It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must we all trust in only faith? And how do the people who know, know?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Nobody "knows" for sure.

They believe they are right and have faith that they are.

They have no more proof than anyone else, they make themselves believe normal everyday happenings are the work of something greater pulling the strings.

If you believe........you believe

If you don't.......you don't

Neither is right or wrong.

Goes back to the old saying........whatever floats yer boat.....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Spoken like a true scholar and poet!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

can you at least understand the incredulousness of someone who is rather skeptical about all things religion?

Religion?

I thought we were talking about God...

when someone is trying to convince you that their god is real and in one breath expounds how their god is omnipotent and omniscient and in the next breath go on to talk about how god is so mysterious and he communicates in ways we least expect. It just sounds less plausible than Santa Claus coming down the chimney to me.

I agree...

If god is all knowing and all powerful he should have the ability to make his message clear and concise and be all about a show of power to evidence his greatness and his reality. It seems counter productive to me to be so mysterious if you want everyone in the universe to believe in you and accept your divinity.

IF God is all powerful and all knowing etc etc... and said entity created everything you see, and even what you can not... Is that not somewhat of a show of said power?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

IF God is all powerful and all knowing etc etc... and said entity created everything you see, and even what you can not... Is that not somewhat of a show of said power?

How do I know he created it??? Since he's not here to tell me personally or to verify such a claim it's just a guess like any other. Also, we know now that things that were once attributed to God or Magic or supernatural power, we know have different explanations.

What if it was a whole team of Gods who created it??? Or that it wasn't just created on it's own??? Or just always existed??? Or even that it is what we think it is and not some weird Simulation in a Giant Galactic Super Computer named "Deep Thought"???

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

How do I know he created it??? Since he's not here to tell me personally or to verify such a claim it's just a guess like any other.

that doesn't really matter much... its here, so are we... so why not just roll with it?

Also, we know now that things that were once attributed to God or Magic or supernatural power, we know have different explanations.

Sure, we're learning... perhaps even evolving...

What if it was a whole team of Gods who created it???

I would say there would be confusion... anarchy....

Similar to ancient times I suppose... Though it seems we're getting back to that point slowly

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Religion?

I thought we were talking about God...

Sure, but you can't talk about god without talking about man made religion. god doesn't speak for himself, his divine word was interpreted by men. written by men, taught by men, proselytized by men. From an evidentiary perspective, god is someone else's bag man. i.e. there's nothing to support the existence of a divine, omnipotent being aside from the word of bronze age priests who just happened to be the only literate guys on the block which put them firmly in control of god and gods wants and needs and thus what god wanted from man. it's a fine formula for control.

No, as I have not witnessed the creation of all you describe therefore the onus would be upon your god to "show himself" and demonstrate his true self/nature.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Sure, but you can't talk about god without talking about man made religion.

One could have a conversation about God without using the limits of religions based around people who may have known something about God in the past...

god doesn't speak for himself, his divine word was interpreted by men. written by men, taught by men, proselytized by men. From an evidentiary perspective, god is someone else's bag man. i.e. there's nothing to support the existence of a divine, omnipotent being aside from the word of bronze age priests who just happened to be the only literate guys on the block which put them firmly in control of god and gods wants and needs and thus what god wanted from man. it's a fine formula for control.

Actually he does speak for himself... which I said in my initial post...

Though it is true that most people learn about "God" though man made religions which are about control for the most part, and always have been...

No, as I have not witnessed the creation of all you describe therefore the onus would be upon your god to "show himself" and demonstrate his true self/nature.

Perhaps you should open your eyes and look around a bit... You witness creation every second of your life...

You're witnessing it now as you read this.... *waves*

edit on 1-7-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

that doesn't really matter much... its here, so are we... so why not just roll with it?

Well it matters because there are so many insisting upon it and insisting that everyone also believe it too. If, like mwood above explained, that everyone just agreed that none of us know, then that would be fine. But not everyone does. Some are very aggressive sometimes even that everyone else believe the way they believe and they even claim to absolutely know it.

Sure, we're learning... perhaps even evolving...

I'm good with that too. But like I said above, some are incredibly intense that what you said isn't true and more importantly that everyone else must also say it isn't true as well.

I would say there would be confusion... anarchy....

Similar to ancient times I suppose... Though it seems we're getting back to that point slowly

Seems pretty confusing to me right now too. I'm not sure whether a lesser amount of Gods is really the problem in this case. Be it one or one hundred, anarchy and confusion seem to be unavoidable.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Well it matters because there are so many insisting upon it and insisting that everyone also believe it too.

So... Let them insist...

Doesn't change anything accept for the fact that it annoys people...

If, like mwood above explained, that everyone just agreed that none of us know, then that would be fine. But not everyone does. Some are very aggressive sometimes even that everyone else believe the way they believe and they even claim to absolutely know it.

Yup... And some even throw threats at you if you don't believe what they do...

I find that rather insecure, but that's just me...

I'm good with that too. But like I said above, some are incredibly intense that what you said isn't true and more importantly that everyone else must also say it isn't true as well.

My personal favorites are the ones that call you a Satanist if you don't agree with their own personal theology...

Seems pretty confusing to me right now too. I'm not sure whether a lesser amount of Gods is really the problem in this case. Be it one or one hundred, anarchy and confusion seem to be unavoidable.

Its very confusing if one follows a religion...

Well of course unless that person is prone to Follow instead of question... which is the case with most of the Abrahamic religion peoples

edit on 1-7-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Can't argue with you there.

If only everyone was as accepting as you this world would run a whole lot smoother in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
OP you are following mans version of God find God yourself don't let religion cloud your relationship with God.
Just BE and you will bump into God.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If you do happen to bump into him, do the rest of us a favor and remind him that there are a few billion people that have been looking everywhere for him for a couple thousand years, give or take and that it would really help to smooth out some nasty wrinkles if he'd drop in once in a while. Because lately, things have been getting a bit rocky and out of hand and nobody seems to be able figure out what's what anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You mean synchronicity? Cause I expierience that regularly. And I love it! And it makes me feel good, but I don't know If it's Jesus' or some other positive entity.....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

You are missing the point of just being but it isn't up to me to preach or owt like religious so I will just leave it as that.
edit on 1-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Who are you talking to?

And how do you connect Jesus to synchronicity?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

As long as I'm not condescended to, or have it pushed on me, I could really care less. Though I've never quite understood zeal. That's something that raises my eyebrow

Yes, thats one of my issues with current society, just mind your own please........religion is such a joke....this earth is here for us yet were mostly concerned about each other instead of ourselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yah I know...I was just sorta joking around there ya know. Guess I should have put one these
after it.

I actually agree with the "Just Be" philosophy. Like a Leaf on the River of Life as they say.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If your willing to listen, I believe Jesus speaks to us through Synchronocity, using symbols and numbers directly related to the thoughts and prayers you have at the time.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Who are you talking to?

Everybody.....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I just have this issue with using the reply button...

You may have noticed... *twitch*

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join