It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Cannabis linked to mental illness risk

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Originally posted by stumason

Hamburger flipper? Not likely mate so keep your assumptions to yourself. Telecoms Engineer is me. Soon to start studying for my BSc in Physics (with Astrophysics)...might take the MBA in Business as well, if I have the spare cash. Although I do like Chemistry...or Engineering....ooooh....the choices are endless.....really limiting my potential there aren't I?

The system wants you to be a drughead, your are easier to control, manage and no threat to the power structure.

Uh-huh and I am Lord Byron too. Go fool yourself, I am not blind.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

Really? if I was that easy to control, would I be on here questioning the very system and actually be politically active.

I am assuming by your "Lord Byron" comment that your are taking the piss. Fine, be like that, you are onviously so blinkered that you cannot believe that someone who enjoys a toke can actually be a productive member of society.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I see no point to recreational drug usage besides a waste of time, money and potential.

Isn't it my time, money and potential though? seeing as my potential is clearly not being damaged, then what the hell has the rest of it got to do with you?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Why is it crippling oneself just because you may like a drink/smoke. It isn't being in denial, it is enjoying the feeling/sensation it gives. Much like sex....

Comparing sex to inhaling a burning weed? ahh well, so much for that.

You sure like to rationalize dependencies, I get no pleasure in being a Neanderthal fuzzhead. I get off by the natural dopamine rush of pushing my intellect to its limits.

Your mind sure does like wonder all around seeking to blame others for a variety of things, but basically your proving THC abuse makes you lose focus and tacticity.

As for automatons: You already are a robot, if your a wage slave and paying for drugs to keep working to pay for more drugs....ad infinitum.

Booze, pot, cigs, etc all are drug crutches set in motion by those that want you to remain crippled. What a sad waste of lifeforce pursuing those deviant behavoirs and pillaging the future of the children. Your rationalizing just shows me this world is headed for the scrapyard before my lifetime is over, as in "Let's all go play while the world is on fire, Mumsie."

Today cements my theory of useless breeders and feeders who are more interested in hedonism and brain masterbation than correcting the bloody damn mess the world is in, and we are headed for a major economic distaster. New Rome has gotten fat, stupid and drunk.

So spin it again Stu and tell us all the 101 ways to pollute our heads with necrotizing molecules. Tell us how it doesn't damage society to have to take care of demented old dopers that took all and gave nothing back.

Your still wrong and you know it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Isn't it my time, money and potential though? seeing as my potential is clearly not being damaged, then what the hell has the rest of it got to do with you?

Your are incapable of addressing the damage you have done to your's and mankind's potential when your in a drug dependent state of mind. That's like asking an insane person to diagnose himself. Non sequitur!

It has to do with being a useless feeder that is taking more than giving and the main reason why the planet is going into a downard spiral. Why should you be allowed to take up space and resources like a tick on a hound's behind? Why should I want you on the planet or others in my shoes? Your not giving any reasons to why you should exist when hard times come.

You are held accountable and no man is an island unto himself, so just drop the copout talk and stop making a mockery of human intelligence with that ego laden dribble. It concerns every human on the face of earth what everyone does.

I am damn tired of the do nothing, rape the planet nutcases and your ideologies just prove my points even more. I already see there's less 7th generation planning due to the increase of party till it burns down meglomania, and your mantras only add to it.

I care not for wastefulness in anyone as my eyes dwell on the children of tomorrow and seeing them grow up in a selfish cold hearted orb of chemical pleasure seekers. I do not want any of you around my children, nor do I want any of you addicts to be in charge of their future. It's time to change and grow up to a class one civilization free of dependencies, and that is not going to happen on a magic carpet ride. Time to get high on building a paradise, rather than raping it to death.

One dopehead president is enough for "all men" to see what the consequences are of drug use.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Your are incapable of addressing the damage you have done to your's and mankind's potential when your in a drug dependent state of mind.

Wasn't aware that I was in a drug dependant state of mind, nor that you were able to diagnose that fact via the interweb....

It has to do with being a useless feeder that is taking more than giving and the main reason why the planet is going into a downard spiral.

A useless feeder? Taking more than giving? Eh?

Hang on there chap, thats entirely unfair (and offensive) and based upon nothing apart from your own skewed view of the world.

How am I a useless feeder? Please define.

And as for the taking/giving, I pay a small, bloody fortune in Tax every month and rarely use any health service, I pay for my own daughters care and education, I do not drive and claim NO benefits, despite me being eligible....

How on this green/brown....murky.... Earth am I a useless feeder? Just because I support the legalisation of pot, you have labelled me and quite offensively at that.

Why should you be allowed to take up space and resources like a tick on a hound's behind?

Thats just plain rude.

Why should I want you on the planet or others in my shoes? Your not giving any reasons to why you should exist when hard times come.

Thats even ruder. Why don't YOU give ME a reason why you should exist (and at the rate your going, it better be a bloody good one)?

Who are you to decide anyway?

You are held accountable and no man is an island unto himself, so just drop the copout talk and stop making a mockery of human intelligence with that ego laden dribble. It concerns every human on the face of earth what everyone does.

How is what I do in the privacy of my home going to effect you?

Please tell me, oh Enlightened one, shower me with your infinite wisdom and show me the error of my ways..... As you obviously have the answer to everything.

I am damn tired of the do nothing, rape the planet nutcases and your ideologies just prove my points even more. I already see there's less 7th generation planning due to the increase of party till it burns down meglomania, and your mantras only add to it.

You are going way off course here mate..what the hell are YOU smoking? How is smoking some green constitute raping the planet?

Just for your information, I recycle about 75% of my household waste, use eco-friendly stuff where possible, walk/cycle/catch public transport instead of drive....

So if you beef is to do with the environment, I am with you...but what does that have to do with cannabis?

I care not for wastefulness in anyone as my eyes dwell on the children of tomorrow and seeing them grow up in a selfish cold hearted orb of chemical pleasure seekers. I do not want any of you around my children, nor do I want any of you addicts to be in charge of their future. It's time to change and grow up to a class one civilization free of dependencies, and that is not going to happen on a magic carpet ride. Time to get high on building a paradise, rather than raping it to death.

Mate, you have some serious issues... I am not even going to begin to address some of the points you brought up there, you have some much bigger emotional problems to sort out before we can debate that.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You sure like to rationalize dependencies, I get no pleasure in being a Neanderthal fuzzhead. I get off by the natural dopamine rush of pushing my intellect to its limits.

Right.....And you are alone in this because you say so? You do not know me and are making seriously sweeping statements based upon some very blinkered, stereotypical views you have.

Your mind sure does like wonder all around seeking to blame others for a variety of things, but basically your proving THC abuse makes you lose focus and tacticity.

I blamed no one, where did I do that?...I have no blame to assign..what are you on? its your mind wandering, Mr Dopamine.....

As for automatons: You already are a robot, if your a wage slave and paying for drugs to keep working to pay for more drugs....ad infinitum.

For someone of a supposedly higher intellect than us sheep/slaves, you seem to make an awful lot of assumptions based on f**k all evidence. Where on earth did you get that statement from?

Booze, pot, cigs, etc all are drug crutches set in motion by those that want you to remain crippled. What a sad waste of lifeforce pursuing those deviant behavoirs and pillaging the future of the children. Your rationalizing just shows me this world is headed for the scrapyard before my lifetime is over, as in "Let's all go play while the world is on fire, Mumsie."

How on earth have you gone from pot to "the world is ending ... arrgh... save me Jeebus!"

Today cements my theory of useless breeders and feeders who are more interested in hedonism and brain masterbation than correcting the bloody damn mess the world is in, and we are headed for a major economic distaster. New Rome has gotten fat, stupid and drunk.

You have serious social problems my friend.

What it boils down to is your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. only you have the answers to save us all and we should be greatful...

All Hail.....

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have had of enough of your lame excuses, since I deal with them as a volunteer narconon counselor all the time. Your reponse indicates I nailed you dead on and got your feathers sorely riled. Taxes are not contributions to putting more back than you take, taxes are just to maintain the status quo. Look around, do you think the status quo needs no improvement and you don't need to seek pleasure inducing chemicals, cause it such a bloody jolly good time?!

Wasn't aware that I was in a drug dependant state of mind, nor that you were able to diagnose that fact via the interweb....

Your position here tells that this is true, irregardless of your patronizing response, so stop smoking while your at it.

How am I a useless feeder? Please define.

Useless feeders maintain or degrade, they do not increase the living standards of future generations.

Who are you to decide anyway?

It is my right and the world's right to decide if what your are doing may harm or waste the children's future.

How is what I do in the privacy of my home going to effect you?

You are not island so get that through your head whether your at home or on the north pole.

So if you beef is to do with the environment, I am with you...but what does that have to do with cannabis?

Then start donating your drug time and drug money to causes that improve the enviroment.

Mate, you have some serious issues... I am not even going to begin to address some of the points you brought up there, you have some much bigger emotional problems to sort out before we can debate that.

Pure copout...don't dance with scorpions if you don't like the sting.

I blamed no one, where did I do that?...I have no blame to assign..what are you on? its your mind wandering, Mr Dopamine.....

I see you forgot already about your rationalizing smoking is better than drinking and everybody does escapism. i.e. Seeking to blame other's deviant habits to justify yours...capeche?

For someone of a supposedly higher intellect than us sheep/slaves, you seem to make an awful lot of assumptions based on f**k all evidence. Where on earth did you get that statement from?

Then quite your job and find out yourself the reality of my statement.

How on earth have you gone from pot to "the world is ending ... arrgh... save me Jeebus!"

Butterfly effect, and I doubt you have even considered the connections since you are on a fantasy island.

What it boils down to is your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. only you have the answers to save us all and we should be greatful...

Your answers or example don't provide any form of role model that kids should follow, so what's your primary mission? Dopehead Bush begats more dopehead people which begats more dopehead idealogies, yeah that just peachy Stu , following the trend ehh....baaaah baaa

There is no rationalizing drug use when the planet it is in the condition it is, that's the cold hard reality of it and there's no room for excuses.

No excuses...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Anything in excess is bad for you. That is all.

lemme see 23 now, mental problems? Perhaps.

Cause by chronic or brought out be cannabis? Doubtful

Cause or brought out by '___'? Mebbeh.

But it's ok cause I've got an entire country of people waiting in line to tell me what I can and can't put inside of me, because they know best, all while they watch their pharmacutical commericals on tv and try and decide which designer prescription is going to work best for their mundane lives.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

There is no rationalizing drug use when the planet it is in the condition it is, that's the cold hard reality of it and there's no room for excuses.

No excuses...

There are numerous modern diseases that cause chronic pain, and also have a range of mental effects. Most of these diseases arise from the progression of an underlying infection with a protein called "a-smooth muscle actin" (ASMA). ASMA infects stem cells for connective tissue and smooth muscle - specific symptoms depend on the specific cells infected, and the location most affected.

The underlying disease seldom is diagnosed before autopsy - secondary effects are diagnosed only after symptoms become acute - and autopsy reports show that nearly 100% of Americans are infected by adulthood.

Most people are left on their own to cope - which results in massive self-medication. Ie., Run a search on 'oxycontin' and self-medication.

I don't do drugs or drink - but I DO see what's going on, and also, recognize that Big Pharma and our government profit directly from the illegal trade in drugs - and from official policies mandating non-diagnosis and non-treatment of underlying ASMA infection.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Personal anecdote time. Introducing my ex-husband.

He's now 44 years old. He's smoked regularly since he was 13.

He currently earns around $120,000/year, as Director of Operations for a CRO (that's Clinical Research Organisation). He donates a good percentage of his salary to various charitable causes; he's never, in his life, paid a bill late (he generally pays them on the day they arrive) and he recycles. He's never driven whilst "under the influence", and he just isn't one of life's irresponsible people.

He drinks maybe a bottle of wine a month, and even then it's spaced out over the month. He likes the flavour and the texture, and likes to think of himself as something of an afficionado.

He's a more productive member of society than the vast majority of the rest of us....and he's a regular pot smoker.

Explain to me how he's unproductive and/or leech-like?

I'm genuinely curious as to how and why the judgement is being applied in such a carte blanche manner.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkleflowerPersonal anecdote time. Introducing my ex-husband.
He's now 44 years old. He's smoked regularly since he was 13.

I say you already convinced yourself and it's no benefit to tell you otherwise.

That and I have a hard time believing a single a word of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That and I have a hard time believing a single a word of it.

Of course. You've made up your mind too

And in doing so, you've made it quite clear that you're not really interested in hearing anything which may contradict the sweeping generalisation you made - or am I reading it wrong?

(If you're really bothered, I could easily have him contact you to verify the information I've shared...wouldn't be a problem)

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I have had of enough of your lame excuses, since I deal with them as a volunteer narconon counselor all the time.

Jeebus H. Krishna.......I pity the poor soul who gets you as a councellor..

Your reponse indicates I nailed you dead on and got your feathers sorely riled.

Really? You called me a useless feeder. Had you got me riled I would have used the gripe button and reported you for what was an incorrect, offensive and downright arrogant statement. Instead, I continue to debate you, even though it looks like there is to be no reasoning or logical debate with you.

Taxes are not contributions to putting more back than you take, taxes are just to maintain the status quo. Look around, do you think the status quo needs no improvement and you don't need to seek pleasure inducing chemicals, cause it such a bloody jolly good time?!

You see, the problem here is that you are bundling too many things together and making several sweeping statements about something as multi-faceted as giving/taking/contributing to society etc.

You first statement indicated simply that I took more than I gave. I illustrated, in simple economic terms, that was not the case. I provide ample tax revenues for my Government to pay the NHS, Education...even invade a sandy country every now and then.. and I take very little back.

If you going to get into a whole debate about ones contributions towards society and other non-quantafiable things as a measure of how useful you are and how much you give/take, then may I suggest you start a new thread.

Now, I never said the staus quo was perfect, but as stated above, that is not the debate.

However, what is relevant is a persons choice to use these mind-altering chemicals and not the issue of the state or any other hyped up little hitler who deems it his business to interfere in someones life because he doesn't agree with a certain aspect of it.

And just to belttle your whole eco-argument and how we should look after the planet more instead of being corporate sheep....

Humans have been using mind altering substances since before recorded history. Even those ancient societies that would appear to be in tune with nature!

In fact, they would be the worse for it! In my opinion, smoking dope is far more a natural thing than drinking or and of the crappy chemical, designer drugs that have appeared in the past 30 or so years.

You seem to be under the impression that as I sit here, in my place of work, i am tanked up on all manner of drugs just to keep me from realising that life is crap.

Where did you get that from? Whilst I acknowledge that, globally, there is much that can be done to improve the human condition (and lets be honest, what can I do about it?), my life is quite content. I have a good job that I enjoy, a wonderful, bright little girl to love and plenty of friends to enjoy my time with.

I DO NOT do drugs in my place of work, or during the working hours. Outside of these hours, what I do is no ones business. And for the record, chemical, man made drugs (such as E or coke) are off the menu.

Your position here tells that this is true, irregardless of your patronizing response, so stop smoking while your at it.

Stop avoiding the question and tell me how you have come to the conclusion that I am drug dependant? That would imply addiction, which is most certainly not the case.

Useless feeders maintain or degrade, they do not increase the living standards of future generations.

How do you know that I do not improve things for the next generation? A feeder, at least in my mind, would imply that they take more than they give, which is not the case.

I work everyday to improve the life of my little one. After that is done, then everything else is a bonus. I help members of my family out when they need it and willingly give to charity where appropriate. What more can one man do? I do not have infinite resources and cannot takle world hunger and the AIDS pandemic on my own! What would you have me do?

And WTF has this got to do with this thread?

It is my right and the world's right to decide if what your are doing may harm or waste the children's future.

What I might or might not do has no bearing on you, when it is done in the privacy of my own home. You're beginning to sound like Rev. Lovjoys shrill wife off the Simpsons;

"Please! Would somebody please think of the children!!"

Get off your high horse and please explain to me what I do, within the confines of my own house, that irks you so much and makes you want to interfere in my life?

You are not island so get that through your head whether your at home or on the north pole.

Well, in England, a mans house is his castle!

How could smoking a couple of joints after work be attributed to the downfall of humanity?

How could stopping cannabis use completely prevent the downfall of humanity?

The answer?

It can't.

Then start donating your drug time and drug money to causes that improve the enviroment.

Erm...drug time and drug money? Excuse me? Your implying that my whole life revolves around the aquisition and consumation of said substances, which is patently false.

I already devote a fair portion of my life doing what I can to make sure my impact on this earth is limited. What more would you have me do? Chain myself to an Amazonian tree and sing kum-baya?

Pure copout...don't dance with scorpions if you don't like the sting.

Just as well i have a big mallet for such occasions.

I see you forgot already about your rationalizing smoking is better than drinking and everybody does escapism. i.e. Seeking to blame other's deviant habits to justify yours...capeche?

It wasn't rationalising nor was I saying "everyone else does it". What I was trying to say to you is that people need escapism, it is part of being human. To not have any form of escapism or fantasy makes you an unhealthy individual. It is down to a persons own choice how they go about enjoying themselves so who the hell are you to judge?

Then quite your job and find out yourself the reality of my statement.

Why would I want to do that? I am quite happy in my job and it provides an income with which I support my family.

You said:

You already are a robot, if your a wage slave and paying for drugs to keep working to pay for more drugs....ad infinitum.

I am not a wage slave, as that would imply a minimum earning. I earn several times the minimum wage and live quite comfortably. I do not work to pay for drugs, in order to keep on working. That is such a crappy statement one wonders if you do indeed talk out of your mouth or another bodily orrifice.

Butterfly effect, and I doubt you have even considered the connections since you are on a fantasy island.

I am on fantasy island? Seems you have things somewhat confused their mate. From what I have read in your posts, it would appear that I am the one with my feet firmly planted in the reality and you have gone off on some deluded moral quest to cleanse humanity of its "sins".

Your answers or example don't provide any form of role model that kids should follow, so what's your primary mission? Dopehead Bush begats more dopehead people which begats more dopehead idealogies, yeah that just peachy Stu , following the trend ehh....baaaah baaa

Really? And what do you know about me? What do you know that would prohibit me being a decent role model? Who are you to decide?

If you must know, the be all and end all in my life is my daughter.

EVERYTHING for her comes first. End of.

Seeing as I am as far removed from any sort of "Bush" Ideology (being British actually helps
) as you can get, one wonders if you actually have a full set of sandwhiches to be able to go to any sort of picnic.

What has Bush got to do with this topic?

Now I know how the Yanks feel when we lambast Bush for genuine reasons.....

Get of your high horse, Regenmacher, it is offensive and tiresome. If you wish to continue the discussion, then can we limit it to known facts and the topic in hand, rather than slinging insults my way that have nothing to do with this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
(If you're really bothered, I could easily have him contact you to verify the information I've shared...wouldn't be a problem)

Sweeping statements based on direct experience in all facets from user, manufacturer, drug counselor to funding damage control projects.

Just a matter of time before your drug Piper collects, and I no longer gamble with life for a few hours of chemical brain masterbation. Go sell it some other dupe, no sale here for drug pushers.

The propaganda stops here and the chemical road bridges are burnt to a crisp.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Stu there will come a time when you see I am right, so tick tock till then and that psycobabble won't be a saving grace at that time either. Like telling the copper you weren't speeding.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sweeping statements based on direct experience in all facets from user, manufacturer, drug counselor to funding damage control projects.

I can sit here and make sweeping statements too, in direct contradiction to yours, which would also be based upon having experience in every facet from drug manufacturer to end user to patient advocate. Doesn't mean a darn thing really, does it? That's the problem with such sweeping generalisations - they fail to take into account any sense of individuality and/or unique circumstances, which I would have thought would be crucial in the role of advocate/counsellor, no?

Just a matter of time before your drug Piper collects, and I no longer gamble with life for a few hours of chemical brain masterbation. Go sell it some other dupe, no sale here for drug pushers.

What exactly are you talking about? Is that just your way of saying "Ok, I'm done here"?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Stu there will come a time when you see I am right, so tick tock till then and that psycobabble won't be a saving grace at that time either. Like telling the copper you weren't speeding.

Right.......... I highly doubt it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Pretty much, I see it a useless endeavor like handing out AA pamphlets at a kegger.

I haven't even touched on the karmic and spiritual implications, but that's another story in the NDE Netherlands. Toodles...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Regen
Your attitude wouldn't get you very far in real life. Certainly not in a free and democratic worls anyhow. Your attitudes would have made you very popular in certain German fringe groups just before the outset of WW2. They shared your opinions down the line, those..hmm..groups.

Guys all got together and started thinking of ways to improve society using their own genius and complete lack of compassion. Using a skewed scale they would weigh the pros and cons of other men's lives, and of course they saw themselves as the pinnacle of achievement. They claimed their race was pure, they claimed their bodies were pure, they claimed that God protected and directed them.

Something we don't know about you, Mr. Swiss National Regenmacher? Or something you're trying to hide? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you never realized what a Nazi you were. It's never too late for change.

Your philosophy of efficiency and straight edge superiority is yours and yours alone, keep trying to control the world, it won't effect the world and it won't effect me. I have chosen a different philosophy to live by, which includes principles entirely different than your own. I refuse to give a damn, like the water that just follows its internal current. You are spitting venom and smashing at boulders that I would simply flow around, and you call yourself advanced?

The fact remains that life is precious, and death is, for all intents and purposes, unavoidable. How you spend your life is your own challenge, your own sequence of decisions, it doesn't belong to anybody else, and it's more precious than any material thing. You spend your life how you want, and I'll do the same, otherwise there're going to be problems. You can think ill of 90% of the world, call us all useless eaters, laugh at how much better your life is, I don't care, it doesn't effect me. But don't ever try to stop me from living my life, or there will be Hell to pay.

Society can order and structure itself until the end of time, it will always fall to chaos. Guess what buddy? The great sea of useless eaters outside your door are chaos incarnate when they're in good form. Marijuana has been on this planet longer than society, longer than human beings, longer than most modern animals. Any ill-conceived campaigns against God's creations will suffer from a lack of Divine support, trust.

Comparing sex to inhaling a burning weed? ahh well, so much for that.

The brain doesn't care what causes the release of chemicals, or the oxygen deprivation. It just gets off and compels you to go again.

You sure like to rationalize dependencies, I get no pleasure in being a Neanderthal fuzzhead.

There is no physical dependence created by cannabis use. There is a psychological urge to smoke again, because the brain wants to fill as many receptors as it can to increase efficiency, however the final decision belongs to one's self.

If you take no pleasure in it, you should stop doing it.

I get off by the natural dopamine rush of pushing my intellect to its limits.

That's wonderful. You're still a drug addict.

Focus and order are good things? You think they are, and that's fabulous, but the cosmic jury is still hung. The universe requires both growth and entropy. Whether on a chemical or spiritual level, there are benefits to be reaped from both states.

You're arguing for a simplified world view, and I aint buyin' it.

You assume too much. I used to make a very good living, more than enough to pay for all the various pastimes I enjoyed. I retreated from that life, and I'm quite comfortable here in the mountains, away from the bustling world. I take nothing from the State, and I work the bare minimum necessary to free up time for meditation and creative expression.

Think whatever you want, but the fact remains the majority of pot smokers contribute to society, and are not a burden on it. Even in going to prison pot heads support the corrupt system with cash injections. If marijuana were decriminalized, half of law enforcement and three quarters of associated personell would find themselves out of work.

Which would be wonderful, because it would compel them to find something more meaningful to do with their lives besides enforce the selfish and dangerous agendas of the policy makers.

Booze, pot, cigs, etc all are drug crutches set in motion by those that want you to remain crippled.

Marijuana is not such a drug, one of the reasons it was outlawed is because it made the underclass question authority and think outside the box of slavery - opening new neural pathways tends to make people think differently yaknow. Those who wish us crippled would prefer we didn't think at all, hence, television.

Booze has a long and storied history as the beverage of kings and conquerors, as well as its more recent conquests of the poor underclass. I have a lot of respect for the social tradition of alcohol, though I don't consume it much myself. Your disdain for all drugs is a viewpoint tainted by your subjective desire to be superior, but history contains too many drunken heroes to bear out your opinions with fact. Reality, get some.

As far as cigarettes, I suppose the Native Americans used tobacco to control the braves right? C'mon. Just because some people use a pick axe for murder doesn't mean you can't mine for gold with the same exact tool. Logic, get some.

What a sad waste of lifeforce pursuing those deviant behavoirs and pillaging the future of the children. Your rationalizing just shows me this world is headed for the scrapyard before my lifetime is over, as in "Let's all go play while the world is on fire, Mumsie."

I couldn't have said it better myself. Let's go play while the world is on fire. Indeed. Let's.

Deviant behaviors? No, incorrect. The VAST majority of citizens of the world use drugs. You're the deviant here, Mr Straight Edge Rainmaker. There hasn't been a single stage of human evolution where we haven't used drugs. Deviant behavior indeed...

Today cements my theory of useless breeders and feeders who are more interested in hedonism and brain masterbation than correcting the bloody damn mess the world is in, and we are headed for a major economic distaster.

Thank God. We can all rest easy knowing how much better you are.

I think you owe it to your superiority to neither breed nor feed. That'll really show us. Go for it.
You have my unwavering support.

New Rome has gotten fat, stupid and drunk.

Yeah, like lean, brutal, efficient Rome was any better from the objective paradigm of the vassals. Don't flatter yourself, the current situation is preferable to the vast majority of people, otherwise, NEWSFLASH, things wouldn't be this way.

..tell us all the 101 ways to pollute our heads with necrotizing molecules.

Are you talking about THC or Oxygen? Because the former is less dangerous than the latter. Maybe in addition to abstaining from breeding and feeding, you could abstain from breathing, all in the pursuit of perfection of course...

Tell us how it doesn't damage society to have to take care of demented old dopers that took all and gave nothing back.

Society shouldn't be taking care of them, but that's an argument for a different day.

Your still wrong and you know it.

My you're rude Mr. Swiss.

Your are incapable of addressing the damage you have done to your's and mankind's potential when your in a drug dependent state of mind. That's like asking an insane person to diagnose himself. Non sequitur!

Right, here's this Hitlerian judgement springing up again. Drug users are fundamentally flawed, so they need the help of caring individuals like Regenmacher. Nonsense. Dangerous nonsense.

It has to do with being a useless feeder that is taking more than giving and the main reason why the planet is going into a downard spiral.

Wonderful little appelation there, and so original.

Why should you be allowed to take up space and resources like a tick on a hound's behind?

Why should you? We're all on the same hound, in case you forgot. Your tiny body is so perfect and pure it can't stand to ride the same dirty ass dog alongside other bugs? Whatever dude, you're seriously deluded, and I sincerely hope you're not a public servant such as you claim.

The sentence I quoted above is textbook Nazi #. Like God himself made you judge of man.
Shame, shame, shame.

Why should I want you on the planet or others in my shoes? Your not giving any reasons to why you should exist when hard times come.

I'll see you in Mad Maxville, and we'll find out who's got the testicular fortitude to populate the future. Till then, it's all conjecture on your part. You could get hit by a bus tommorow, or a falling chunk of frozen excrement ejected from the bowls of a commuter jet high overhead. I hope your paradigm affords you the ability to take comfort in any eventuality, because mine does.

You are held accountable and no man is an island unto himself,

Accountable to who? You? The State? I don't think so. We're only ever accountable to ourselves.

stop making a mockery of human intelligence with that ego laden dribble.

Observer's note: Patient clearly lacks even a rudimentary sense of irony, complete disconnect from personal failings, irretrievable dignity due to downward spiral of self-loathing projected as disdain for those who appear different. Reccomendation: liberal does of THC and 200mg chill pills thrice daily.

How would you like it if drug users ran the world, and subjected you to their judgement? You'd probably like it, and hate yourself for it.

It concerns every human on the face of earth what everyone does.

Yeah, and it concerns every human on the face of the earth what every vole and muskrat and otter and flea does, but we don't have the ability to control it all so the smart ones JUST LET GO. Jesus Christ..if only common sense were really so common.

I am damn tired of the do nothing, rape the planet nutcases and your ideologies just prove my points even more.

You equate pot smokers with planet rapists. I see. I have a pretty big yard here, behind my house, and I have never attempted to rape it. My neighbours can vouch for me, because surely they would notice if I tried to violate the earth in their vicinity.

You're seriously going off the deep end, which is hilarious to watch, but dangerous. I urge you to seek help before you hurt yourself or someone else. Your anger is clearly misdirected.

I already see there's less 7th generation planning due to the increase of party till it burns down meglomania, and your mantras only add to it.

I think you're mistaken. It's the planning that causes the problems, not the free spirits.

I care not for wastefulness in anyone as my eyes dwell on the children of tomorrow and seeing them grow up in a selfish cold hearted orb of chemical pleasure seekers.

My God, but you could cut the melodrama with a knife. The world will be what the world will be, regardless of your selfish designs. You think you're so selfless, but clearly there are a number of people here who see more clearly from outside that little bubble you've erected. The word is hypocrite.

I do not want any of you around my children, nor do I want any of you addicts to be in charge of their future.

Then move to the moon, cheap real estate, and no drugs. You'd love it there.

It's time to change and grow up to a class one civilization free of dependencies,

Impossible. Civilization itself is a dependency.

and that is not going to happen on a magic carpet ride. Time to get high on building a paradise, rather than raping it to death.

Issues.
Serious..freakin'..issues.

One dopehead president is enough for "all men" to see what the consequences are of drug use.

One? We've had more than a dozen here in American, and I'm sure it's no different in your country. It's part and parcel of humanity. Get used to it, or put in your request now to be reincarnated as a skunk.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 18-9-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would like to say that it is highly possible, only because it allows thought processes to flow through different parts of the brain, so you can think of something in a different way, "from a different angle" .. which could be considered not normal... Mental Illness sometimes is misdiagnosed, perhaps due to ignorance among the population.. (a lot of people who use this website would be considered to have a mental illness or two.. )

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join