Conflict in Ukraine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: victor7

Either way, EU wants to go ahead and put more sanctions on Russia if situation in S-E Ukraine does not calm down i.e. surrender by the pro-Russian elements of their cause of own nation or joining Russia.

Nice bit of main stream conditioning there.

Blaming the victims. Blaming Russia. "Frozen conflict" is really a siege laid on the parts of Ukraine that were first to show signs of independence (through referendums) from Kiev. They are being set up as an example to the rest of the country. Like a bully beats a kid on the playground to get all the rest in line.

The victims being cut off from even food and water as they endure military heavy weapons barrages don't want to "join Russia" as you put it, they just don't want to belong to a government ruled by Nazi thugs. Big difference.

Although I agree, assuming the separatists are successful that would mean a splintered Ukraine. You will than have a split where one becomes overly dependent on the west/EU and the other Russia. Freedom from either side is an impossibility at this point unless Ukraine united as one against those who seek to usurp them. They are a faaaaaaaaar way off from unification.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Southern Cauldron, border with Russia
Remains of 72nd Ukraine Army Brigade. Completely annihilation with precise use of GRAD MRLS.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
interesting analysis of battlefield events. Not far from truth in my opinion.

SATURDAY, JULY 26, 2014

The Mouse Trap-Battle of Ukraine
It might seem like a strange headline, but the war in Ukraine really is over already. Some wars have their ending written the moment they are started - the fighting and dying being the interlude between the two. Take for example World War II. Hitler was warned by his Generals not to start the war in 1939, because Germany's rearmament was not ready and the prospect of over extension was obvious. Hitler didn't listen, and the moment German tanks crossed the Polish border the war was lost - for Germany. The case is remarkably the same here.

rocksolidpolitics.blogspot.com.au...

ADMIN EDIT: DO NOT PASTE ENTIRE ARTICLES, OR LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEXT, FROM OTHER WEBSITES.
edit on 29-7-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Kiev forces deserted into Russia to avoid slaughter house in Southern Cauldron

Russia opened humanitarian corridor for wounded Kiev soldiers

On the Russian-Ukrainian border in the Rostov region opened a humanitarian corridor to evacuate the wounded Ukrainian soldiers. On the night of July 27, Ukraine handed over to the border crossings more than 20 wounded and two killed

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
hundreds of Cossacs returned to Dombass to fight against Kiev forces

NAF forces in high spirit before another battle

large convoy of NAF reinforcement heading to the battle

edit on 27-7-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Ukrainian Paratrooper Tells About the Real Situation in the Army and at the Front.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Alleged leaked documents about catastrophic desertions and losses in the Ukrainian Army – Official Ukrainian Reports, July 19, 2014

Header Left: 
Security Service of Ukraine. 
16, Malopidvalna St., 
Kiev, 01601
Tel: 226-25-64, 256-97-32, July 19 2014, 
No. 5/2/2-1331

Header right: 
Absolutely Confidential (Addendum 1)
Personally to the President of Ukraine, P.A. Poroshenko

Handwritten Across the Top:
”To continue until Victory!”
Signed V.O. Nalyvaichenko 20/7 [July 20]

I am reporting.

In the period from July 14th to 19th, 2014 we witnessed a catastrophic increase (of 3473 people, or 47%) in the number of deserters in the units of the Army and the National Guard – in comparison with last week’s numbers (1847 people, 25%).
 Apart from that, during the stated period the number of missing in action had increased as well (1344 people, 47%, last week – 344 people, 10%).

This phenomenon is connected to increased activity of the enemy in the Donetsk and the Lugansk regions as well as to the increase in the numbers of casualties in the ranks of the above-mentioned structures. 
This fact [negatively] influences the combat-worthiness of the personnel and makes continuation of the ATO impossible. In the event the negative trend continues at the same level, I estimate that 2/3 of the active combat military units currently participating in the ATO will simply cease to exist in as little as 4 to 5 days.

With the aim of preserving the combat potential of our military structures, I am proposing that we perform a withdrawal maneuver of our militarily units to the area around Dobropil’ya and Smolyaninove. After replenishment of the ammunition stocks, re-grouping as well as rotation of the personnel by at least 60%, we can continue the offensive.

Signed,
The Head of the Ukrainian Security Service of Ukraine,
V. Nalyvaichenko

Agreed,
The head of the Antiterrorist Centre of the Security Service,
B. Hrytsak

… We admit the possibility that all the fighters have been purged by the separatists.

In view of the concentration of a large number of fighters near the airport, as well as a lack of prospects in conducting an evacuation of the members of the National Guard from the Donetsk airport, I propose to withdraw the units of the Ukrainian military to the area of Avdeevka in order to regroup them for a further attack against the forces of the separatists.

An Accounting of the Losses among the Ukrainian Military, the Militants and the Civilians in the Donetsk and the Lugansk regions (for the period from July 9-15, 2014)

TOTAL UKRAINIAN LOSSES

Killed in Action: 1600
Wounded in Action: 4723
Tanks: 35
Armoured Battle Vehicles: 96
Artillery: 38
Aircraft: 7
Helicopters: 2
Automobiles: 104
TOTAL MILITIA LOSSES

Killed in Action: 48
Wounded in Action: 64
Tanks: 2
Armoured Battle Vehicles: 0
Artillery: 5
Automobiles: 8
TOTAL CIVILIAN LOSSES

Killed: 496
Wounded: 762
SIGNED & SUBMITTED BY: Arsen Avakov (Minister of Interior) and V. Gritsak (Head of the ATO)
edit on 27-7-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Mykolaiv - Ukraine July 27, 2014. Relatives of soldiers in the 79th airmobile crew of the Ukrainian army surrounded near Donetsk were dispersed by police. Relatives demanded the return of their sons home

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Sverdolsk, Lugansk region, 27/07/14

result of GRAD shelling on position of Kiev forces

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Amvrosievka. Ukr. Soldiers from 72nd Mech. Brigade tell their story about the war.
Translated.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

SS.. hmmm was wondering why Sergei Glazyev called them nazi's in one of his speeches. Its a very strange world at moment, hard to know who is who.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
Sverdolsk, Lugansk region, 27/07/14

result of GRAD shelling on position of Kiev forces

What is the ridiculous music in this video supposed to be for....? Why was it even added in, in the first place, I wonder...
edit on 29-7-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here you go I would like to add this to your thread...

Severodonetsk residents recall occupiers’ brutality

SEVERODONETSK, Ukraine – When three Russian-backed separatists with Kalashnikovs turned up at Yuliy Krasiuk’s shop last month, he told them he didn’t want their protection. “There’s no-one I need protecting from except for you guys,” he recalls telling them.
He was right.

The gunmen got angry with his response and plundered Krasiuk’s shop of used consumer electronics. They took his car and detained him for two days until his wife paid nearly $2,000 for his release.

Now, Krasiuk is celebrating after Ukrainian soldiers on July 22 liberated the Luhansk Oblast city of 110,000 residents. His story is being repeated across eastern Ukraine in recent weeks, as Ukraine’s army frees one city after another from occupation by armed Kremlin-backed guerillas and Russian mercenaries.

The big prizes – control of the provincial capitals of Donetsk and Luhansk – are left for the Ukrainian government to take amid reports of fierce fighting this week.

While some in the liberated cities supported the Russian-backed guerillas most say they suffered extortion, violence and intolerance.

www.kyivpost.com...

Why won't you post things like this along with the one sided posts you are doing now?

Shouldn't ATS hear from both sides instead of just one?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Here you go I would like to add this to your thread...

Severodonetsk residents recall occupiers’ brutality

SEVERODONETSK, Ukraine – When three Russian-backed separatists with Kalashnikovs turned up at Yuliy Krasiuk’s shop last month, he told them he didn’t want their protection. “There’s no-one I need protecting from except for you guys,” he recalls telling them.
He was right.

The gunmen got angry with his response and plundered Krasiuk’s shop of used consumer electronics. They took his car and detained him for two days until his wife paid nearly $2,000 for his release.

Now, Krasiuk is celebrating after Ukrainian soldiers on July 22 liberated the Luhansk Oblast city of 110,000 residents. His story is being repeated across eastern Ukraine in recent weeks, as Ukraine’s army frees one city after another from occupation by armed Kremlin-backed guerillas and Russian mercenaries.

The big prizes – control of the provincial capitals of Donetsk and Luhansk – are left for the Ukrainian government to take amid reports of fierce fighting this week.

While some in the liberated cities supported the Russian-backed guerillas most say they suffered extortion, violence and intolerance.

www.kyivpost.com...

Why won't you post things like this along with the one sided posts you are doing now?

Shouldn't ATS hear from both sides instead of just one?

Everyone is welcome to contribute.
Also a note, most of stuff I post here are facts and events recorded by people from the conflict zone, Kiev parliament,
Western Ukraine, etc. Can you deny any of them?
What you just posted is a fair tale article from Kyiv Post aiming to boost moral of Kiev forces who are currently facing heavy losses, increasing number of deserters, betrayal...
Who can prove what was written is true? No one.
Youtube clips are the best real source of current events in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
According to CNN, Kiev is now using short-range ballistic missiles against NAF.
Thanks God they do not have nuclear weapons.

edit on 29-7-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
destroyed Kiev forces block post between Shahtersk and Torez.
There are major fights in Shahtersk right now. This town is a very important strategic point.
Kiev forces are trying to take it over and cut supply line between Donetsk and Lugansk.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Member of Ukrainian Parliament and leader of Radical Party of Ukraine Oleg Lyashko, kidnapping man at gun point in front of his wife and daughter. Lyashko has his own para military formation consisting of hardcore nationalists.
I believe nazi battalion Azov is under his control as well.
A page or 2 back I posted his involvement of kidnapping a man in Slavyansk. He also post his criminal activities on his youtube channel.
Lyashko is quite known for his criminal past. In 1993 he was arrested for theft of state property, a year later he was sentenced to six years in prison for fraud, and this year the Crimea authorities started a case on suspicion of pedophile actions and forcing minors into sexual relationship.

This is Ukraine today, these are people in power in Ukraine today

edit on 29-7-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
never published BBC report, worth seeing

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join