It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Testament Israelis Camp's Shape As They Followed Moses Was A "cross".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: trader21

Except theres no evidence of the biblical exodus...

You are kidding right?

Why would I kid about that...

Theres literally nothing aside from the bible.... IF the Israelites were ever "enslaved" in Egypt... There would be some evidence but theres nothing aside from MAYBE a single inscription in hieroglyphics which was found recently... but that only shows the group existed... nothing more

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon I'm sorry i bothered you lol i forgot you do not accept much of the bible. I will say that it is one thing to not belive in the word of GOD but it is another to go against it. I would be ashamed if to find out in the end that you had no faith.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon I'm sorry i bothered you lol i forgot you do not accept much of the bible. I will say that it is one thing to not belive in the word of GOD but it is another to go against it. I would be ashamed if to find out in the end that you had no faith.

You're not bothering me in the least...

And Just so you know I do believe in "the word" of God... but the OT doesn't fall into that category...

The words of Jesus stand on their own without a touch of the OT added... and Faith has nothing to do with it...

Live by his words... and it will have its own effects on your life, and those around you...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

it is no lie and your speculations are what is dangerous.

The Exodus story IS a lie ... I"m telling the truth, not 'speculations' ... and what is dangerous are people who believe that everything written in a book that is thousands of years old is literal truth even though it's been proven wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

it is one thing to not belive in the word of GOD but it is another to go against it.

Prove that Exodus happened and that it's the Word of God.
If you can do that, I'll champion it from one end of ATS to the other.
Good luck.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan Oh lord please just show me a sign. please give me proof that your book is true and you were here and please prove to me that i have a soul while you are at it.

There will be no sign givin and Jesus himself wondered if there would be any with faith left upon his return. I will not try and prove to someone something when there mind is made up. That is the work of GOD to send you all strong delusion. It is up to you all to dig your self out of that hole. If you have not noticed very much is happening right now that could be taken as proof but like i said your mind has been closed. I have said it before i dig you people and it will be ashame to see you all remain confused.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Might be hard to prove something that theres no evidence of... Archeologists have been struggling to find evidence of the biblical exodus for centuries, and they've yet to find anything...

And saying "well its written in the bible so that is proof" is not even an argument... its similar to saying we have proof of people flying on broomsticks because its written In the harry potter books

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon Do you believe that you have a spirit? The potter reference is just a low blow to your self.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon Do you believe that you have a spirit? The potter reference is just a low blow to your self.

That's just a silly question really... and the potter reference is just as valid as referring to the bible as proof of the bible...

In any case your question has absolutely no bearing on what we're discussing

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon Yea right. You need proof for the story of exodus but you require no proof to believe you have a soul/spirit. Your answer to the question i posed speaks right to the heart of you picking and choosing what parts of the bible you want to accept. Just as you claim there is no proof for the exodus and you don't believe it you also don't want to admit that you whole hearted believe that you have a soul even though there is no proof for that belief. Now on the other hand bringing harry potter and brooms into the mix only served to show that you put the two books on the same level as both fiction but i tell you that if the bible is fiction in your eyes then you have forfitted your soul to the man.

You know if i were you that do not believe in the bible then i would have to ask myself what am i doing in a thread that is not about if the bible is real but a thread that comes from the stand point that the bible is real and was wanting to debate the event and not if you believed that event was real.

edit on 1-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Regarding showing historical proof about this Old Testament Israelis deliverance event, I noticed that if one does a Google or Youtube.com search of this event and other associated topics such as "Jebel El Lawz", and "Jabal El Lawz", and "Real Mt Sinai", then a number of web page addresses are given that claim to give historical proof about this Israelis deliverance event.

Here is one video, as follows:

www.youtube.com...
Youtube video title: Ron Wyatt Archaeology - The Exodus - Audio Cleaned & Video Stabilized - 2012

And here is another video: www.youtube.com...
Youtube Video Title: Exodus of Israel from Egypt - REVEALED - Hard Evidence in Red Sea

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

See I call that nonsense...

DO you believe only the bible speaks about the soul of man? IF you do you are quite mistaken...

The fairy tales in the bible hold just as much weight as any other work of fiction... and I am free to pick and choose from the books of the bible as I please... I am not limited or restricted by those who preach about said books, nor do i care what their beliefs about those books are...

Try working from the NEW Testament backwards instead of taking the whole book as truth... Find an instance where the OT God displays love instead of just making the claim... Because as its written, God is love... the simple fact is, The OT God is Wrath, jealousy, deceit... a false god in every sense of the word, AND a pathetic example to hold ones self to...

Unfortunately people are taught that this is the very same God Jesus spoke of without actually questioning it... I know questioning things isn't allowed in most of Christianity... so you're left with the delusion of perfection in the book, which is actually laughable

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: trader21

Are you saying that they always camped in the shape of a cross or, at such and such a specific time, their camp took that shape?

The most important thing about the Israeli camp was where the Ark of Testimonies/Covenant was placed. Who was on watch to prevent people like the Philistines from pinching it and how far away people could pitch their tents. They are thought to have camped in family groups so I suspect much depended on the layout of the land as to the actual shape of their camp and how many of them were in the camp at any particular time due to various campaigns.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So in other words ... no proof but just a bunch of hand wringing and 'it's true because it says it's true' Okay. Listen .. the severe lack of proof of Exodus is proof that it didn't happen. That's the truth of the matter. And not buying the Old Testament doesn't mean that someone doesn't believe in God. The two do not go hand in hand ...

Beware of circular logic

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: trader21
Regarding showing historical proof about this Old Testament Israelis deliverance event, I noticed that if one does a Google or Youtube.com search of this event and other associated topics such as "Jebel El Lawz", and "Jabal El Lawz", and "Real Mt Sinai", then a number of web page addresses are given that claim to give historical proof about this Israelis deliverance event.

Here is one video, as follows:

www.youtube.com...
Youtube video title: Ron Wyatt Archaeology - The Exodus - Audio Cleaned & Video Stabilized - 2012

And here is another video: www.youtube.com...
Youtube Video Title: Exodus of Israel from Egypt - REVEALED - Hard Evidence in Red Sea

I've seen all of Ron Wyatt's videos... they are interesting

You should probably use google again as you advised... But this time look up Ron Wyatt Hoax...

Its just as interesting as his videos... Though i admit i did enjoy watching his stuff

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

I am fascinated by your camp and all its detail, but where does this detail come from? Why I ask is that the bible was, not from a record made at the specific time an event occurred. Unfortunately most of it was written by scribes a long,long time after the events and importantly from what was known traditionally about them. People don't seem to realise that and many believe that the accounts come from the original date they happened and they have been copied literally word perfect from the original source and there was no deviation permitted. (The Jewish scribes were not infalable and mistakes occurred). This is not the case, sometimes events are clearly from other nations myths all wound to fit the purpose of the scribes. The biggest mistake starts with the word worship which started off as workship and from that subtle turn of phrase about how work was carried out religion was started.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It has always been a very popular line that the Israelites were badly treated an enslaved in Egypt but unlike common belief, they did not slave to build the pyramids, they lived in a settlement near Goshen and the Pharoah had held a number of them but Moses got the Pharoah to let them leave Egypt, however - its part of their boo-hoo psychology etc.

Something the Jewish nation seems to ignore is the mixture of blood lines e.g. of Miriam as Moses's wife and her lineage. Infact most of the historic leaders traced their heritage from not only Mesopotania but Egypt and Abraham's line from his brother led to the Hebrews in Canaan who had to be integrated with the 'Israel' line, so their historic bloodline would probably come as quite a traumatic a shock to many Jews.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Actually i know that... It would be impossible to build such structures on the backs of slaves...

Regardless it reinforces the fictitious nature of the biblical exodus... IF they were not slaves, Moses likely did not kill one of the slave drivers that were abusing one of his people...

The story falls apart slowly as we dig up more of human history... Just like almost everything else in the OT...

Including the idea that these books are Gods word...

edit on 1-7-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: zardust

And there is much truth in the story of exodus. It is dead literally but the spirit gives life.

Its' just like a childs bed time fairy tale story that has a moral lesson to it. The problem is that there are millions upon millions of people who take Exodus literally. And to base religious beliefs off a lie like that is dangerous.
it is no lie and your speculations are what is dangerous.

Can you cite even one source outside of the bible to support your position? How do you explain a complete,lack of reference to this event by Egypt who were notoriously fastidious record keepers and an event of this magnitude would definitely have been recorded.
edit on 1-7-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

See my tag line thread. I don't believe the entire exodus story is accurate from a historical perspective. But the phrase make everything according to the pattern shown on the mountain is repeated many times. In the New Testament also. And I believe this pattern or type (tupos in Greek) refers to an archetypal pattern that is woven into the fabric of reality. That's why I could care less about literal history. And most definitely much was borrowed from others. Specifically Egypt. This exodus is the passing down of ancient mysteries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join