It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do in your "off" time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just curious...what do ATS members do in their off time? I spend most evenings sitting in my back yard with my dogs with a fire in the pit and just watching the sky. I tend to contemplate my current situation and try to better myself based on that contemplation. I haven't watched TV in almost a year...not even local news. Perhaps every now and then Ill peruse the local tv station website to see who might have been shot...but for the most part I dont watch.

I live in a relatively small town...my house happens to be on the edge of said town. My back yard is totally secluded...privacy fence surrounded by trees and indigenous foliage... so I have no qualms about doing what I want to there...

So what do y'all do?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hang out with the kids and lady, paint, cycle, climb, and now ride my motorcycle that I finally got totally dialed in!!! Woo!

Although it's heating up here, so I imagine we'll be taking plenty of trips to the springs up here. They are so beautiful, tucked up against the foothills in the east, you can see the whole Owens valley before you while swimming in clear cool water. Amazing at sundown.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

Been "off" for so long I don't know what on is anymore. So what do I do?

Watch ATS, watch news feeds, take my dog for a walk several times a day and wait for the apocalypse. Pretty much it for now. Oh yeah, I also go get groceries once and a while.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I sit in the dark "sittin" room...

until they let me back on the computer.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm unemployed at the moment, so a lot of off time.

For the past 5-6 months I've been teaching myself 3d modeling with the hopes of turning what I learn into something profitable. Currently making a series of models to try and sell as video game assets. I really hope I can get something going because filling out those job apps, with the questionnaires that take forty minutes to an hour.. yeah.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Play music on a variety of instruments, further my knowledge, hunt food, drink and screw. What else is there?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I used to fish (freshwater cuts or rainbows) -but caught them all. Now I'm going through a serious golf addiction. And beers..Golf, friends and beers. That's my happy time.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I fish, camp, have some beer, play with my dogs, chase my chickens, laugh at my neighbors crazy lawn care rituals(mows his grass 3x a week for 4 hours a day with 2 different mowers then sweeps his lawn afterward) and thats just the warm seasons.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Your neighbor sounds like Hank Hill.
edit on 1-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I wouldn't say Hank Hill, maybe a bit senile. He is recently retired so maybe he just has too much time on his hands.
I just get a kick watching him run around his yard with a broom and dustpan.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Hey whatever is relaxing for him I guess.

Sweeping the grass though.. I'd be entertained to watch too.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
perfect my skill at iajutsu (japanese swordsmanship) , practice taiji , fish , read , drink , as to when downriver .. go to karaoke lounges or bars , chase sheilas ..
edit on 1/7/14 by Expat888 because: meh typo grrr ...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I think we would probably get along well. That or get into an epic battle to the death.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Work and college take up most of my time. School morning to afternoon, then work afternoon to late night.

As for my off time, i'll take a couple hours after work (past midnight usually, I work 5-6 days a week) mixing it up with some beers (and/or vodka), playing video games, and catching up on some news if it interests me. Also, if it happens to be a Sunday night and a TV show I like is currently airing, i'll watch that to. (really only Game of Thrones or Walking Dead).

On the day or 2 a week I have off of work and school is finished in the AM, i'll spend my time at the local gun range for a few hours. Maybe i'll also make a video of the day at the range and also have some competitions with friends (not 3 gun comp or anything like that...more like playing a game of battleship or something similar, but with guns).
edit on 1-7-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

I think we would probably get along well. That or get into an epic battle to the death.

Would end up a drinking contest or a pub run .. nah rather chase sheila's than get into a battle ..

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I play blackjack semi semi professionally on purpose. Tinker with lawn mowers and small engines, seasonal maintenance for my friends rather cheap. Slowly converting my 2 wheel drive into 4. Take longer #s because I can. Thinking of ways I cannot kill my wife...jk she is already dead...jk don't have a wife...anymore...jk really don't have one never going too. We are going to die with different names...Play pool. Find psychologists in forums kind of like this one and make them think they are this small . Just because I like to shrink shrinks that don't know they can be shrunk.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Pondering how I would go at it with an expert swordsman. Guns are no fair game. If I could only use a single weapon, I would go with a staff. If a combo is fair game, I would go with a Louisville slugger in one hand and a Bowie knife in the other. I like the idea of killing some liquor and scoring some sheilas better. I'll be the wingman.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I create music. I don't have a publisher because I don't yhink my music is that great. I mostly try to create a lot of different styles in the electronica scene. So I release my music as free to download. By doing so over the past 8 years I have actually had my work used in 3 different video games. 1 independent film, and a few other flash movies on newgrounds.

I do a lot of creative writing and the subject changes every time. I have done a fake murder diary. I have written out plots for movie ideas. I have created a lot of work for a possible video game all centered around the actions of an underground society that is trying to balance the world.

I created my own written language that works fairly well.

I drew some ttattoos that I might put on my back someday..... this is all just in the past 8 months for me. I don't watch news or tv. I might even cancel netflix.

I play some video games but not as much as I did back in 2008.

I think thats it really.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm disabled with back problems and nerve damage so I don't do a hell of a lot. I'm on the computer or out in the yard a lot. If I feel up to it, I'll make jewelry or do some other kind of craft. Once a week, I go out to lunch and do a little shopping with a friend. I spend a bit of time with my elderly Mother each day and get to spend time with my 6 year old great nephew. We laugh a lot. And I LOVE to read!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Before getting chronically ill I used to go with my family on lots of day trips to do things ... historical and fun things ... like museums and historical places.

NOW I'm stuck inside a lot. I read. I play on ATS and other sites. I watch too much TV. I sit on the back screened porch and meditate. If I'm having a good day then we do something closeby ... like we went to the Eastern State Penitentiary.

I'm moving much slower these days so it takes longer to get housework done. (the past three weeks I've been stuck in bed/on the couch because of my beach accident) So I haven't been able to do much of anything except TV and internet. The summer is passing by ... it's frustrating me!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join