It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read this list and tell me what you think? Is this Freedom? Is it Life? what we are on Earth for?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm 31, with a wife, and a child due soon. We are finding that with what we both make, with NO credit cards, low car payments, low mortgage, and a student loan for her, we barely break even. We've been married 5 years, and we've never had a honeymoon. We've only travelled out of state once. We survive, we're thrifty, we have a strict cash budget, and we're not materialistic. Still, we have no hope, aspirations, or anything to look forward to. The few things we may want, we pass on since we can't justify the expenditure. We're both grateful we have what we do, but that hope for the future and positive outlook? Nonexistent.
edit on 2-7-2014 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
>The inheritance tax.
> >
> >Accounts Receivable Tax
> >Airline surcharge tax
> >Airline Fuel Tax
> >Airport Maintenance Tax
> >Building Permit Tax
> >Cigarette Tax
> >Cooking Tax
> >Corporate Income TaxFishing License Tax
> >Food License Tax
> >Petrol Tax (too much per litre)
> >Gross Receipts Tax
> >Health Tax
> >Heating Tax
> >Inheritance Tax
> >Interest Tax
> >Lighting Tax
> >Liquor Tax
> >Luxury Taxes
> >Marriage License Tax
> >Medicare Tax
> >Mortgage Tax
> >Pension Tax
> >Personal Income Tax
> >Property Tax
> >Poverty Tax
> >Prescription Drug Tax
> >Real Estate Tax
> >Recreational Vehicle Tax
> >Retail Sales Tax
> >Service Charge Tax
> >School Tax
> >Telephone Tax
> >Value Added Tax
> >Vehicle License Registration Tax
> >Vehicle Sales Tax
> >Water Tax
> >Workers Compensation Tax
> >Tax (VAT) on Tax.
> >Goods and Services Tax (GST)
> >Death Tax
> >Driving Permit Tax
> >Environmental Tax (Fee)
> >Excise Taxes
> >Income Tax And Now they want a blooming Carbon Tax!

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? IT'S A WONDER ANYONE HAS ANYTHING LEFT FOR THEMSELVES AFTER PAYING ALL THIS TAX.

The Beatles

"Taxman"

(1,2,3,4

Hrmm!

1,2,3,4.)

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
in my town was a case of a thief climbed into the apartment in which there is nothing to take, he left a the money and note apology

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Money shouldn't exist.
THE END

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The one I hate the most is property tax.

You spend thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy property. Land and a house. After spending all that cash, you should own it outright.

But if you don't pay the annual property taxes, they can come in and take it all away.
How does that make any sense whatsoever?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yes, I think if they are going to tax you, they should only tax what you buy, not your wages or what you already own, bought and paid for, but you have to pay personal property, tax so really you own nothing.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

OP, I can understand your point of view. But the basic underlying problem that we as a species are facing is the fact that we have enslaved ourselves by creating a system where "money" even exists at all.

We have been so brainwashed to think that we actually need a monetary system to exist in the first place. You see, money is completely made up...it is imaginary, pieces of paper, and digital numbers that enslave us.

Humanity CAN exist without money, that is the great secret that "they" don't want you to know. We CAN create a system that allows every single human on the planet to have food/shelter and all the necessary elements to survive. We just have lived under the current system for so long now, and the propaganda is so prevalent, that almost every human on this planet has lost their ability to think outside of the current system we have all been forced to serve.

This world COULD be better.

Money is make-believe.

I am a great believer in a resource based economy, there would be no need for money at all, and everyone on this planet could have a future where anything is really possible and not a dream.
Why have a world that a very small percentage of the people have everything they could desire, while the rest struggle or starve just to try and survive. It is designed this way from our birth, so as not to question it, or see another way of living.

Crime could be almost wiped out in a resource based economy, there would be no need to steal for any reason as everything would be free. We all could drive a nice electric or water powered car, have a nice home with free electric and never have to worry about another huge bill dropping through the letter box. This may sound like fantasy to some but it is really very achieveable, we are programmed to think that money is the answer to our civilisation, when in fact it is a barrier to human progression.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think the more important issue is where those taxes are going towards. We all know it's not going to the right places.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
looks like bureaucrats and the masters they serve have colluded to ruin life and civilization. sheep are for shearing.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: redeyeblue

I am a great believer in a resource based economy, there would be no need for money at all, and everyone on this planet could have a future where anything is really possible and not a dream.
Why have a world that a very small percentage of the people have everything they could desire, while the rest struggle or starve just to try and survive. It is designed this way from our birth, so as not to question it, or see another way of living.
Crime could be almost wiped out in a resource based economy, there would be no need to steal for any reason as everything would be free. We all could drive a nice electric or water powered car, have a nice home with free electric and never have to worry about another huge bill dropping through the letter box. This may sound like fantasy to some but it is really very achieveable, we are programmed to think that money is the answer to our civilisation, when in fact it is a barrier to human progression.

I don't think such a system would ever work. Utopias will never exist because the humans themselves living in this perfect world will always end up tearing it apart.

Let's say this new resource economy exists. No money. Just resources. Resources that I assume are just given away to every person on Earth. So you get a free house. A free car. Free food. Free electricity. Free healthcare. Everything.

BUT, since you can not make money and everything is available for free, why would you work? Even if you went to work, you wouldn't get paid. No matter how hard you worked, there would be no advancement. Anything you made would be given away.

Let's say you are a farmer. You can no longer sell your crops and are expected to give away most of what you grow. So why would you grow more than you or your family could eat? What is the incentive?

Let's say you are a student just starting college. Since you can't earn money anymore, getting a degree to get a higher paying job is just a waste of time. Do you keep learning?

Your car breaks down. You are not a mechanic. Who is going to fix it for free? Why?

You want a bigger house. Can you get one? Who is going to build it for you? Since you can't own property, where are you going to put it if you can? Or do you just have to live in the house you were given until the day you die?

If nobody is working in a mine digging up ore, working in a power plant, working in the fields, working in a hospital, etc. then nothing happens.

Since nobody is working and everything is provided for them, the population grows complacent. Bored. Lazy. Fat. Angry. Crime actually doubles. Maybe not theft. But rape, murder, assault, vandalism, etc., most definitely. You think hate crimes will cease to exist? They won't. You think kids will stop spray painting buildings, slashing tires, breaking glass? They won't. You think men will stop raping women or picking fights with each other? They won't. Especially when they have much more free time and energy.

With no clear goals or reasons to get out of bed in the morning, a lot of people become shiftless. Lost. Confused. Eventually suicidal, leading to mass deaths.

Finally, a perfect world.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: allenidaho

originally posted by: redeyeblue

I don't think such a system would ever work. Utopias will never exist because the humans themselves living in this perfect world will always end up tearing it apart.

Let's say this new resource economy exists. No money. Just resources. Resources that I assume are just given away to every person on Earth. So you get a free house. A free car. Free food. Free electricity. Free healthcare. Everything.

BUT, since you can not make money and everything is available for free, why would you work? Even if you went to work, you wouldn't get paid. No matter how hard you worked, there would be no advancement. Anything you made would be given away.

Let's say you are a farmer. You can no longer sell your crops and are expected to give away most of what you grow. So why would you grow more than you or your family could eat? What is the incentive?

Let's say you are a student just starting college. Since you can't earn money anymore, getting a degree to get a higher paying job is just a waste of time. Do you keep learning?

Your car breaks down. You are not a mechanic. Who is going to fix it for free? Why?

You want a bigger house. Can you get one? Who is going to build it for you? Since you can't own property, where are you going to put it if you can? Or do you just have to live in the house you were given until the day you die?

If nobody is working in a mine digging up ore, working in a power plant, working in the fields, working in a hospital, etc. then nothing happens.

Since nobody is working and everything is provided for them, the population grows complacent. Bored. Lazy. Fat. Angry. Crime actually doubles. Maybe not theft. But rape, murder, assault, vandalism, etc., most definitely. You think hate crimes will cease to exist? They won't. You think kids will stop spray painting buildings, slashing tires, breaking glass? They won't. You think men will stop raping women or picking fights with each other? They won't. Especially when they have much more free time and energy.

With no clear goals or reasons to get out of bed in the morning, a lot of people become shiftless. Lost. Confused. Eventually suicidal, leading to mass deaths.

Finally, a perfect world.

Everyone would have to work in a resource based economy, we all can find something that we can, or even would like to do. Since there is no money it would not matter what job you had, the fact you are contributing to society is enough for you to benefit from it. Technology would play a huge part in this system, as we would be striving to make our society better through technology. Money or lack of it, prevents growth and research for most companies, so if we remove that barrier then those companies can become more productive.
Man will always strive to improve or invent new things, it is hot wired into us and with enough resources and the proper education system, then there is nothing we could not achieve. Look at thevenusproject.com it can answer many of your questions that I simply do not have time to. The incentive for you to produce or work at something is clear to see, you benefit more than you give in terms of work. Most people enjoy going to work it is a social exercise, maybe they would like to work at a different job, but that is fine since the employers are not striving to create profits for shareholders. Education and training work hand in hand with employers, there would be no shortfall of manpower either in any sector as there is Billions of people around the world unemployed.
There would be transitional problems ofcourse, yet nothing on the scale of human suffering we have today. We have many many great minds on this planet we know of, there are also many more we do not know of for various reasons, most do not realize their potential due to a lack of opportunities usually through financial constraints. Everyone would have the opportunity of the very best education, therefore multiplying the future scientists and in turn new technology, medecine and so on.
This is not a so called utopian society, it is very much achieveable if the desire for change reaches a tipping point. There is nothing that man cannot achieve on this planet, but first we must break the chains we have had since birth and formulate a better society for ALL not the 1%.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You are delusional. Nobody is ever going to work for free. There will always be jobs that nobody wants to do and that machines can not. And at some point, even if you did work, you will want to retire. To stop working either because you want to or can't physically continue. And when that point comes in this society of yours, you will have nothing to show for it. That is even if you are allowed to retire in the first place. Your life would be meaningless. Just another cog in a pointless machine.

And eventually, those resources you have based your economy on will run dry. As the population continues to grow and the humans continue to consume everything around them and build more robots to do their jobs, society will slowly shut down. Oil will run out. Forests will be depleted. Mines will run dry. Fresh water will be used up.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: allenidaho

First off I am not delusional. You clearly don't grasp the concept at all, everybody who is working now, doing those same jobs now would not change. Those jobs you claim nobody would want to do are being done today, nothing would change apart from you not being paid to do so. If you want to change job, then you could providing you recieve the proper training for that job and a replacement is got for your existing position, nothing would change that much.

You go on about retiring and those not capable of working, what would change in that respect is nothing. There would be a retirement age like today, there would be welfare as in as much that if you are disabled, you would not have to work unless you wanted to do something you liked or are capable of doing. Only difference would be the medication and care you would recieve would be much better and FREE, medical drugs would not be made for profit, therfore scientists would be free to produce drugs that normaly would not be made for certain conditions.

How can you possibly say that you would have nothing to show for retiring? Everything you want or need is free what else could you possible want?

The worlds resources are being eaten up now as we speak, problem is we are not doing enough to find suitable replacements, or ideas and inventions are being supressed for purposes of control and greed. If we removed the need for profit then a lot more of these would be released, there would also be more resources and manpower put towards finding new technology to not only produce energy but to have clean evironmentaly friendly technology.

Far from society shutting down it would thrive, there would be better education, training, science, care, medication, technology and all for free. You would remove the daily pressure of a monetary system, people would be healthier, happier and would want to work to better the society they live in.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: redeyeblue

Again, delusional. Nobody will work for nothing. You toil all day and all night so others can live this free life. You get the exact same as everybody else, no matter how much harder you work. Nor how much less you work.

And again, if you are already getting everything for free, there are a lot of people who just wouldn't work. If they refuse, what are you going to do? Throw them in jail so they can continue to not work?

Now let's talk about jobs. You say you would be doing the same thing you are now, but what about future generations? As the population continues to increase, there is no way there would be enough jobs for everyone. Definitely not enough jobs for people to pick and choose what career they want. Especially when you create a million machines to replace the human workforce.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the post.

It's too late for any other system I think unless the one we have now falls and the only way I see that happening is a Global protest for about a week of non-work where everyone just stops working, the test would be to see if the system begins to crack (which IMO it would). Could you imagine the looks of those in power if there was a week long protest?

All people would need to do is stock up on food for a week and petrol if they needed it and then sit back and watch...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It's basically renting your own property from the CorpGov.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: allenidaho

Again, delusional. Nobody will work for nothing. You toil all day and all night so others can live this free life. You get the exact same as everybody else, no matter how much harder you work. Nor how much less you work.

And again, if you are already getting everything for free, there are a lot of people who just wouldn't work. If they refuse, what are you going to do? Throw them in jail so they can continue to not work?

Now let's talk about jobs. You say you would be doing the same thing you are now, but what about future generations? As the population continues to increase, there is no way there would be enough jobs for everyone. Definitely not enough jobs for people to pick and choose what career they want. Especially when you create a million machines to replace the human workforce.

You can call me all the names you want, it just say's more about you and your ignorance.
What part of FREE do you not understand? Why would you want or need anything more than free goods? YES you get the SAME as everyone else and it is all FREE, I repeat FREE. Can you afford anything you want now today? If not then why not?
If you work hard then great, but why on Earth would you want more free stuff than anyone else if everything is free anyway? Your nit picking and not seeing the bigger picture, as technology, science, education and training grow then so will other industries to create employment. There would be millions of jobs created just to change our building and car industries to a more green friendly approach, there would be new cities being built to house people, more roads, more rail links the possibilities are endless.People who are capable of work and who simply don't want to work at something, they would have to be penalised in some form just as they are today.
The fact is that EVERYONE would want to work at something if they have free food, free power, cars, homes, holidays and just about everything they can think of. There would also be a huge increase on new inventions for the home and leisure markets, employment would increase dramaticaly in most sectors apart from the financial sector which would be non existant. Crime would be reduced dramaticaly also as you are taking out the need for most crimes which is monetary gain, or pressures related to the monetary system such as stress and other side issues. The benefits far outweigh any negatives, the negatives are simply administrative symantics that would be easily resolved by our elected representatives.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Thanks for the post.

It's too late for any other system I think unless the one we have now falls and the only way I see that happening is a Global protest for about a week of non-work where everyone just stops working, the test would be to see if the system begins to crack (which IMO it would). Could you imagine the looks of those in power if there was a week long protest?

All people would need to do is stock up on food for a week and petrol if they needed it and then sit back and watch...

I agree this system is so embeded in peoples thought process, it would be very difficult to change unless some dramatic event occured to push us in another direction. I don't even think a world one week strike would do anything, as the financial corporations and big oil companies control everything and they do not want change.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

It's basically renting your own property from the CorpGov.

What is so bad about the government building you a nice new free home, against buying a new home with a loan from the bank that you pay back over decades with huge interest and with the possibility that it could be repossessed if you don't meet those payments.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The difference is that the house you buy is the one you had to earn. The one that belongs to you and not to the government.

I mean, you are basically asking to willingly live in the Soviet Union. When you let the government provide everything for you, and tell you want you should and should not have, that is what you get. Eventually, your utopian government will limit how much food you can have. What job you can have. Maybe even what religion you should have. And you strike me as the kind of person who would willingly give up all of your freedoms in exchange for free stuff.

You assume that the jobs will be there. That people will actually want to do them. But you can't own a business. And with the death of small business, everything becomes controlled by the government. And all of that innovation and creativity disappears right along with those privately owned businesses.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join