It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek continues : Fairest of them all

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
For those who didnt know there is a crowd funded effort to continue with the original star trek series going on at the moment. Its truley a joy to watch as they have gone to huge lengths to capture the feel of the original series. The guy playing Kirk has totally nailed the charecter. Scotty is played by the original actors son and Sulu is played by grant imahara from mythbusters. All the actors are working for free.

The latest episode is : The fairest of them all vimeo.com...
This episode is a bit quirky with some kind of alternate Enterprise and crew.

more episodes here www.startrekcontinues.com...

edit on 1-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I had heard about this series and am appreciative of the effort that has gone in by many to continue the mission. Good find OP.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Oh! Thanks for that!

The first episode was a real blast. Indeed, the actor playing Kirk IS the same Kirk we saw back then. So cool!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD If we ever meet face to face I want to buy you a Romulan Ale...or a beer. S&F. (Starship&Federation)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: PhoenixOD If we ever meet face to face I want to buy you a Romulan Ale...or a beer. S&F. (Starship&Federation)

Gladly accepted

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The link for the episode you posted
seems like a redux of the episode called Mirror Mirror

I guess it is
just with a tongue & cheek
snow white re title

not sure I can watch these doods pretend to be the original cast.
think I would much rather just go back and watch the original series.
All available on youtube...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this...Excellent work by this crew. Watched a full episode..."Lolani" I think it was called, these people can carry the dream anywhere they want

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This Kurt seems a little darker than the original.
edit on 1-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sorry guys, copy cat is the sincerest form of flattery. Nothing but the original will do.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP. I will watch these later.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

Ahh that makes much more sense now. Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Where is Mudd? And Tribbles?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Watched this the other night. The attention to detail is AMAZING. On some of the camera angles Kirk actually looks almost exactly like William Shatner. Scotty is amazing. The fact that they are going with the original score adds a lot to it. I hope they make a few dozen episodes.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Just keep Brannon Braga and JJ Abrams away from this and it'll be fine.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
They have a very good presentation of original Trek and the production values and acting are all good to very good. I'd have liked to have seen some more original episodes instead of follow ups to existing past stories.
"Mirror Mirror" was an outstanding episode but never had a completely satisfying retelling in the Trek universe, like in DS9 and the Trek novels. I just never bought how they had the Empire collapse to the Romulans and Klingons, who logically would have very different ambitions in their world but seemed identical to their original Trek counterparts. Also, given that the Empire acted much like the Klingons, how do the Klingons avoid collapse if the Empire doesn't? I'd always thought the Klingons were well on their way to collapse after the events in Star Trek 6, anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
AWWWWEEEESOMEEEEEE!

KIRK LIVES!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

i was quite impressed with the high quality of this remake of the original, I honestly didn't expect it to be so good, it was impressive.
They nailed it very well, i really got into it just like the originals. The originals will always be the originals though but this is very good indeed.
i plan to make a donation to the amazing crew of people who pulled this off so very well and I hope others will do the same, i didn't think this would ever be pulled off to this degree, it was quite amazing especially since the picture quality seemed to be in HD it was very interesting.
Thank you for posting this.

S&F

edit on 5-7-2014 by enament because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2014 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I was watching the first episode, and it reminded me of how many great fan based parodies or remakes are in the beginning - a little fresh, but lots of talent involved. I think it it continues, it would be worth watching for anyone who has seen the original series.

I grew up with The Next Generation, so this is making me want to watch more Star Trek. Thanks though, my friend. The internet is always entertaining.
edit on 06amSun, 06 Jul 2014 03:04:33 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

One of my favorite bands is named after this episode yet I've never seen it. So, thanks for the link as I never thought to look and see if it was out there. Not being a huge ST fan, or much of a ST fan at all, I just never thought of looking to see if it was online.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Here's some vids about the making of the series

edit on 6-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

join