It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must we all trust in only faith? And how do the people who know, know?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: ArtemisE

Perhaps. But I have had my share of experience as a host, and as a symbiont, through initiation into my Peyote Church. And I can tell you with no doubt that the mysteries of consciousness includes mind-over-chemicals, just as it includes mind-over-matter.

Beneath the surface appearance of dualism, there is ontological unity. That's what makes Love both non-local and supreme, because it, unlike hate and fear, leads to blissful unity of lover and beloved at the deepest root of reality.

Where is there any physical proof of mind over chemicals?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

'___'. edit wow not allowed to say that...

Woah that is god.
edit on 1-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Our autonomic nervous system reacts to future stimulus, up to ten seconds before in fact. Consciousness is non-local in space and time, and so it scans the future, and begins to prepare the body chemistry for shocking or arousing stimulus before that stimulus even happens. It can be measured. Therefore, consciousness transcends chemicals, which are merely localized in space and time.

Psychic / distance healing can reach through space and into your body to alter its chemistry in order to heal. Chemicals can't.

The chemicals in your brain are trapped in your skull; in the here and now. Your mind is not.

Free your mind.

edit on 045Tuesday000000America/ChicagoJul000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Our autonomic nervous system reacts to future stimulus, up to ten seconds before in fact. Consciousness is non-local in space and time, and so it scans the future, and begins to prepare the body chemistry for shocking or arousing stimulus before that stimulus even happens. It can be measured. Therefore, consciousness transcends chemicals, which are merely localized in space and time.

Psychic / distance healing can reach through space and into your body to alter its chemistry in order to heal. Chemicals can't.

The chemicals in your brain are trapped in your skull; in the here and now. Your mind is not.

Free your mind.

Fair enough on the nervous system. Tho that's prob quantum mechanics. Which is part of chemical processes.

But there is zero proof of psychic healing. The placebo effect works the same way... Because of chemical reactions.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

God, or more specifically, the LORD Jesus Christ does address His believers. The Bible is His complete and final revelation to man, and everything He needs to say to us is found within. If He still actually spoke to people directly, or spoke through people as He did the OT prophets, then we would not have a full and complete cannon of scripture. The only way to know Jesus is to read the Bible, and pray for the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truths contained within. In order to do this, you must first believe on Jesus Christ and accept Him as your Savior. You do that by believing that He came to this Earth as God manifest in the flesh, lived a perfect life, died for your sins and rose again. If you truly believe that then all you have to do is call upon His holy name and ask Him to save you. If you genuinely do that, you will begin to understand the Bible. Read the gospel of John, because it was specifically written for the unbelieving to read and believe.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Fair enough on the nervous system. Tho that's prob quantum mechanics. Which is part of chemical processes.

Call it what you will. The bottom line is,

"The multiplicity is only apparent. This is the doctrine of the Upanishads. And not of the Upanishads only. The mystical experience of the union with God regularly leads to this view, unless strong prejudices stand in the way.

Multiplicity is only apparent, in truth, there is only one mind..."

-Erwin Schrödinger

But there is zero proof of psychic healing. The placebo effect works the same way... Because of chemical reactions.

Evidence of one psychic function, such as presentiment (which you just accepted), is evidence of them all. Reaching through time and space is reaching through time and space, whether its for remote viewing, psychic healing, or presentiment. The only difference is intention.

Here is a tiny bit of the evidence for distance healing.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Accepting psychic functioning will not force you to convert to fundamentalist religion.

edit on 148Tuesday000000America/ChicagoJul000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

all you have to do is call upon His holy name and ask Him to save you. If you genuinely do that, you will begin to understand the Bible.

Sigh...

The dangers of Pauls doctrine...

It takes a little more then just calling on his name brother... He told the people following him that there were things they should do if they believe in him.... And simply calling on his name is not what he said...

Anyone can understand the bible simply by reading it... it only gets complicated when Christians start preaching and rambling on about what they've been taught...

Faith alone is NOT the way he taught... IF you've actually read the gospels you'd know that

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Call it what you will. The bottom line is,

"The multiplicity is only apparent. This is the doctrine of the Upanishads. And not of the Upanishads only. The mystical experience of the union with God regularly leads to this view, unless strong prejudices stand in the way.

Multiplicity is only apparent, in truth, there is only one mind..."

-Erwin Schrödinger

Evidence of one psychic function, such as presentiment (which you just accepted), is evidence of them all. Reaching through time and space is reaching through time and space, whether its for remote viewing, psychic healing, or presentiment. The only difference is intention.

Here is a tiny bit of the evidence for distance healing.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Accepting psychic functioning will not force you to convert to fundamentalist religion.

Absolutely, but what's psychic functioning have to do with evolution?

No, belief that we have some deeply seeded psychic power of prediction doesn't equate to we have all psychic powers. That's just silly. One psychic power would not inherently give you every psychic power.

I haven't read the article yet but I would be VERY surprised if it's examples couldn't be explained by the placebo effect. Our brain has the power to heal you (placebo effect) or hurt you (hypochondriacs).

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

That's a good question, thanks. You are a good conversation partner.

weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com...

No, belief that we have some deeply seeded psychic power of prediction don't equate to we have all psychic powers. That's just silly. One psychic power would not inherently give you every psychic power.

Why not? One opposable thumb on your hand gives you the ability to use any tool. It just depends on how you want to use it.

Everyone can feel the future, everyone can learn to remote view, and everyone can manipulate the output of a random number generator with their mind. It's just a matter of degree. The Global Consciousness Project has provided evidence of RNG manipulation through PK, evidence which has accumulated for many years.

And everyone can use the psychic power of their minds to learn the art of union with reality. Otherwise known as mysticism.

Oh to be sure, different people have different aptitudes. The Ganzfeld studies have shown that people with artistic talent and temperament score MUCH higher than the general population. That makes sense, considering that art and shamanism go together like peanut butter and jelly. Shamans were the first artists, and they are the ones who, for most of human history, have undergone altered states of consciousness on behalf of the tribe, states which are highly psi-conducive, so as to use their ability for the survival of the tribe. Remote viewing animals to hunt or water sources, psychic healing, weather manipulation, etc.

edit on 264Wednesday000000America/ChicagoJul000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

No, belief that we have some deeply seeded psychic power of prediction don't equate to we have all psychic powers. That's just silly. One psychic power would not inherently give you every psychic power.

Why not? One opposable thumb on your hand gives you the ability to use any tool.

Everyone can feel the future, everyone can learn to remote view, and everyone can manipulate the output of a random number generator with their mind. The Global Consciousness Project has provided evidence of that, which has accumulated for many years.

Oh to be sure, different people have different aptitudes. The Ganzfeld studies have shown that people with artistic talent score higher than the general population. That makes sense, considering that art and shamanism go together like peanut butter and jelly. Shamans were the first artists, and they are the ones who, for most of human history, have undergone altered states of consciousness on behalf of the tribe, states which are highly psi-conducive, so as to use their ability for the survival of the tribe. Remote viewing animals to hunt, psychic healing, etc.

I'm not opposed to a quantum conciousness. I just think it's more probubal if ones there. It was created by us, after evolution created an intelligence. Maybe even all pack animals have one. It's just one of the steps on the way to intelligence.

But none of that brings evolution into question. None of that insinuates we just popped our of thin air or were a Devine creation and If our consciousness created the universe. It wouldn't be nearly as complex. Were not nearly that smart.

Science could have made mistakes, but a large scale conspiracy is just irrational. Anyone who disproved a well known thing like evolution would be rich and famous.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Why not? One opposable thumb on your hand gives you the ability to use any tool. It just depends on how you want to use it.

Everyone can feel the future, everyone can learn to remote view, and everyone can manipulate the output of a random number generator with their mind. It's just a matter of degree. The Global Consciousness Project has provided evidence of RNG manipulation through PK, evidence which has accumulated for many years.

And everyone can use the psychic power of their minds to learn the art of union with reality. Otherwise known as mysticism.

Oh to be sure, different people have different aptitudes. The Ganzfeld studies have shown that people with artistic talent and temperament score MUCH higher than the general population. That makes sense, considering that art and shamanism go together like peanut butter and jelly. Shamans were the first artists, and they are the ones who, for most of human history, have undergone altered states of consciousness on behalf of the tribe, states which are highly psi-conducive, so as to use their ability for the survival of the tribe. Remote viewing animals to hunt, psychic healing, etc.

My bad about the evolution stuff I'm in an evolution thread too and got mixed up :p

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The whole issue of religion vs evolution is a red herring. There is no conflict between mysticism and science, but there is a conflict between the science of 2000 BC and the science of 2000 AD.

Quantum consciousness means that part of us transcends space and time in a way that chemicals can't, and that same part of us can unite with reality after death, because it isn't dependent on our bodies. The key to uniting with reality in eternity is Love, compassion, humility, courage, forgivness. These emotions can surf the 'quantum consciousness' waves right out of our skulls, and take us with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hi everybody, I am still here, I was pretty nervous and embarrassed to come back because I was AUI while creating the thread.

Now I'm overwhelmed with the plethora of great replies and am not quite sure how to respond yet.

Please, to all the members who took the time to address me and the OP thank you, and know your words have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. Very helpful and inspirational for me this morning too.

Thanks everybody and I apologize if my drunken responses seemed a little weak.

edit on 2-7-2014 by GoShredAK because: Hope I didn't just break T&C with that......

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Hi everybody, I am still here, I was pretty nervous and embarrassed to come back because I was AUI while creating the thread.

Now I'm overwhelmed with the plethora of great replies and am not quite sure how to respond yet.

Please, to all the members who took the time to address me and the OP thank you, and know your words have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. Very helpful and inspirational for me this morning too.

Thanks everybody and I apologize if my drunken responses seemed a little weak.

Drunk posting, eh? Fun fun. Sorting through the aftermath? Not so fun fun.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The whole issue of religion vs evolution is a red herring. There is no conflict between mysticism and science, but there is a conflict between the science of 2000 BC and the science of 2000 AD.

Quantum consciousness means that part of us transcends space and time in a way that chemicals can't, and that same part of us can unite with reality after death, because it isn't dependent on our bodies. The key to uniting with reality in eternity is Love, compassion, humility, courage, forgivness. These emotions can surf the 'quantum consciousness' waves right out of our skulls, and take us with it.

The science in this post is positively overwhelming. Mr. Hawking would be proud. Please, tell us more about your experiences in transcending space-time. Mind the T&C's though.

edit on 2-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

According to your link:

This study, using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) technology, demonstrated that distant intentionality (DI), defined as sending thoughts at a distance, is correlated with an activation of certain brain functions in the recipients. Eleven healers who espoused some form for connecting or healing at a distance were recruited from the island of Hawaii. Each healer selected a person with whom they felt a special connection as a recipient for DI. The recipient was placed in the MRI scanner and isolated from all forms of sensory contact from the healer. The healers sent forms of DI that related to their own healing practices at random 2-minute intervals that were unknown to the recipient. Significant differences between experimental (send) and control (no send) procedures were found (p = 0.000127). Areas activated during the experimental procedures included the anterior and middle cingulate area, precuneus, and frontal area. It was concluded that instructions to a healer to make an intentional connection with a sensory isolated person can be correlated to changes in brain function of that individual.

Yet strangely, there's no documentation available other than what I just posted. Not to mention that the conclusion reached seems to rely on the authority of a handful of people at best. I may as well conduct an experiment in my backyard and tell you it was successful without you ever seeing anything other than my smiling face as I deliver the news. Politicians do that too.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

The science in this post is positively overwhelming. Mr. Hawking would be proud. Please, tell us more about your experiences in transcending space-time. Mind the T&C's though.

Have you none of your own? One might expect a poster with a user name like yours to know something about what comes after infinity. :p

Have you never had a stark vision of the future that come true before your very eyes? Have you never had vivid dreams that come true? Have you never known who is calling before you answer the phone? Have you never experienced a crisis apparition as a distant loved-one died? Have you never had a gut feeling that prompted you to avert disaster? Have you never left your body to view the past? Have you never had your mind entangled with another so as to feel what they feel? Have you never felt the mind of a distant healer in your own mind, like a Vulcan mind-meld? Have you never shed the 'Clark Kent' aspect of yourself, to reveal the Superman underneath?

If not, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Have you none of your own? One might expect a poster with a user name like yours to know something about what comes after infinity. :p

My variation of Walt Disney's "keep moving forward".

Have you never had a stark vision of the future that come true before your very eyes? Have you never had vivid dreams that come true? Have you never known who is calling before you answer the phone? Have you never experienced a crisis apparition as a distant loved-one died? Have you never had a gut feeling that prompted you to avert disaster? Have you never left your body to view the past? Have you never had your mind entangled with another so as to feel what they feel? Have you never felt the mind of a distant healer in your own mind, like a Vulcan mind-meld? Have you never shed the 'Clark Kent' aspect of yourself, to reveal the Superman underneath?

I think Clark Kent is just as super as Superman ever was. One does not need flying or near-invincibility in order to be a hero. No cape is necessary to change someone's day from glum to hopeful, and many times, that's all it takes to make a difference. Superpowers are overrated.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

I think Clark Kent is just as super as Superman ever was. One does not need flying or near-invincibility in order to be a hero. No cape is necessary to change someone's day from glum to hopeful, and many times, that's all it takes to make a difference. Superpowers are overrated.

I respect that. One does not need super-powers. But one does need to know thyself. If all Clark Kent knew was Clark Kent, then he wouldn't know himself.

"Absolutely. I mean, again the phrase, “the “human as two”” is meant as sort of the balancing point because of course the history of religion, the history of these experiences were usually understood to be some kind of God or deity or transcendent world intervening in the life of the person, wherewith these modern mystics, these authors and artists, they’re usually suspicious of those kinds of religious projections. They don’t see these experiences as proving the existence of God, per se, or some Heaven or some Hell.

They see these experiences establishing that the “human as two”, not that the human being is experiencing God but that the human experience of God is actually a human experience of some other aspect of the human being. God is, if you will, a name previous cultures and eras have given to this other part of who we actually are. So this ends up effectively divinizing human beings, but not the social self or the ego, not what I call the “Clark Kent” aspect of who we are but this sort of secret self, the other side of it that peeks through very rarely but fairly consistently throughout human history. So it’s really a way of trying to humanize and bring down the divinity into human experience." -Jeffrey Kripal

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I respect that. One does not need super-powers. But one does need to know thyself. If all Clark Kent knew was Clark Kent, then he wouldn't know himself.

True. But I have a question for you: why are you trying to unlock the Superman in you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join