It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't post

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Can someone help, i,m wanting to start a post about a suspected bomb one of my friends found this afternoon in a town in Scotland but dont know how to begin, its years since i posted anything , The bombscare is still ongoing, any help will be appreciated

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AkioSensei91

It would be good if abovetopsecret would make that clear generally (20 reply posts needed before a new member can post a new thread), removing the need for newer members like me to have to do a Google search to find a thread like this which explains.

In "about ATS", there is the legend:

' Our free memberships provide a host of services that either require monthly fees within some communities, or simply don't exist anywhere else. They include:

Secure Messaging: A secure private communication system among members
Chat: Full-featured members-only chat
Full Posting: There are no restrictions on "novice" accounts
'

---

This comes not far above the section in the "about" page which is:

' "Conspiracy Theories"
While "conspiracy theorists" are often derided or the target of jokes, the fact remains that Americans love a good conspiracy theory. Many of the more popular and highest grossing movies are based on core ideas
'.

I know that much of the so-called 25 principles of the Illuminati come down to confounding, annoying, torturing ordinary people.

Do you think there could be anything in this? That, just above the conspiracy theories section, there is this lie about "no restrictions" on new members from posting what could be very important information. Could ATS want newbies to run away and shut up, or at least toe the line for a while, maybe until they get too tired to make a fuss with a new news post?

Let's be clear, ATS. Everyone makes mistakes - but that's really annoying. You must have sent away lots of confused new members who don't realise why they can't post. Perhaps they've thought their computers have been infiltrated by PRISM also. It's quite disconcerting, you know - like those commenting above this, I too got the clear, white screen after I selected to make a new thread (after reading your legend about "no restrictions").

Come on - if you have restrictions, say you have restrictions. If you don't want to have restrictions, then simply take away the restrictions. One or the other. But please don't go giving those in the so-called Illuminati networks a little run for their money on their kind of "ballgames".
edit on 19-2-2015 by bw1000 because: clarity

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
[

So... You have to do 20 introductory posts? Or do replies like this count? Or am I reading like a silly person?
edit on 10-5-2015 by OfManAndWolf because: Accidentally made my reply a direct quote from someone else...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OfManAndWolf

It's twenty quality posts. You can start a thread in the introductions forum, but to start a thread in the other forums you just need 20 posts. You can post in any thread that isn't in a restricted forum.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Watch the number under under the "Talk bubble" left of the flag
Respond to this post and it will go up to 12 you need to post 20 times before you can create a thread
edit on 10-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thanks a lot you guys! Great community here BTW.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Watch the number under under the "Talk bubble" left of the flag
Respond to this post and it will go up to 12 you need to post 20 times before you can create a thread

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but what do the other symbols mean? What is my karma and how is it calculated? How does it affect me? How long till I get to be above top secret, also what are the stars for? Good or bad?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Karma is a long and complicated formula only understood by the great SkepticOverlord. Many have tried, all have walked away muttering something about needing a large infusion of alcohol.

WATS is a combination of many things, and is used to restrict certain forums, such as 9/11. That builds up as you post.

Stars are given by other members. If they like your post, they'll click the star in the upper corner of it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Flags are when you post a thread and other people flag it by clicking on the big flag at the top of the page
It will turn white instead of blank/grey ... You can only flag a thread once

I have no idea how the Karma thing is calculated ... it has no affect as far as I know

The stars are for when you think a post is good quality ... you can star other's posts ... but only once per post
Sorta the same as as liking something on Facebook but better in my opinion

Above Top Secret is a forum ... not sure if you need 20 posts to contribute to it
A MOD or more knowledgeable member will may tell you

edit on 10-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

The WATS score is Way Above Top Secret. There used to be an award for WATS, now it's a sore based on applause, posts, and I believe something else but don't remember exactly. It's one of the scores shown in your mini profile.
edit on 5/10/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One thing we do know about the Karma formula is that there's a "divide by the number of posts" in there somewhere.
So people who post a lot, without compensating stars, may find the figure going down instead of up.

edit on 10-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the info on WATS
Must admit I was clueless about it

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks so much guys. Is flagging good or bad? I've been flagged twice. Probably for saying something un-intelligent haha... That happens a lot.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Flagging is done to bring attention to a thread

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Ah, okay great. I think I have the place figured out now.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How do you post though?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join