It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must we all trust in only faith? And how do the people who know, know?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Because it's there.

Clark Kent was confronted by a mystery. He didn't seek it out, it sought him out. During the course of unraveling it, he found his deepest identity.

What really made him a hero was, he didn't run from it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Because it's there.

Clark Kent was confronted by a mystery. He didn't seek it out, it sought him out. During the course of unraveling it, he found his deepest identity.

What really made him a hero was, he didn't run from it.

I disagree. What made him a hero isn't how he used his power, it's how he didn't use it. He could have owned the entire galaxy, but he chose to spend his days masquerading as a simple reporter and his nights protecting those who could not protect themselves. He could have been hailed as a god, but he chose to be human in all the ways that really mattered.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

I disagree. What made him a hero isn't how he used his power, it's how he didn't use it.

How he didn't use the power of his legs to run from the mystery, he didn't use the power of his mind to indulge in denial, he didn't use the power of attachment to cling to Smallville, to what he thought he was. He let go.

The Buddha could have owned the entire Galaxy too. So could Jesus. Every person who discovers their inner Superman is assulted by the same tempations Clark faced.

Clark is an exaggerated mystical metaphor.

edit on 789Wednesday000000America/ChicagoJul000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

How he didn't use the power of his legs to run from the mystery, he didn't use the power of his mind to indulge in denial, he didn't use the power of attachment to cling to Smallville, to what he thought he was. He let go.

What mystery, exactly?

The Buddha could have owned the entire Galaxy too. So could Jesus.

Nah, I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

What mystery, exactly?

The mystery that the ship represents. The sci-fi/comic book genre is coded mysticism, full of symbolic forms and somewhat accurate exaggerations. Just as religion is.

Nah, I don't think so.

Perhaps not, but what matters is whether you think you can, and what you do then.

I've faced that same temptation, according to my meager measure, to abuse my inner Superman, and failed to resist it.

edit on 796Wednesday000000America/ChicagoJul000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Text ATS has thrown my religious standing into a loop. How come God can't DIRECTLY and personally address his most heartfelt believers?

I understand you. The very first thing you must do is to know exactly what God has given you as a gift. The first Christians understood the gifts of God to His church but this has now been denied by the organized religions of today. I am quite old and have seen the gifts of God manifested for the past eight five years of my life. Now this is not to say that you or I can demand any gift from God but it is to say that we can seek those who have the gifts of God. The gifts of God were given to His children as tools to fight the devil or edify God.

1Corinthians 12:4-11
(4) Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
(5) And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
(6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
(7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
(8) For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
(9) To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
(10) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
(11) But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Seek these gifts from God and seek those who have these gifts. The Holy Spirit of God is the giver and taker but His church will have these twelve men endowed with these tools of power from God. Learn what the true church of Jesus is and be aware of those who teach a different doctrine than that of Christ Jesus.

How do you get God's attention? You don't have to be concerned with that because God already knows you and what you need. You may feel as though you are walking alone but you are not walking alone. Just remember that what you think you need may not be what you really need. The children of God actually know because they have the gifts of God or they have seen the gifts manifested.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Perhaps not, but what matters is whether you think you can, and what you do then.

I've faced that same temptation, according to my meager measure, to abuse my inner Superman, and failed to resist it.

Sometimes capability and necessity are inversely proportionate.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And sometimes Superman just drops in to see what condition his condition is in.

Sometimes he trips on a cloud and falls-a eight miles high
He tears his mind on a jagged sky.

If he goes crazy then, will you still call him Superman?

edit on 816Wednesday000000America/ChicagoJul000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And sometimes Superman just drops in to see what condition his condition is in.

Sometimes he trips on a cloud and falls-a eight miles high
He tears his mind on a jagged sky.

If he goes crazy then, will you still call him Superman?

I don't see how that answers the question.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You didn't ask a question.

I did, though.

edit on 829WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoJuluWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You didn't ask a question.

I did, though.

The topic IS a question. Care to return to it?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Lets take it from the top. What is it you want to know?

edit on 845WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoJuluWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Lets take it from the top. What is it you want to know?

As you said, take it from the top. What do you see at the top of the page? The title of the thread. There's your starting point.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

'Why must we all trust only in faith?'

'How do people who know, come to know?'

I answered the second question earlier in this thread. In so doing, I answered the first. We don't have to trust only in faith. We can KNOW.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Namaste, friend. God is not human, nor are you human. A human being is a race of beings created in the 3rd Dimensional world. Our way of perception and communications is entirely different than in the higher worlds. So in order to connect your consciousness to say, Master Jesus, you must raise your consciousness higher. As I've said before, God doesn't come to you, you come to God. Another way to say it is, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

So why do I say you are not human either? Because when you are born here, the Spirit of God came into your physical existence. Through the physical eyes, you are a human. But within yourself, you are God. Your job is to realize that you are not just some human, but is God experiencing the Universe in a physical form.

Coming back to raising your consciousness in order to communicate with the Masters and Angels, you must seek Divine Love from inside of you. You see, everything and everyone in the Universe are made of Love. I am not talking about Love from the Egoistic Mind, but Unconditional Love from your Heart. Love God with all your might and Love all of Creation with every fiber of your being with no conditions. Bring in the Wisdom of God into your everyday life. Focus on the Power of Creation by healing, showing Divine Love, and playing like a child each day to all walks of life, including the Dung Beetle or the little plant in your yard. This will help you remember who you are and open the Lotus Flower of Oneness from within you.

May God's Divine Love and Wisdom be with you in every day of physical life.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join