It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must we all trust in only faith? And how do the people who know, know?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
edit on 1-7-2014 by Akragon because: Double post

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
a reply to: GoShredAK

All my life I have strived to know Jesus . . .
What do you mean by "know"?

Is it an intellectual thing, or do you mean that you want Jesus to do something as part of a personal relationship?

You mention "praying" in the OP of the other thread you started 6 months ago.

What is the purpose of these prayers?

What I suspect is that you may be asking for something that really isn't high priority on Jesus' agenda.

If you look at the gospels, what you find is a person who wants other people to go out of their way to go out and evangelize in his name.

I think that if you were doing that, working at bringing people to Jesus, then Jesus would come to you in a very real way, in order to help you in your preaching the gospel,

If you are just looking for benefits that an all-powerful entity should be capable of giving out, then maybe Jesus isn't really interested in those wants.

I don't know, I'm not a christian, I think religion is evil, but I have experienced physical healing just by invoking his name.

I'm trying to figure this out and feel like a lame servant for even questioning, but I must.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
OP you are following mans version of God find God yourself don't let religion cloud your relationship with God.
Just BE and you will bump into God.

That's the issue, i find religion in general so flawed. Yet I'm afraid to just let go.....I lean towards Buddhism, but am too scared to let go of Jesus, wtf is wrong with me!? Just a modern religously indoctrinated human or what?.....it's a mental block and I know it's wrong....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

I rarely ask for anything, when I pray I'm thanking the lord for my abilities and opportunities.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I have asked the Lord, through Christ, to grant you what you need at this crucial point in your life. Be strong and seek out those who will not waver in their faith. For they will be your strength in your time of need. God bless!
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Sincerely appreciated.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

How come God can't DIRECTLY and personally address his most heartfelt believers?

HE does, but perhaps you're expecting something in human form... or an actual person...

God speaks to people every day... but most don't hear him

That just brings me back to Synchronicity , but who the heck is talking to me?! The number 37? Cause thats all i get.
edit on 1-7-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

Jesus says the same thing in the gospels. He despised religions for the exact same reasons. He warns against them in all forms. Belief is a personal thing to be shared with like minded people. Its not for profit making and control like ALL man made organisations....not just religous ones.

Well written, this reminds me of why I am reluctant to relinquish my love for Jesus, because the man you just described has all of my respect.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Thank you for understanding and simplifying my question per the OP.

Your opinion is very much appreciated and very much on point, as I have no agenda here, just honest yearning for some understanding.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

37 and I have had a few conversations as well. Same with 3 6 and 9, too many conversations with Zero and one to even try and count. 1.618., Square root of 2 etc.....I know....I've been there. I've had little scribblings going every direction on every possible surface of my room of nothing but number patters wondering "What the hell are you trying to tell me!!!!"

I even still keep waiting for that answer and keep looking although not nearly as much as I used to. thankfully.

It's difficult to let go of some things once they've been rooted in your mind for a long time. That may be why you're having a hard time accepting Buddhism. I know exactly what you're talking about. Nobody said you have to let go of one to have the other either. Just because you want Jesus also doesn't mean you have to accept all the other Dogma that surrounds him. After all, was it him who wrote any of it down???

I eventually found a lot of peace within Taoism as well. The very core of it. The original idea. Very simple and elegant. Very Zero and Infinity.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Thank you, you clearly understand what I'm talking about and worded it so well....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I have had spiritual experience without believing and human created religion and being a follower of it. In fact the time I had my first spiritual experience was when I rejected all I had been taught and started over in my mind and built up from scratch again.

I in fact think the faith we should believe in is based on intention->manifestation as a real thing that can be proven by examining and observing. Not faith to religion or dogma. There are high level spiritual knowledge hiding in Jesus teachings and I do believe he was a blessed One sent to help just like the other ones was.

Seek within and without. If you cannot get the message test another source. God have created a way home but you have to flip your mind a bit to see it and leave the state of ego blindness and get the third eye activated.

God luck all you who read this and I wish you a happy experience.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

I think there is only one single all enveloping truth of all that is. Everything else is only simplifications of that truth and therefor just views and lies. God works on another level than humans and religion and most priests are to caught up in their view to notice it. God is god no matter what planet I live on and what specie I am and what views of the truth that specie have created. Humans have a way of de-evolving god to human level when maybe it would be better is humans evolved to understand god on gods level.

The essence of faith is trust.

I trust god. I just do not trust most humans to know enough about god to tell me much about god. My problem is not with god but with humans and their views of god.

edit on 1-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Whatever form or whatever is expected shouldn't matter. God would have the power to make himself known to whomever he was trying to make himself known, whatever way that may be. He would have the power to easily make sure you actually knew it was him and would remember it.

I'll refer you to my previous statement...

You will know the good by it's fruits.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
You mean synchronicity? Cause I expierience that regularly. And I love it! And it makes me feel good, but I don't know If it's Jesus' or some other positive entity.....

Think of synchronicity as higher level reality than the physical reality we are taught exists around us (that is an illusion). Please do not worry so much if it is from Jesus or another being that is nice. The nice ones are connected in spirit with each other.

Matthew 7:16

You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Jesus, God and any other name is just names. It is not the names that is important by the souls and beings behind the names.

I don't know, I'm not a christian, I think religion is evil, but I have experienced physical healing just by invoking his name.

Some people do the same with Reiki symbols since they mean something holy to them. The symbols/name are not the important thing but the holy energy/chi/light/spiritual water you can be used to manifest with them. In a way the symbols/name is just a tool to intent->manifest. In the old days it was called magic and Jesus seem to have been a master at it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Matthew 7:16
You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Blackberries have thorns. So do some Orange Trees and Lemon Trees. That doesn't make them Evil.
edit on 1-7-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: boymonkey74
OP you are following mans version of God find God yourself don't let religion cloud your relationship with God.
Just BE and you will bump into God.

That's the issue, i find religion in general so flawed. Yet I'm afraid to just let go.....I lean towards Buddhism, but am too scared to let go of Jesus, wtf is wrong with me!? Just a modern religously indoctrinated human or what?.....it's a mental block and I know it's wrong....

Then do not let go of Jesus. Read Buddhism and think about what he is saying and read Jesus message and think about what Jesus is saying.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient and yet can't set aside a moment to verify his existence for a follower who needs him. Sounds like a weak excuse to me.
Those are attributes that have been attached to him.
It wouldn't make sense for a God to go about making such claims about Himself.

Is that not the best example of the blind leading the blind???
To who has, more will be given.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
Those are attributes that have been attached to him.
It wouldn't make sense for a God to go about making such claims about Himself.

So he's not those things????

Or you don't know one way or the other???

To who has, more will be given.

Is that the same as "The Rich get Richer". Because if not, I'm not sure I get what you're saying there.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

A lot of religious institutions, I think, are evil.
Christianity should be about how we treat other human beings.
God is able to heal people.

I'm trying to figure this out and feel like a lame servant for even questioning, but I must.
I don't think that you could hardly help it.
There is quite a bit that can be known about Jesus by reading the New Testament.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I rarely ask for anything, when I pray I'm thanking the lord for my abilities and opportunities.
I was wondering what your methodology was for seeking Jesus.
Of course your making use of those, such as you are doing now, would be heading in the right direction in the seeking process.
That's just the way I think about it, such as why God healed me, and why I didn't die thirty years ago.
Maybe because I would be willing to talk about it, or maybe a personal motivating factor to talk about God in general.
Jesus is who connects me with God and why I think God would have done that for me.
I have had experiences in the material world with God, but in the form of angels who appeared as people.
It was only very recently that I had a "Jesus" encounter, which was in the form of a vision where I say him in Heaven, and the spirit told me about what he was doing there.
Christianity, I don't think, would hardly exist if it wasn't for Paul, who did not meet Jesus in the material form but through visions in Heaven, so I think that there is something to be said about visions when it comes to the person of Jesus.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join