It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel suddenly interested in helping defend Jordan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Netanyahu: Israel needs to keep Jordan border to fight Islamist threat

Charging that Israel could not trust other security forces - such as that of Jordan or the Palestinians - to stop the Islamist threat, Netanyahu stressed that in any future agreement with the Palestinians, "Israel will have to remain along the Jordan river for a very long period of time."

Following reports over the weekend that Israel might be called to help Jordan in the war against ISIS, that is now threatening the Hashemite Kingdom, Netanyahu has called for "support in the international efforts to strengthen Jordan."

"Our first challenge is to protect our borders. Extremist Islamic forces are knocking on our doors in the north and south and we've set up obstacles against them, except for in one sector," Netanyahu said, referring to the border with Jordan.

Anybody else thinks the conflicts going to expand to involve Israel?

I know Isis made some threats against Jordan.... and Israel needs Jordan secure to keep itself secure.

It looks like Israel is already anticipating a conflict with the ruthless ISIS... Interesting times.

edit : I made a prediction sometime ago on (June 20th 2014 )that Israel would directly get involved with the ISIS crisis .
Thread : Predictions : Middle East, Israel and USA

edit on 1-7-2014 by reploid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
IMHO - Of all the countries over there, Israel and Jordan get along the best. They have a water agreement. Israel ships desalinated water to Jordan. And the king of Jordan is moderate. A few years back he went on a TV campaign with the slogan being 'Jordan First'. He didn't want the people in Jordan to get all worked up and radical with all the wars and Muslim alliances coming and going.

It's not perfect of course ... but they seem to have a maturity between them that is lacking with other relationships in the area.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Meh .. israel only interested in saving its arse ..

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yep, israeli terrorists only worry about their slice of pie.
I'm hoping ISIS will be able to free Palestinians from their open air prison.
Maybe this is what is needed to give a beaten people a voice.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Yep, israeli terrorists only worry about their slice of pie.
I'm hoping ISIS will be able to free Palestinians from their open air prison.
Maybe this is what is needed to give a beaten people a voice.

I for one will never support the likes of ISIS.... But for the sake of a free Palestine and since Israel loves war and destruction, why not ?
I bet you the coward Israeli soldiers wouldn't stand a chance, since their specialty is killing women and children.

edit on 1-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Meh .. israel only interested in saving its arse ..

Yet it's funny how they only attack those who attack them and are happy to leave alone countries that are not threatening them.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Yes, and do you honestly believe that ISIS is any different? They openly say they will expand their operations, which means more killing. They openly declared war to those who are not muslims.

And then I come to ATS and read something like this. I see that the western propaganda finally is showing its effects. You guys are just blinded by hatred towards Israel, that it is ridiculous.
edit on 2-7-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: samsamm9

Yes, and do you honestly believe that ISIS is any different? They openly say they will expand their operations, which means more killing. They openly declared war to those who are not muslims.

And then I come to ATS and read something like this. I see that the western propaganda finally is showing its effects. You guys are just blinded by hatred towards Israel, that it is ridiculous.

I don't hate Israel or any other nations.
ISIS and Israel are both devilish entities.

The point of my post was that Palestine deserved freedom and autonomy from the brutal Zionist regime.

Free Palestine !

join