranks and many mosques so 2 fronts open at the same time to speed the fall....hopefully Im wrong but we will soon see.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It certainly looks like a way of trying to unify the Arab countries by force, at least in theory. But coloring in a map with a magic marker is a lot easier than trying to gain and hold land.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If ISIS was really a sunni prising they wouldnt dare attack Saudi. Iraq was bloody weak, vulnerable and rotten when they took the north - lets be honest, northern iraq where they have marched through is very sparsely populated. Just because your walking through the desert without being shot at doesnt mean you've conquered it, it just means no one's stupid enough to try and defend large swathes of sand.

Saudi on the other hand are armed, viscous and rich and wanting a fight.

If ISIS attacks Saudi, I'm betting it will be short, very light and made to look like ISIS are against Saudi, when the truth is its Saudi staging the attack just to look like they arent involved with ISIS.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
and the Saudi Defense forces whom have no armour

Where do you get the idea they have no armor?

Source

The M1A2 Abrams main battle tank is a further development of the M1A1. Currently it is one of the best MBTs in the world. Development of improved M1A1 began in 1988. This MBT in service with USA (over 1 500), Kuwait (218) and Saudi Arabia (457).

Saudi royal guards will be plinking Toyotas at will with their non existent armor lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Maybe your source is correct mine however only mentioned about 800 8 x8 apcs.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
There are reports that ISIS has been funded by Wahhabi's - Wahhabism is the state religion of Saudi Arabia.

Perhaps Saudi initially thought they could control ISIS and use it in a proxy war against Shia Iran and the majority Shia in Iraq.
Maybe they even thought they could use ISIS to bring about a Saudi controlled Caliphate.

However, it seems Al-Baghdadi has his own ideas - but one thing is without doubt; both ISIS and the Saudi led Wahhabi's have a burning ambition to eradicate Shia Islam which they view with an intense hatred.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
ISIL is a mercenary army funded by Saudi Arabia leadership gone rouge.

In the crusades you called crusaders Christian even if they where very unchristian mercenaries used by the catholic Church. The Salafi/Wahhabi is the equivalent of a inquisitor army for the Saudi Arabian interest.

If ISIL is not Sunni then all Sunni must denounce them and all the contributors like Saudi Arabia. The Sunni cannot have it both ways saying Saudi Arabian rulers are Sunni and at the same time let them support ISIL and other Salafi/Wahhabi sects and at the same time not call then heretical to the Sunni way.

Either ISIL and Saudi Arabian Rulers are Sunni or both are heretical and enemies of all Sunni.
edit on 2-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Like the waves on a shore
When Isis meets with its Saudi re-enforcements it will splash back into the territories it has already taken and strengthen its hold

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have a sinking feeling that elements within the US government are tired of being played by the "House of Saud", and are tired of having the petro dollar controlled so heavily by Saudi Arabia and OPEC.

I wouldn't be surprised if ISIS is backed by some element of the US government. We "play nice" with Saudi Arabia, despite the fact they are one of the largest exporters of terrorism on the planet.

I think someone is "done" with the song and dance game. I wouldn't want to be in Saudi Arabia right now, especially in an opulent palace.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I agree with you ..

But the fact is , is that they will fight the ISIS so that should curb some fears for the people who think that other muslim nations will summit to the ISIS caliph...

Brother, I like your posts and you seem to be a good person and a peaceful Muslim... But seriously, ATS is crawling with intolerant people and you'll just be participating in circular dialogue because I feel they will never believe a word you say. They seem to think we lie about the fact that Islam is first and foremost peaceful. Some Muslims in the other hand are sometimes incredibly violent and ridicule just like ISIS is.

I'll say it again and again, I hope ISIS, Saudi Arabia, Israel all destroy each other. The sooner the better for the rest of the world who just wish to live in peace

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Perhaps Saudi initially thought they could control ISIS and use it in a proxy war against Shia Iran and the majority Shia in Iraq.
Maybe they even thought they could use ISIS to bring about a Saudi controlled Caliphate.

that's actually my guess as well. Al-Baghdadi took the Saudi help as long as he needed it to get what he wanted, and then did the ol' double cross. Alliances are easily bought and sold over in that part of the world. Loyalty doesn't exist. I bet the Saudi Royals got nipped by their lil' pit bull and now he's out of control.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I have a sinking feeling that elements within the US government are tired of being played by the "House of Saud", and are tired of having the petro dollar controlled so heavily by Saudi Arabia and OPEC.

I wouldn't be surprised if ISIS is backed by some element of the US government. We "play nice" with Saudi Arabia, despite the fact they are one of the largest exporters of terrorism on the planet.

I think someone is "done" with the song and dance game. I wouldn't want to be in Saudi Arabia right now, especially in an opulent palace.

With the terrorist attack against Russia that Saudi Arabia would have prevented if Russia left Syria the danger to be in Saudi Arabia is real. If not US do something then I think Putin will. It is only a matter of time and a lot of innocent people are gonna end up in the crossfire as normal for the insane people in power.
edit on 2-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Pathetic stone age neanderthals with AK-47s...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This was posted on UK site

Sky News

Saudi Arabia has deployed 30,000 troops to its border with Iraq, according to reports.

The move follows the withdrawal of Iraqi soldiers from the area, the Reuters news agency reported, quoting Saudi-owned Al Arabiya TV.

The Dubai-based satellite channel posted a video on its website which it said showed some 2,500 Iraqi soldiers in the desert area east of the Iraqi city of Karbala after they abandoned their posts, leaving the border area with Saudi Arabia and Syria unguarded.

An Iraqi officer in the video said the Iraqi soldiers had been ordered to quit their posts for no apparent reason.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. It's clear ISIS has received weaponry from the west when they were fighting as the Syrian "rebels". They were funded by the west and probably also received military advice. Now they've "morphed" into something else and no western nation or entity such has NATO has done a thing, allowing this to grow into a much larger issue.

I'm not sure what the end game is, but this is not about religion, but is instead about oil. Maybe someone can help piece this together as I feel the current "alien invasion" from Mexico and Central America, the Russian invasion of the Ukraine, the world financial crisis and the massive world unemployment rate, are all connected as the final stage in the plot to move to one world government. The only real obstacle in that path is us - the average middle class person. They've almost crushed us, but need to fully do so in order to make us beg for this. Control of more than 50% of the world's oil reserves - clandestinely thru a group called ISIS - would allow this to happen and still keep the sheep believing their governments are acting in the better interests of the people.

I clipped this pic from a video Katie Couric did on the subject of Shia vs Sunni called "Now I Get It". Kind of an odd name and even odder that she did this to "help explain" what's happening.

This guy does not look like a "freedom fighter" or a "jihadist" to me. He looks like a paid merc or possibly even special ops helping these guys.

The map below shows current oil reserve estimates. Canada, I guess you can get ready to turn your sovereignty to the all mighty "North American Nation" or what ever the hell it's going to be called, because it looks like you have quite a lot of the stuff they desire.

Look, I don't think I've pieced this all together properly and it may be that the Chinese and/or Russians are behind this, but there is something much greater going on. With oil prices heading for the moon, this will be the final straw to bring the average taxpayer to their knees. The rich can and will hold out as they can pay $50/g and $100 for a hotdog and not even blink. It's us they need to fall in line and this might just be the way to achieve that.

Maybe someone much smarter than I am can make better sense of where I am going with this. Besides I haven't had my coffee yet this morning

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow not even a comment on the "white" jihadist with the wig and fake beard wearing a kevlar vest?

top topics

join