It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Testament Israelis Camp's Shape As They Followed Moses Was A "cross".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: zardust

And there is much truth in the story of exodus. It is dead literally but the spirit gives life.

Its' just like a childs bed time fairy tale story that has a moral lesson to it. The problem is that there are millions upon millions of people who take Exodus literally. And to base religious beliefs off a lie like that is dangerous.
it is no lie and your speculations are what is dangerous.

Can you cite even one source outside of the bible to support your position? How do you explain a complete,lack of reference to this event by Egypt who were notoriously fastidious record keepers and an event of this magnitude would definitely have been recorded.
I would not want to cite anything accept what i believe in. This is a forum that requires no science or historical record to discuss the topic at hand.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: deadeyedick

So in other words ... no proof but just a bunch of hand wringing and 'it's true because it says it's true' Okay. Listen .. the severe lack of proof of Exodus is proof that it didn't happen. That's the truth of the matter. And not buying the Old Testament doesn't mean that someone doesn't believe in God. The two do not go hand in hand ...

Beware of circular logic

All the proof i need is in the bible. There are historical forums where your lack of evidence theory would be proper and accepted. Why do you guys camp out in a religios forum spouting a lack of evidence when the participants here have accepted the word of GOD and wish to discuss such.
edit on 2-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
All the proof i need is in the bible. There are historical forums where your lack of evidence theory would be proper and accepted. Why do you guys camp out in a religios forum spouting a lack of evidence when the participants here have accepted the word of GOD and wish to discuss such.

Maybe because its an open, public forum for anyone to discuss the topics presented. You don't get to have a monopoly on the forum anymore than agnostics or atheists should monopolize the science forum or the ancient and lost civilizations forum. Why so bent out of shape at people engaging you in a dialogue about your beliefs and their desire to understand the roots of those beliefs? Someone who is supposed to b confident and comfortable in their belief system shouldn't be afraid of discussing it or backing up their claims instead of hiding behind excuses based on the type of forum you're posting in.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar It is in the t&c. I don't make the rules and it is called civility and respect.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

It's a dialogue. People ask questions. I wasn't being disrespectful nor was I lacking civility. Also, after reading through the T&C for this forum, there's nothing at all stating that you don't have to support your statements. I didn't dispute the distance of god or anything else covered under the 'religion 101' premise, I asked a pertinent question regarding discrepancies between your claim and Egyptian records. If you really feel I'm violating the T&C please alert a mod and I'll be happy to leave you alone in here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join