It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unexplained Event That Happened To Me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have had a lot of strange things happen to me in my lifetime. I have experienced ghosts, UFOs, a possible Bigfoot encounter and many others. However, recently an event happened to me that I cannot explain and even now gives me chills just thinking about. I wanted to share my experience with others and maybe see if anyone else has had this happen to them because as far as I know I haven't heard of anything like this before.

It happened at work last week. I work at a retail store, not going to mention the name of it for now. I was in the back warehouse moving a cart from my side of the store to the other side when I ran into another employee named Ronnie. He was grabbing a ladder and headed in the opposite direction I was going. I reached the other side of the store in no more than two minutes and it was on the other side that I ran into Ronnie again, which I found very odd. There was no way he could have made it to the other side of the store before me, even if he had gone out into the store proper. This bothered me all day for some reason. I came home and told my husband and jokingly said that it was a "glitch in the matrix". But it didn't stop there.

I noticed the next few days I hadn't seen Ronnie anywhere. I wanted to ask him how he had gotten to the other side of the store before I did, just to see if there was a logical explanation for it, but he never showed up for work. It wasn't two days ago that I found out that the day I experienced this event that right after work Ronnie and his wife were heading to a nearby city and got into a bad car wreck. Ronnie died in the car wreck but his wife survived. When I heard this I was in shock. I didn't know Ronnie well enough, but I was saddened by his passing but I was more shocked about what I had experienced just hours before his death.

Was it a doppleganger? I wasn't sure. I have heard of people seeing their dopplegangers before their own death but I haven't really heard of others seeing someone else's doppleganger. I have never experienced something like this, something so weird and it has been bothering me ever since and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone out there and maybe see if anyone else has had a similar incident or can possibly give me some kind of explanation.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I cannot say that I have experienced something similar, but I would say that is a genuine experience to have that only a few people may come across. You should maybe inquire some more if he had a twin? Just a thought. However, your story is synaptic to some of the the things I have seen or heard about.a reply to: Xandyr101

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A spirit or residual energy caught in a time ripple?
Ripples can go backwards and forwards in time.
They 'ripple out' from the event ... like a rock falling in a pond makes waves outward.
The event ... the car crash. The ripples .. things the fella did in the hours before.
Wow ... this is an interesting story. I'll have to think about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

A spirit or residual energy caught in a time ripple?

The 'living' create such ripples as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
very interesting. i don't know if you can ever really solve something like this. but, i would agree that his death later that day must of had some effect on what you had experienced. i have heard of people seeing loved ones in say, california, when in reality they just passed way in new york city. but, this is not like that at all. we're still very much in the dark with a lot of things.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xandyr101

Honor the experience for what it is, something unexplainable within the normal context of what we are taught to believe. Now you know that narrative is false.

Actually, according to you qualifying yourself--which I do not doubt--to be an experiencer of unusual phenomena, you are gifted to such glimpses beyond (can I use the word?) the matrix. 'Careful, it can be a dangerous place to find yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Interesting, especially if you can confirm that Ronnie was dead/not at the store at that time.

I would have thought that if there are Ghosts, a BIG if in my book, that they would only "haunt" areas of emotional significance to them, ie the place they died, home ect.

Workplace doesn't strike me as one of those places however.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

the weird thing happened early during work,poster was troubled all day by it, co-worker didn't die until later that day after work...but are 2 two events connected,that is what the poster is wondering.

edit on 1-7-2014 by research100 because: added sentence changed a sentence

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Very interesting - thanks for sharing!

Just to be clear... are you certain he was at work when you thought you saw him (twice)? Do you know what time of day the accident happened and do you recall what time it was that you spotted him at work?

ETA...

In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's relative or friend portends illness or danger while seeing one's own doppelgänger is said to be an omen of death.

From wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

So you might have seen his doppleganger before his was in danger, if the above traditional thinking is correct.
edit on 1-7-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That is a strange story. A logical explaination might be that he was in a hurry to get his projects at work done so that he could leave a bit early- or leave from work without the stress of loose projects. He could have been doing the ol' speed walk, slowing down around others, but hurrying in private. Don't run in the hallway!
Then, unfortunately, he continued to hurry even after work where he made hasty driving choices, and ultimately died. That came to mind as a logical explaination after reading your post.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I can only speculate that what you experienced was a kind of "assimilation", reality was doing an adjustment and you were witnessing a ghost in the most literal sense of the word.

Now, can you perhaps remember any specific feelings or oddities you received from your final encounter with Ronnie? Did he behave strangely, perhaps overly personal or the opposite (detached)?

This might allow us to keep theorizing on what happened.

I go to ATS because of stories like this, thank you for sharing!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: pavil

the weird thing happened early during work,poster was troubled all day by it, co-worker didn't die until later that day after work...but are 2 two events connected,that is what the poster is wondering.

I think it's possible.

In some accounts I've read regarding impossible meetings between people through history (although more so late 19th century), there were accounts of people being awakened to a friend or relative by their bed relaying a message only to discover that the person had died at around the same time far away.

At least one of those accounts described such an encounter with, I think a relative, appearing in some guy's bedroom. The apparition had some message, and touched the subject's arm, which left a "dead" feeling in that spot. The next day the guy contacted his relative and the relative was recovering from a severe illness, but was otherwise still alive and knew nothing about the incident.

In terms of working, well let's face it, jobs involving retail are mundane and usually the employees are half asleep anyway. I think it's possible for a similar experience to occur. I used to work in a mall when I was younger, as part of mall staff. I'd see hundreds of new faces everyday and take for granted running into everyone I already knew. You could be making eye contact with a ghost and wouldn't even realize it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I didn't notice anything strange about him when I first saw him. He was always very quiet and I didn't interact with him too much. I do know for a fact that he was working that day before he died that night. As far as I know he didn't have a twin, but that did come to mind when I saw him across the store, but I doubt that would be it to be honest.

Ronnie was an older gentleman, maybe early 60s. I have theorized that maybe he did power walk, but I honestly don't see how he could have beaten me. The back warehouse is a straight shot, through the store he would have obstacles and with how busy we can be it would have been faster for him to not go through the store.

Like I said I am at a complete loss with this one. Out of all my experiences this one is troubling, even now.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Did you see him doing the same activity after you passed him the first time like an instant replay? Or was it two entirely different activities?

ETA: Did you see him with the ladder after that first encounter at any time during that shift?
edit on 1-7-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last question

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow, you seem to lead an exciting life.

Why is it do you think you have so many strange experiences?
( "have experienced ghosts, UFOs, a possible Bigfoot encounter and many others & now this")

Are you super tuned to the paranormal or maybe just have an over active imagination?

I have know people who have completely normal things happen to them but they always seem to spin it into something it's not.

My ex-wife was a self proclaimed witch when she was younger and had all her brothers afraid of her. She once put a curse on her oldest brother that something bad would happen to him.....

3 weeks later in his basement bedroom the ceiling fan fell from the ceiling and hit his head, he claimed it was the curse. (yeah, they were all crazy)

It wasn't the fact that the fan was installed by same said retarded people and it was hanging by ( 1 ) ONE nail AND that I warned him a dozen times it was about to fall.......nooooooo, it was the curse.

Just saying.....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Ive experienced the same thing, i thought it was me seeing or going through a time/dimension anomaly

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That was a ghost, basically he was probably saying goodbye to those he knew, and moving on. I just finished reading an account yesterday of a woman who had had a bit a troubled relationship with her brother. One night, he came in the house and stood in her bedroom and she was upset that he even entered so casually like this. They had a detailed conversation about childhood, fishing and he asked for forgiveness and also told her that hopefully they won't get together too soon, kind of thing, as she had kids, but made plans for a fishing trip in the future. Then he left and her husband told her he didn't see anyone, that he assumed she was half asleep and having some kind of dream, but the light was turned off. Next morning she found out her brother had died. It was a really moving account, sounds a little like the one in the OP.

This isn't residual, this is the person saying goodbye.

In my own family, cousins both very sad after their mothers death and funeral, one upstairs and the other downstairs. She visited one and told him it was alright, she was alright! And he went running up the stairs to tell his brother who came running down the stairs with the same message.
edit on 2-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Did you see him doing the same activity after you passed him the first time like an instant replay? Or was it two entirely different activities?

AKA: What kind of cat? Was it the same cat?

But seriously OP, this is an intense experience. It's sort of funny how the simplest situations, whether it's walking from one end of a building to another, or just sitting on your porch looking at your street (how my most stupefying situation began) can unravel itself to reveal the most hauntingly unexplainable event. S&F and I'll be mulling this one over too.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Honestly, I don't know why I have so many weird experiences.

My mother has experiences like this as well, many of them involving ghosts. Sometimes I wish I could figure out why I have many experiences, but I know I am not the only one out there. My Mother-in-Law for instance has a lot of weird stuff happen to her as well. These things don't happen all the time to me, but when they do I will always make sure to share my experiences and hope others come forward and share theirs as well.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xandyr101
a reply to: mwood

Honestly, I don't know why I have so many weird experiences.

You sound a lot like me.
I've seen ghosts, UFOs, had things materialize from thin air right in front of my eyes, time warps, weird creatures running around my childhood home, disappearing/reappearing items, and just about every type of "weirdness" one could imagine since I was very, very young; and they haven't let up as I'm now well into my fifties.

I've had a paranormal thread going for 2.5 years where many, many members have shared their stories.
One member, Ctophil, came on the thread one day and answered the question for me that you just asked.
Here's his post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know this thread is pretty old. But I wanted to comment on your "paranormal" experiences. Do you ever ask yourself why you see these things so often when most folks never seen it and think you're crazy? What makes you different?

It all boils down to two things:

1. Your previous spiritual training in your past lives.
2. Your third eye is already open but you don't know how to control it.

Both of these things go hand and hand. Because of your spiritual training in the past, your third eye is already open and you see all kinds of stuff from the Astral Plane. Your mind is already open to these things, you just forgotten a lot of it. Despite your brain's amnesia, your soul does record all things you did in the past over your previous lives. Because your mind is open to the entities of the Emotional Plane (or Astral), you can see them without thinking much about it. When you don't control your six sense, it goes haywire, seeing stuff that is way beyond your imagination. Because reality in the higher planes is the real stuff. The things you see here in the Physical Earth is unreality or an illusion. The beings in the Astral are also more attracted to spiritual people.

How do I know these things? Because I speak through experience. For example, I have seen beings from the Astral that shape-shift--they look beautiful one moment, the next they look like a hideous monster from hell. They hide their true self really well. As mentioned in other threads, the Emotional Plane is very close to the Physical. So we see them with ease, if you have some semblance of spirituality. However, as you continue your spiritual training and raise your mind to higher and higher levels, you will start seeing beings from the Mental Plane, which is right next to the Emotional Plane. Next to the Mental, is the Identity Plane. Beings from these higher planes have more of the Light of God, and therefore look more pleasant and not out to get you. Lower beings are usually hellbent on killing and dragging you to where they are. So you see why so many people see more demonic beings than benevolent?

What I'm getting here is that humankind should get more spiritual by training their minds and consciousness to hold pleasant thoughts, stay away from anger, or any idea of negativity. Because these things will unbalance your Emotional and Mental states. It is SO IMPORTANT that people do this. That is why we are here...to train ourselves. You MUST balance your mind, and everything will be changed for the better.

With that, I have personally evolved from seeing and meeting really ugly demonic creatures from hell and outer space to Angels and Masters whom have taught me so many things! I have worked all the way to meeting and merging with my Higher Self as well! Who is this Higher Self? It is YOU, the perfect YOU in the future who is currently in the Spiritual Realm or Heaven (right above the Identity Plane mentioned earlier), trying to teach you about ascending yourself. It is also called God or Father in many religions. Everybody has a Higher Self. Get to work, meet your Father in Heaven today.

I've had people discuss seeing doppelgangers in my thread too. I'm not sure what the explanation is for what you witnessed; Another one of those things I have yet to find an answer to. But, as the member above posted, I have heard it is a warning of death if you see your own.
I hadn't heard that others seeing it meant upcoming dangers, but that seems to fit, being as your co-worker was killed later. After learning this, I theorize that maybe you saw it because you are "sensitive" to the "spiritual" world, and you were "allowed" to see it to offer a warning to him to stay home, or be extra careful. Too bad you didn't know the meaning in time.
I think some things are only shared with those of us who can see and understand. Now you know... and so do I.

One man posting in my thread saw his wife upstairs, but when he left her up there and went into the kitchen, she was in there. He said it freaked him out because there was no way she could have passed him!
I'm not sure where to find his post, being the thread is over 250 pages!

If you ever want to skim through the thread, it may help you realize there are many, many others who experiences the same type of things we do. We're not alone, and we're NOT crazy!
Here's the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join