It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy Of Islamic Homophobia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: abe froman
Many Gulf War/Iran/Afghanistan vets are aware of how Muslim soldiers tend to go way beyond what are considered heterosexual acts while in the field, away from women and prying eyes.
It wouldn't be any big deal if it wasn't for their treatment of homosexuals, namely stoning, death, mutilation and torture.
It seems to me indicative of the hypocrisy of Islam (and many religions) as a whole.
Sodomy acceptable while engaged in Jihad.

I have two nephews that are marines and one that is in the army. They all pulled multiple tours and all of them would back up what you say. They all have stories and it goes beyond just soldiers. It's the general population as well. It's rampant according to all 3 who served different tours at different times.

It's beyond hypocritical, but I suppose if the lights are off and the sun has set they can just pretend it's not. You'll never find any that admit to it even if you literally caught them with their pants down.

That sounds like allot of homosexual activity !

My question is if their is so much of it happening why don't we hear about it ?

The only place we really hear about it is Iran...

I am sure a video would have popped up somewhere of homosexual Muslims in the act right?

I mean heck we have videos is Iraqi army trying to do jumping Jack's.

Even Afghanistan natives engaging in acts with goats *cough*

But somehow you and the OP seem to thrive off of the fact that their are homosexual who apparently are Muslim.....

Their are homosexuals everywhere .. Regardless of race ,religion, ect ect..

Does that mean they represent Islam ?

Nay !

Same applys to extremist Muslims , they don't represent Islam and what it teaches at all...

What's the point of this thread ? I already proved OP's link was invalid..

Its just another Islam hate rant...

Duces !

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
" If there is so much happening why don't we here about it ?"
We do hear about it and you just lie and deny it. Now, no one admits to it because if they do YOU CUT THEIR HEAD OFF!!!!
Mystery solved.

edit on 1-7-2014 by abe froman because: Farrakan

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

As long as my husband isn't gay I couldn't care less who is. The point was about hypocrisy and I agreed with it. It doesn't make me anti Islam. I don't think anyone should persecute anyone for their sexual lifestyle especially those who are probably partaking in it themselves REGARDLESS of which religious banner it falls under.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Yeah, being in place where you might be beheaded for coming out probably is a place you will stay in the closet.

That's my guess.

Also many of the families would not say anything about finding a family member doing such a thing because it's either stay quiet or kill them to maintain honor.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My son spent several years n Afghanistan, and made friends with many of the locals.
There is a day set aside each week- can't remember if he said Thursday or Friday- where it is not a sin for two men to have sex, as long as they 'pretend' the other is a woman.
It's hard to understand a culture when the majority of the people are living as if they were still in the dark ages, yet we believe we can 'help' them, without education to bring them into the 21st century.

The ME doesn't stand a chance of ever changing until ignorance and poverty are addressed. The fact that these issues are not being focused on tells me that the war is not about freedom, human rights, aiding a country, or any of the other myriad reasons we've been given for being there.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
My son spent several years n Afghanistan, and made friends with many of the locals.
There is a day set aside each week- can't remember if he said Thursday or Friday- where it is not a sin for two men to have sex, as long as they 'pretend' the other is a woman.
It's hard to understand a culture when the majority of the people are living as if they were still in the dark ages, yet we believe we can 'help' them, without education to bring them into the 21st century.

The ME doesn't stand a chance of ever changing until ignorance and poverty are addressed. The fact that these issues are not being focused on tells me that the war is not about freedom, human rights, aiding a country, or any of the other myriad reasons we've been given for being there.

What the ! I dont even ! Bwhahaha

A day set aside ?

Your joking right ?

Sounds like someone is pulling your leg..

And if it is true then I would say Afghanistan need to re evaluate their current beliefs

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
" If there is so much happening why don't we here about it ?"
We do hear about it and you just lie and deny it. Now, no one admits to it because if they do YOU CUT THEIR HEAD OFF!!!!
Mystery solved.

Who's denying it ?
Man is not sin free ...

Well , geez i guess i better tell all my gay friends that i am going to cut their heads off

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

A day set aside ?

Your joking right ?

And if it is true then I would say Afghanistan need to re evaluate their current beliefs

I'm not joking at all, and neither was my son. Their religious beliefs allow for such activity if they commit such acts with the 'proper' mind frame.
It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not. Their religion is difficult to understand, and as with all religions, they twist the word of God to support what they want to do and believe.
My son would not have said it if it was not true.
As with all cultures, not everyone there is a religious fanatic. But the majority are.
edit on 2u1111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

A day set aside ?

Your joking right ?

I'm not joking at all, and neither was my son. Their religious beliefs allow for such activity if they commit such acts with the 'proper' mind frame.
It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not. Their religion is difficult to understand, and as with all religions, they twist the word of God to support what they want to do and believe.
My son would not have said it if it was not true.
As with all cultures, not everyone there is a religious fanatic. But the majority are.

Sorry , I don't believe you , I am Muslim and such an act would be against Islam and the Quran thus being a direct act of disbelief.
That is why the price is a heavy penaltie ..

In all my years of being Muslim I have NEVER heard of such thing.
And the majority of Afghan are Sufi , I have been in heavy debates with Sufi as well as listen to a few . I am sure this would have been brought up.

Just saying

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's also a well documented thing that young muslim men have gay sex before marrying a woman because having sex with a woman out of wedlock can often get her killed.

NY Times did an article on street racing in Saudi Arabia that referred to the issue:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
It's also a well documented thing that young muslim men have gay sex before marrying a woman because having sex with a woman out of wedlock can often get her killed.

NY Times did an article on street racing in Saudi Arabia that referred to the issue:
www.nytimes.com...

This is a refrence in your artical

Some young people, asked why they risked their lives this way, said it was because of “tufush,” a colloquial Arabic word for boredom whose meaning is said by some to derive from the gestures made by a drowning man. Drifting, which tends to attract poorer, more marginal men, has also been an unlikely nexus between homosexuality, crime and jihadism since it emerged 30 years ago. Homoerotic desire is a constant theme in Saudi songs and poems about drifting, and accomplished drifters are said to have their pick of the prettiest boys among the spectators. Drugs sometimes also play a role. But a number of drifters have also become Islamic militants, including Youssef al-Ayyeri, the founder of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, who fought in Afghanistan and was killed by security forces in Saudi Arabia in 2003.

The author was trying to entertain the idea that homosexual behavior was due to the segregation of woman from men..

Nowhere did it say anything about boy having gay sex before marriage...

Show me proof where it says homosexual behavior is acctable in Islam?

Your information is disinformation...

Get real dude ..

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

The site you linked doesnt exactly seem impartial.

You can trust the translation. This is what MEMRI does.

If you do some research into MEMRI, you'll find that its a propaganda network founded by an Israeli colonel.

Some of the previous and current members are IDF and Mossad agents.

One of their most vocal critics is Norman Finkelstein.

"They use the same sort of propaganda techniques as the Nazis," Professor Norman G. Finkelstein, a well-known scholar on Israel/Palestine, told InFocus. "They take things out of context in order to do personal and political harm to people they don't like."

Take the case of Professor Halim Barakat, a novelist and scholar associated with the Center for Contemporary Arab Studies at Georgetown University.

In 2002, he published an article on Zionism in London's Al-Hayat Daily, but says that in certain instances, MEMRI selectively edited what he wrote. "I know how to make a distinction between Judaism and Zionism, but they distorted the article," Barakat told InFocus. "They left out certain things and tried to make it look anti-Semitic."

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

The author was trying to entertain the idea that homosexual behavior was due to the segregation of woman from men..

Nowhere did it say anything about boy having gay sex before marriage...

Show me proof where it says homosexual behavior is acctable in Islam?

Your information is disinformation...

Get real dude ..

I never said anything in Islam says it's acceptable. But I have read it in numerous articles over the years and a simple google search brings up plenty of results for Muslim men turning a blind eye to premarital sex with other men.

As far as I understand it pre-marital sex is strictly forbidden for both men and women, but when men do it, no one talks about it. When women do it they stone them to death.

Interview with a gay Muslim:
www.well.com...

Very first Q&A:

Q: Maybe we could start with your thoughts on being a gay Muslim. Is it a contradiction to you?

A: I have never felt any guilt about having sex with men, or loving men - it has always been perfectly normal and natural for me. The word ``gay'', however, is inherently political, since it is about organising and grouping people based on their sexual orientation. It is demographically correct that I am a gay Muslim, but I don't feel compelled to describe myself that way. It is quite common for men in the Muslim world to have sex with each other, but it is generally before marriage, or in addition to marriage, but not as a substitute.

Here's a paper on the subject:
anthroserbia.org...

And numerous references:
www.nytimes.com...

www.ipsnews.net...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

americanbedu.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.theatlantic.com...

Check out one of the comments on this article:
www.evanmarckatz.com...

Angie: This is a random fact, but my (American) friend lives in Saudi Arabia right now and she said that straight men frequently have sex with eachother since they aren’t allowed to have sex with women, and it’s considered normal pre-marital behavior. She says that the rate of Saudi men who participate in this is close to 95%, and she’s been living there for two years now. While I don’t have firsthand knowledge, she is a person who I believe wouldn’t make this up. I guess it makes sense that people find loopholes in their religion?

Information, dude.
edit on 2-7-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Sorry , I don't believe you , I am Muslim and such an act would be against Islam and the Quran thus being a direct act of disbelief.
That is why the price is a heavy penaltie ..

In all my years of being Muslim I have NEVER heard of such thing.
And the majority of Afghan are Sufi , I have been in heavy debates with Sufi as well as listen to a few . I am sure this would have been brought up.

Just saying

They are Pashtun Afghanis, and it's a well-known thing apparently.
answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

To be fair I don't remember any accounts of Christianity implying that's its ok to bum the infidels.

Murder, rape and torture, now they are concepts that any crusade from the first to the last has openly embraced, and all in the name of God however misguided that fact may be but bumming your opponent's is just not cricket!

Shame on them and to anyone else who rapes in the name of victory!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Islam is full of hypocrisies.The cornerstone of a religion, at least with Christianity anyway,is instilling a belief system that teaches right from wrong.The morality it teaches is to treat both friend and foe the same,turn the other cheek,forgive them for they know not what they do,etc.etc.With Islam the act of committing any number of sick and twisted crimes against humanity is deemed okay as long as they`re committed against non believers.So if god is the almighty and he is pure with all things good and right,and Satan is evil,then there is 2 choices-good or bad.Do you think the almighty has to resort to the tactics of the great deceiver?No, he is so far above satan that rather than trick, bribe, or tempt you into following him like the devil,he requires you to give up your vices,ask forgiveness and lead a righteous life.If you do these things then you`ll be rewarded with eternal life in heaven.With the devil you get instant gratification and with god you give of yourself in order to prove you're worthy.
In Islam there`s just too much devil in the details.Suicidal jihad in which you kill yourself and as many others as possible is rewarded with heaven and 90 virgins to satisfy your lust of the flesh.This is obviously not the work of god but of the devil promising to satisfy your earthly cravings.And to kill your family out of a perceived act of disrespect committed by them and have the murder sanctioned by your local Oman is simply barbaric and petty certainly nothing a true god would lower himself to.
Yes I have heard of many Christians who have done barbaric things in the name of god, but that was there declaration and not gods.If the word of god is followed it`s a pure doctrine of right vs wrong,unlike the Koran which rewards bad behavior in many instances.And yes the bible declares homosexuality a sin it goes against all of natures laws,but Christians are told to prey for them and love them as your fellow man,not to murder them as Islam does.God is the final judge and he`ll pass his judgement when the time comes.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

How about the hypocrisy of homophobia, in that they cover up the women from head to toe, and then are upset when a gay man is not attracted to the females they cant even see.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Firsly god forbid the act in the bible and Quran .

No .. HUMANS forbid the act in the Old Testament and the Qu'ran and then claimed it was what God wanted.

Because it stops the natural prosess of the creation of life.

1 - The planet is overpopulated. I'm sure the population would be just fine with less children being procreated. 5% of the population is homosexual/bisexual. if they chose not to have kids, the human population numbers won't suffer.

2 - Homosexuals can still have children if they wish. They can also adopt children.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So if many muslims are homosexual, then why can't they and the Israelis make buddies? -Because Tel Aviv is named by the NY Times as the top homosexual city. NY is ranked right there beside Tel Aviv. hmmm
www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 2-7-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Homosexuality, the solution to peace in the middle east?

As much of a chance as any other i suppose, if only it were that simple!

edit on 2-7-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join