It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum Category Issue: Dreams & Predictions vs. Predictions & Prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I would like for the Dreams & Predictions Forum to be renamed to be just the Dreams Forum.

When people wish to discuss dreams, dreaming, lucidity, OBE, astral travel, astral projection, the dreaming mind, the sleeping body, the science of sleep, sleep research, dream studies, methods of achieving dream lucidity, etc., one must wade through the Dreams & Predictions Forum, which means a lot of "prediction" dream stuff, which is more like a collective diary of member's dreams which they think might predict something. That has more to do with Prophecies, and is indeed related to the current-titled forum Predictions & Prophecies.
Having two forums wherein member may post "predictions" is clutter-y.
Dreams should be a separate Forum from Prophecies & Predictions.
edit on 1-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: Got the forum names mixed up, Fixed now. Goes to show that it IS indeed confusing forum names, as they stand cure tly

edit on 1-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: Again, mixed-up forum names, this time in title

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger
Prophecies happen in a waking state. Dreams are crazyville. I've never predicted the future through dreams. I have through logic and intuition. Sometimes very accurately.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Which forum do you think posts about Predictions should go in? Dreams & Prdictions or Predictions & Prophecies? Considering my hope that the Dreams forum may be free of predictions which someone dreamt about, which is not a discussion of dreams but a discussion of someone's regard for their own ability to predict something. It's a messy category issue.
a reply to: skunkape23

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I have had dreams that, unimaginably...'came true'. I have, of course, had more dreams that were...just dreams.
Sometimes, people are looking for 'meaning' in/of/to their dreams, as well...
I can understand your frustration since ALL you are interested in...are aspects/realms/etc of the Dream State.
Kinda elitist, though - if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The Predictions & Prophecies is intended to discuss predictions or prophecies by well known or previously-published clairvoyants or ancient prophecies.
The dreams & predictions forum is intended for members' personal predictions or dreams members wish to discuss - especially if they feel there is some sort of message in it.

Topics like "dreaming, lucidity, OBE, astral travel, astral projection, the dreaming mind, the sleeping body, the science of sleep, sleep research, dream studies, methods of achieving dream lucidity, etc." can be discussed in the Philosophy and Metaphysics, Paranormal Studies, Science & Technology or the Gray Area, depending on the topic.

Some feel that personal dreams may be a form of prediction or subconscious "messaging" therefore it fits well within the said forum.

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That's a lot of forums in which dream discussions may take place. I wish there were a forum for the threads which are currently found in the Dreams & Predictions Forum, which DO relate to "dreaming, lucidity, OBE, astral travel, astral projection, the dreaming mind, the sleeping body, the science of sleep, sleep research, dream studies, methods of achieving dream lucidity, etc."
That many threads of that nature ARE in the Dreams & Predictions forum shows, I think, that people naturally look there when interested in reading or posting about dreaming.
a reply to: Gemwolf

By the way, I did not need it to be "cleared up", as if I don't understand the forums. (ETA: Sorry, that sounded defensive.) Although I did not realize there are enough prophecies and predictions by established clairvoyants as to merit a separate forum, which shares part of its name with another forum, where regular people's predictions go.
So I suppose you did clear THAT up for me.

But my point which I did not make effectively, is that dreaming deserves a forum on it's own. In my opinion, dreaming is more forum-worthy than predictions, and topics in dreaming that are not predictions should not be relegated to one of three other forums you listed, The Gray Area, Science & Technology, or the Paranormal forum. Metaphysics & philosophy is OK for dream topis, but not as good as a dedicated forum.

edit on 1-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: It's its

edit on 1-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: Tone

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The theoretical difference between the two forums is actually fairly straightforward;
Predictions and Prophecies; discussing what other people have published (e.g. Bible prophecies, Nostradamus, modern seers).
Dreams and Predictions; discussing what you have come up with yourself, whether from dreams or from conclusions reached in other ways.

But confusion is built into the way the two forums are named.
They both have the word "predictions". So anyone who thinks they can say something about the future naturally assumes that "Predictions and prophecies" is the right place for it.
This tendancy is reinforced by the fact that "Dreams and Predictions" is less easy to find, being listed among the "Off-topic" forums.

Then the confusion was made worse when forum descriptions were removed from their previous visible place in threads, which means that nobody, apart from Mods and other members with long memories, is even aware of what the difference is supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

But confusion is built into the way the two forums are named.
They both have the word "predictions". So anyone who thinks they can say something about the future naturally assumes that "Predictions and prophecies" is the right place for it.
This tendency is reinforced by the fact that "Dreams and Predictions" is less easy to find, being listed among the "Off-topic" forums.

Compelling argument. Maybe if the dreams and predictions forum were renamed "Personal Dreams and Predictions"

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I've screwed this up before. Mods fixed it up just fine. Sorry to be a burden, but ...

ETA: I've had waaayyy too much to drink already!! Still ... life is good!!
edit on 172014 by Snarl because: ETA

new topics

top topics

join