It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby and the supreme court.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: buster2010
Getting rid of a fertilized egg before it implants is not abortion. .

It's killing a conceived child. It's an abortion pill. The left doesn't like to admit these are abortificants and they whine that technically they child hasn't implanted so the medical term can't be used. But the fact remains .. it kills a conceived child.

Pregnancy isn't a "belief", it's a medical condition. According to the American Medical Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, pregnancy begins upon implantation.

Frozen embryos aren't people, and when an embryo is transferred to a women during a fertility procedure, she "hopes" to become pregnant. She isn't pregnant until that embryo implants.

Again, pregnancy isn't a belief, but when "life begins" is.

Soooo what your saying is that I ,as an atheist and pro-abortion, then Hobby Lobby is not a good career choice for me?

Are there atheist out there who are anti-abortion because they believe that a "God" creates life at a certain point in time?

Religion and right to life go pretty much hand in hand.

Before any anti-abortion people jump on the band wagon, if you have not personally adopted 25 homeless children, then stfu because all you are doing is flapping your gums about something you truly have no conviction in.

edit on R182014-07-02T11:18:31-05:00k187Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R222014-07-02T11:22:17-05:00k227Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's killing a conceived child. It's an abortion pill. The left doesn't like to admit these are abortificants and they whine that technically they child hasn't implanted so the medical term can't be used. But the fact remains .. it kills a conceived child.

Pregnancy isn't a "belief", it's a medical condition. According to the American Medical Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, pregnancy begins upon implantation.

Frozen embryos aren't people, and when an embryo is transferred to a women during a fertility procedure, she "hopes" to become pregnant. She isn't pregnant until that embryo implants.

I think she is referring to conception if I am reading her post correctly, and conception happens before mitosis and the development of the embryo. At this point there has already been a DNA exchange, an in the first week it is attached to the uterus wall and can have a spinal cord. At this point I call it a child, and I wonder how many women even know they are pregnant this early, because your menstrual cycle isn't chemically stopped by the embryo until 4 to 5 weeks. So pretty much sometime in 7 days we go from belief to life.

The issue isn't implantations anyway, nobody spends the money on implantation just to have an abortion. But I don't know enough about a woman's body to know if they can know they are pregnant in the first week or not. I only know the getting them that way from experience. No offense ladies.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Soooo what your saying is that I ,as an atheist and pro-abortion, then Hobby Lobby is not a good career choice for me?

What is a "pro-abortionist"? Hobby Lobby was never asked to pay for abortions.

Personally, unskilled labor in a retail setting doesn't feel "career-y" to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Are there atheist out there who are anti-abortion because they believe that a "God" creates life at a certain point in time?

Religion and right to life go pretty much hand in hand.

Before any anti-abortion people jump on the band wagon, if you have not personally adopted 25 homeless children, then stfu because all you are doing is flapping your gums about something you truly have no conviction in.

Maybe the answer is you have a choice of 16 different free contraceptives provided by Hobby Lobby, and will have to have a government sponsored abortion should you want one of those for free. Then you can continue your life without consequence of your actions no worries.

So does this mean you don't get an opinion on abortion unless you have had 25?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

opposite of anti-abortionist

You've never heard the term pro-abortion? Try looking it up.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I don't believe in the existence of "pro-abortionists". I think that's just name calling, not a title.

I believe the correct titles are "Pro-Choice" and "Anti-Choice".

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hobby Lobby was never asked to pay for abortions.

Four abortificants are what folks like you are getting all uptight over.

I believe the correct titles are "Pro-Choice" and "Anti-Choice".

I believe the correct titles are Pro-Life and Anti-Life.
If you are going to mistakenly refer to people as 'anti-choice' then anti-life fits the other side.

Frozen embryos aren't people,

They aren't cats or dogs or horses .... they are unborn people.
They are conceived human beings.

Right out of your own mouth. Pregnancy begins with life begins.
Life begins at conception.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

All those things that you just listed in your rant are your opinions and "beliefs". They aren't facts.

edit on 2-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The older I get, the more convinced I am that abortion should be extended up to 10 years old.... get rid of the defective ones before they mature.

Hey look at the bright side, on your next attempt, you will already have the clothes and stuff left over from your first attempt.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
the link to the pdf from the SCOTUS:

www.supremecourt.gov...

and I quote:

Hobby Lobby is an arts and crafts retail chain store, with more than 13,000 employees in over 500 stores nationwide. Mardel is a chain of Christian-themed bookstores, with 372 full-time employees in 35 stores. Employees of the two corporations and their families receive health insurance from the corporations’ self-insured group health plans.

The applicants filed an action in Federal District Court for declaratory and injunctive relief under the Free Exer - cise Clause of the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 (RFRA), 42 U. S. C. §2000bb et seq. They allege that under the HRSA guide - lines, Hobby Lobby and Mardel will be required, contrary to the applicants’ religious beliefs, to provide insurance coverage for certain drugs and devices that the applicants believe can cause abortions.

Now.... tell me again how this has nothing to do with religion and only is about abortion.

Now I have to throw 2 BS flags.

edit on R592014-07-02T11:59:09-05:00k597Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

All those things that you just listed in your rant

I wasn't ranting. I was speaking. Stop projecting ....

are your opinions and "beliefs".

No. It's a fact. Abortificants kill conceived children.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No. It's a fact. Abortificants kill conceived children.

Opinion/belief!

A fertilized egg/embryo is not a child!

See how that works?

edit on 2-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I said ... conceived child. And an abortificant does indeed kill it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

What the hell is a "conceived child"? A you trying to get metaphysical on me?

Like I said, and embryo isn't a child.

Abortions and abortificants (chemical abortions) end pregnancies. No implantation, no pregnancy, no abortion.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No implantation, no pregnancy, no abortion.

I'm sure you console yourself with that sound bite, but the fact is that a conceived child is killed.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What the hell is a "conceived child"? A you trying to get metaphysical on me?

Like I said, and embryo isn't a child.

Abortions and abortificants (chemical abortions) end pregnancies. No implantation, no pregnancy, no abortion.

So medically at what point do you call it a child? When its on a bus coming to the US? Just kidding.

4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8, weeks?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

but the fact is that a conceived child is killed.

LOL! I'll ask again. What is a conceived child?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

So medically at what point do you call it a child?

Sometime after birth, between newborn and toddler.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
to make sure that everyone is "faithful" to thier convictions...

again, if you do not believe in abortions, then I am sure you have adopted no less than 25 of the children that are homeless... I mean after all, if they aren't aborted and come to be born,,, somebody has to take care of them right?

Again... this case was based on religious beliefs... I, for one, DO NOT believe that a company or corporation can have "religious beliefs". People can, corps and companies can not.

And yes, I do wholeheartedly agree with abortion after conception. My Grandchild was born with HLHS... the doctors were stunned that the defect wasn't caught by pre-natal screening, which it should have been, not to mention the abnormal heartbeat.

She is now 7.... her medical bills are past 1.4 million at this point and her future very much remains in doubt. She is on medicare so every taxpayer is footing her medical bills and will continue to do so for a long long time. No child should have to go through what she has been through and still yet has to go through.

edit on R592014-07-02T14:59:08-05:00k597Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R082014-07-02T15:08:55-05:00k087Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I was thinking more like 10 years so you can see the complete personality development before its AMF.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join