It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX,Bowe Bergdahl,Megyn v. Cheney,MSNBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"Does watching MSNBC make you ignorant and bigoted?"
"Does watching FOX make you ignorant and bigoted?"
Simple Answer: No

Bill O'reilly: (speaking of Bowe Bergdahl's father) He looks like a muslim
Could have easily said he looks like a guy from Duck Dynasty or Mountain Men, but went for the racism. If you don't think that's even a little bit racist, then you're probably white and haven't spent too much time around non-white people.

Sean Hannity purposefully mispronouncing Berdahl's name to make it sound arabic. SO stupid.
Steve Doocy reporting that Bowe Bergdahl MAY have helped the ennemy. Like saying he "may have done it" will soften the fact that you just speculated that an enlisted american soldier comitted treason against the United States. People hear words like: traitor, scum, deserter completly surrounded by speculation. And all this is before the Army releases more information about his capture.

He is a soldier of the US army, if he is guilty of any wrongdoing the US army will deal with it with a courtmartial. Until such a time, speculation of whether or not he's a secret terrorist like in the TV Show Homeland is beyond absurd. Conservatives are suppose to be the party that supports military personel and their families. Instead they lampooned a POW and his family. Whether he's a deserter and a traitor or not, is not for FOX news to decide.
Bowe Bergdahl's father saying "bismillah al-rahman al-rahim" was not as FOX news said a muslim conquer call. It means "in the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate". Which seems appropriate.

I chose a recent story as an example, but to tell you the truth. The manner in which these pundits have treated a 5 year prisoner of war(also some not on FOX news) is disgusting. Telling the world a US soldier is a traitor without all the facts is the act of monsters. Period.

Ann Coulter: There is more cholera in American than racism
That's not racist. Just unbelievably ignorant. She also posted a picture of herself on twitter holding up a sign to make fun of the First Lady's "Bring Back Our Girls" picture. Don't remember what her sign said, but it was most definitely in bad taste.

Megyn Kelly: Santa is white kids
That was just stupid, not racist lol. Cutting her some slack cause she's the only person on FOX news to call out Dick Cheney in his massively hypocritical comment about the President.

Does watching FOX news make you ignorant and Bigoted? of course not. It's the #1 24-hour news program in the US and I don't see all their viewers taking everything they say in stride. People like Bill O'reilly speak from the heart, which leaves him saying things that make perfect sense and things that make you think he's from a different era. People like Sheppard Smith on the other hand talk too much sense, so they put him on a show with giant Ipads to distract you from the words coming out of his mouth.

And then there's Megyn Kelly coming out of f-ing no where and making one of the US's most powerful conservatives look rather silly. When she uses Cheney's own line about President Obama and turns it around on him:
"In your op-ed you wrote: Rarely has a U.S. President been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many. But time and time again history has proven you got it wrong as well in Iraq sir. You said: there was no doubt Sadam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, you said: we would be greeted as liberators, you said: the Iraq insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005 and you said that after our intervention extremists would have to quote: rethink their strategy of jihad. Now with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with 4500 american lives lost there, what do you say to those who say: You were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"

FOX news is a right-leaning news organisation that has created an incredibly popular platform. Which includes what people love, graphics and shouting matches. MSNBC is a left-leaning news organisation that has recently realised it's going to have to follow FOX news' platform if it wants to stay competitive. Which is why CNN is no longer their slogan: The most trusted name in news.

Pundits are what make FOX and MSNBC popular. People with specific opinions about something in the news and expressing those opinions with someone who agrees or disagress with them. Depending on the subject and it's political ramification. MSNBC has Chris Matthews spitting on the lense while he screams leftist stuff at his audience. FOX has Sean Hannity doing the same for the right.

Ignorance and Bigotry are caused by the environment individuals are raised in. Not by network news. Sure there are some ignorant and bigotted pundits in the 24-hour news cycles, but there are only a few to appease the ignorant and bigotted people watching. And they keep running with it until racist old tax-evading Cliven Bundy blows up in their face.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
"Does watching MSNBC make you ignorant and bigoted?"
"Does watching FOX make you ignorant and bigoted?"
Simple Answer: No

Bill O'reilly: (speaking of Bowe Bergdahl's father) He looks like a muslim
Could have easily said he looks like a guy from Duck Dynasty or Mountain Men, but went for the racism. If you don't think that's even a little bit racist, then you're probably white and haven't spent too much time around non-white people.

Sean Hannity purposefully mispronouncing Berdahl's name to make it sound arabic. SO stupid.
Steve Doocy reporting that Bowe Bergdahl MAY have helped the ennemy. Like saying he "may have done it" will soften the fact that you just speculated that an enlisted american soldier comitted treason against the United States. People hear words like: traitor, scum, deserter completly surrounded by speculation. And all this is before the Army releases more information about his capture.

He is a soldier of the US army, if he is guilty of any wrongdoing the US army will deal with it with a courtmartial. Until such a time, speculation of whether or not he's a secret terrorist like in the TV Show Homeland is beyond absurd. Conservatives are suppose to be the party that supports military personel and their families. Instead they lampooned a POW and his family. Whether he's a deserter and a traitor or not, is not for FOX news to decide.
Bowe Bergdahl's father saying "bismillah al-rahman al-rahim" was not as FOX news said a muslim conquer call. It means "in the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate". Which seems appropriate.

I chose a recent story as an example, but to tell you the truth. The manner in which these pundits have treated a 5 year prisoner of war(also some not on FOX news) is disgusting. Telling the world a US soldier is a traitor without all the facts is the act of monsters. Period.

Ann Coulter: There is more cholera in American than racism
That's not racist. Just unbelievably ignorant. She also posted a picture of herself on twitter holding up a sign to make fun of the First Lady's "Bring Back Our Girls" picture. Don't remember what her sign said, but it was most definitely in bad taste.

Megyn Kelly: Santa is white kids
That was just stupid, not racist lol. Cutting her some slack cause she's the only person on FOX news to call out Dick Cheney in his massively hypocritical comment about the President.

Does watching FOX news make you ignorant and Bigoted? of course not. It's the #1 24-hour news program in the US and I don't see all their viewers taking everything they say in stride. People like Bill O'reilly speak from the heart, which leaves him saying things that make perfect sense and things that make you think he's from a different era. People like Sheppard Smith on the other hand talk too much sense, so they put him on a show with giant Ipads to distract you from the words coming out of his mouth.

And then there's Megyn Kelly coming out of f-ing no where and making one of the US's most powerful conservatives look rather silly. When she uses Cheney's own line about President Obama and turns it around on him:
"In your op-ed you wrote: Rarely has a U.S. President been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many. But time and time again history has proven you got it wrong as well in Iraq sir. You said: there was no doubt Sadam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, you said: we would be greeted as liberators, you said: the Iraq insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005 and you said that after our intervention extremists would have to quote: rethink their strategy of jihad. Now with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with 4500 american lives lost there, what do you say to those who say: You were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"

FOX news is a right-leaning news organisation that has created an incredibly popular platform. Which includes what people love, graphics and shouting matches. MSNBC is a left-leaning news organisation that has recently realised it's going to have to follow FOX news' platform if it wants to stay competitive. Which is why CNN is no longer their slogan: The most trusted name in news.

Pundits are what make FOX and MSNBC popular. People with specific opinions about something in the news and expressing those opinions with someone who agrees or disagress with them. Depending on the subject and it's political ramification. MSNBC has Chris Matthews spitting on the lense while he screams leftist stuff at his audience. FOX has Sean Hannity doing the same for the right.

Ignorance and Bigotry are caused by the environment individuals are raised in. Not by network news. Sure there are some ignorant and bigotted pundits in the 24-hour news cycles, but there are only a few to appease the ignorant and bigotted people watching. And they keep running with it until racist old tax-evading Cliven Bundy blows up in their face.

I think bigotry isn't only taught. Were born more comfortable around babies of the same race.

But that's where civilization comes in. We drop the instinctual things we do that are worse for society. Like clubbing mates and dragging them to caves.

It's our tribal nature that fox plays to not racism. Us being tribal is the disease racism is the symptom.

Feel me?

So IMHO we are born kinda racist. It's our job as parents to show our children a better way.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We should definitely have more of these threads hacking the mainstream media to pieces.

I didn't have any idea they were biased until the 3rd or 4th one.

Please keep them coming!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

I was actually pretty surprised when megyn called Cheney out like that.
Especially since every other host that had him on were just stroking his ego for an hour.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Personally, I don’t think there’s much in the MSM that isn’t slanted/skewed/spun/biased. They all play to a targeted audience they think will bring in the most bucks. They aren’t in the business of informing the public, they’re in the business of making money. They know quite well that their audience (us) probably don’t watch their program to become informed or learn the truth about what’s going on in the world. We watch it to reinforce our already slanted/skewed/spun/biased/preconceived image of the world. Unfortunately, in most cases our image of the world has nothing to do with reality and the truth. As Jack Nicholson so diplomatically put it, “You can’t handle the truth!” So, we get what we pay for.

I do think there is a danger in allowing any individual, or small group, too much control over the media. Humans are very easily manipulated, and so anyone with an agenda and a monopoly on the media could do a lot of damage. If you repeat an outrageous lie over and over again, people will eventually come to believe it; no matter how insane or incredible it may be. Politicians build careers around this brainwashing method.

There are only 1 or 2 news commentators I like at all. It’s funny, the good ones who actually attempt to interject a bit of truth and good sense, and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, the establishment and corrupt institutions, rarely last for long. a) It’s not good for MSM business, because b) Most folks prefer to listen to foaming at the mouth lunatics - it’s more entertaining and dearer to their heart.

As far as the question posed by the OP: "Does watching MSM make you ignorant and bigoted?" and the “Simple Answer: No”, I guess I disagree to a certain extent, GokuVsSuperman0. I agree with you that, “Ignorance and Bigotry are caused by the environment individuals are raised in.”, but I think that MSM constitutes a part of that environment (and for some, a considerable part). An individual may be raised in an ignorant and bigoted environment, and that may become their primary influence, but I also think MSM can play a role in validating and reinforcing the ignorance and bigotry they’ve already learned and assimilated into their life. In other words, it don’t help...

Anyway, that’s my ignorant and bigoted 2 cents. Good post, GokuVsSuperman0...

edit on 7/1/2014 by netbound because: (no reason given)

new topics

join