It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remaining Snowden docs will be released to avert 'unspecified US war' – ‪Cryptome‬

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: R_Clark

All the remaining Snowden documents will be released next month, according t‪o‬ whistle-blowing site ‪Cryptome, which said in a tweet that the release of the info by unnamed third parties would be necessary to head off an unnamed "war".‬

‪Cryptome‬ said it would "aid and abet" the release of "57K to 1.7M" new documents that had been "withheld for national security-public debate [sic]".

The site clarified that will not be publishing the documents itself.

Remaining Snowden docs will be released to avert 'unspecified US war' – ‪Cryptome‬

Also breaking from G Greenwald.... his major story is now delayed...
twitter.com...

A cryptic release from a leaks site, Cryptome likely has the ears of many 3 letter agencies twitching... on a tweet from Cryptome :
"July is when war begins unless headed off by Snowden full release of crippling intel. After war begins not a chance of release," Cryptome tweeted on its official feed. "Warmongerers are on a rampage..."

twitter.com...

As this would likely conflict with Greenwald's attempt to drip feed the releases over the next year toward somewhat of a climax, there seems to be a third party that may have gotten access to the encrypted doc pack...... It is thought that upto another 1.5m docs remain.... and there are many concerns related to full release.

The link doesnt say much about this unspecified "war". After reading the threads title, I was worried this coincided with Dick Cheney saying he predicts an imminent attack worse than 9/11. Also, could they be referring to a cyberwar? Im no hacker, but i believe it can be relatively predicted how long it will take an agency to crack a code or break into the files. Last, why must they raise 100,000 for the files to be released. I smell a lot of bs.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It appears from the interview on cryptome that Snowden has distributed documents to several parties, some with and some without access to them. They are told of 'triggers' for when to release said info to the public.
So maybe something is going to happen this month that tells those involved to release what they have.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well, I'll tell ya... I don't think the most sensitive things Snowden managed to run off with are still items of the 'most sensitive' category. Not anymore. Even at the expense of dumping good programs which may never be compromised, I'm betting the damage control efforts have, by now, excised everything at risk of going sideways by anything they can figure Snowden might have included in the mass which is estimated to have left with him.

So..Wars won't necessarily start, and agents won't be burned and killed anymore. All that probably took no more than weeks to get done at enormous expense and trouble, no doubt.

Still, have you ever read through the State Dept. Cables or Afghan After Action report database that was leaked? I mean spent real time, like hours, to just browse and take in what is there for context and history's sake?

Snowden took MUCH more actionable and practical intelligence with him, even after damage control, and I can say there are many cables from Manning's leak that were like the locker room gossip of spoiled brats thinking they couldn't be heard. I mean personal, nasty and very much directed at individual people who, in enough cases, still sit in power right now. Such is where much of the 'they won't answer our calls anymore' type of damage came from.

That's the type of 'devil's in the details' I think these leaks still hold now and small things can obliterate international relations. Silly for the scale to what happens afterward at times, to go by history. Even world leaders can throw outright tantrums.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So it begins.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Manning's leaked data did show the nasty side that we all knew was there. No real revelations. There still might be something big to come but the US gov has had years to perfect damage control and redirection.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

At this point how do we know they are American documents? He's in the hands of Russian handlers and they could create anything they want and he has to go along with it, or they can just deport him to the US.

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My 2 questions are....

1. Why don't they say who's going to war with who?

2. Why don't they release the docs now?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I'd strongly disagree about no new revelations. There was plenty for the public around the world...but nothing Governments themselves were likely shocked by.

I think the analysis and evaluations of other people, nations and institutions in the NoForn or most sensitive in the 'don't let the people we're talking about ever see this' category held plenty of revelations and I've only been through what I'd guess is 30-40% of the cables since they first came out. It's a lot, but it's like reading the notes and rough work of the history books for how interesting the frank and blunt talk is.

Recalling so much as events when they happened from the public view, it's amazing to see how little difference the President in power actually made for some of the sheer immaturity and snarkiness which runs through State. That whole department needs a giant flush. We have millions of unemployed. I'm sure we could restaff just about any whole agency with new faces from those average folk who need a career.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Did you see something that made you think 'I wouldn't have thought that was the way it is?' That's what I was getting at.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Maybe it is to avert this "border crisis".

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

Maybe it's THE war.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
NO MORE WAR!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Any chance the US government is using Greenwald to simply tell the truth. Maybe he will be the guy that sparks a uprising/revolution? I'll leave it there, what are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

What us the aggressor was Satin? Just a thought what would happen if Greenwald said that? Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Interested to see what happens. Thanks for the info

edit on 2-7-2014 by markymint because: Got angry and removed my anger

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
They should put up or shut up. Telling people you are about to do something is just a way of seeking attention and a handout so that you can... not actually do it. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it! Oh, hey thanks for the MONEY I won't do it!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: America has decided to grant Edward Snowden immunity... and he will be releasing the documents on his new reality show airing on CBS...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
My 2 questions are....

1. Why don't they say who's going to war with who?

2. Why don't they release the docs now?

Because it's all bull puckey.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
no document release has thus far made any real difference in anyone's lives.

gm recall of known faullty parts and their sales continue uninterrupted.

they wont release the docs because no one is going to DO anything about ANYTHING

have YOU cancelled your cellphone contract because its a KNOWN spy device?

nope.

still watching TV?

yep.

see?

snowden misunderstood the cattle-like nature of humanity.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Outside of the obvious war with middle east and russia, it might be a civil war he is talking about. Perhaps its has somethng to do with the irs scandal, maybe he has the documents that were lost. He may have proof of the governments intentions with the likes of tea partiers.

Or it may be about the potential economic war or currency war being played in the market. Does he have proof about the bear stern and jp morgan debacle back in 2008, when government forced jp to take bears short gold/silver books. Perhaps governmet assurance that they would not be held liable because they will......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join