It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to center some information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hi, I am a 31 y/o senior software engineer from Brazil.

I love to study conspiracy theories and compare them to find the common points on theories/religions/philosophies, etc.

I have a theory myself that most of the theories/religions/philosophies tell the same story but with little differences, little twists and if we could associate all theories together, we could get close to the truth and start to notice some disinformation patterns.

So I am thinking about building a system where we could compare those things and compute data, mine data from there. A system where people can feed from anywhere on the globe and contribute with information to make the data more precise. The system would be based on a matrix of statements vs theories. Let me give some examples:

Mainstream Physics
World is a prison: No
There is a god: No
God is flesh and bones: NULL
God is imposing himself as a deity: NULL
There are reincarnation: No
There are multiple dimensions: No
Time is linear: Yes
Soul exists: No
Soul is immortal: NULL
Aliens exist: No

Quantum Physics
There is a god: No
God is flesh and bones: NULL
God is imposing himself as a deity: NULL
There are reincarnation: ?
There are multiple dimensions: Yes
Time is linear: No
Soul exists: ?
Soul is immortal: NULL

Scientology
World is a prison: Yes
There is a god: Yes
God is flesh and bones: Yes
God is imposing himself as a deity: Yes
There are reincarnation: Yes
There are multiple dimensions: ?
Time is linear: ?
Soul exists: Yes
Soul is immortal: Yes
Aliens exist: Yes

WingMakers.com
World is a prison: Yes
God is flesh and bones: Yes
God is imposing himself as a deity: Yes
There are reincarnation: Yes
There are multiple dimensions: Yes
Time is linear: No
Aliens exist: Yes

Christianism
God is flesh and bones: No
God is imposing himself as a deity: No
There are reincarnation: No
There are multiple dimensions: No
Time is linear: Yes

And so on.

With that information on a single database, in simple nullable booleans (true, false or null) we could generate charts and graphics about the data and check, for example, what percentage of theories believe in god, believe in soul, aliens, sin, multidimensions, infinite universe, etc. You can name it.

The main idea is that a group of people would be responsible for approving data input (like moderators) and the whole community feeding the system with data.

So, Is there already anything like that somewhere or maybe I can create it and gather some people to help and contribute?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: programad

The idea of combining several different routes of philosophical, ideological and scientific thinking into one hybrid theory, is not at all unique, and is always ugly.

It is far better to try and link a faith with a philosophy for matters of heart, and of spirit, and to use the logic and reason that are the mainstay of science, for every other thing.

For example, faith, no matter which one you happen to relate to most, can tell you precisely nothing about the nature of the atom.

Similarly, science can tell you nothing of the nature of the human soul.

This is why it is best to have both elements in your life, and let them have as little to do with one another as possible!

edit on 30-6-2014 by TrueBrit because: Corrected spelling mistake.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Welcome, and best wishes.

we could generate charts and graphics about the data and check, for example, what percentage of theories believe in god, believe in soul, aliens, sin, multidimensions, infinite universe, etc. You can name it.
? Would you consider finding out what percentage of the world believes in a particular theory?

It may also be difficult to learn what a particular theory actually does believe in. For example, Catholics are the largest single group of Christians, and they have no objection to the existence of aliens. Like anyone else who is serious about these things, their position is "We don't know yet."

And when you have gathered this information, and sorted it by percentage of something, what will that tell us? probably not which theory is right, but which theory is most accepted.

Anyway, sounds like a fun project and I wish you the best with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Cool. I can already tell you that most conspiracy theories with NWO, Illuminati, Satanism come from crazy holy rollers. Meaning Christianity would be the root of most of the more outlandish and paranoid ones.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: programad

The main idea is that a group of people would be responsible for approving data input (like moderators) and the whole community feeding the system with data.

So, Is there already anything like that somewhere or maybe I can create it and gather some people to help and contribute?

That would be the Council of Nine....

www.floating-world.org...

Some poo poo their existance...they do so at their own peril!!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I notice religious texts aren't mentioned. There go half your participants. I understand why they are not mentioned… instant infighting about this and that text, version, meaning.

You want to start a Holy war go ahead and unite the worlds religions under one banner, roof, "program". Theres enough bloodshed along sectarian lines already.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The study of theology or religions in general can be one topic to explore in performing your business case. I am not sure what types of software tools and services are available in this area but there is interest for it around the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If I understand your proposal, it sounds interesting.

Would be willing to participate.

Thx.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Your idea is commendable. I hope you really get something out of it, if you can get it off the ground.

I've always felt the scientific community and the religious community should remain in such close proximity that one could look over the other's shoulder. Instead, everyone seems to want to kill each other or push away. It's really more a matter of darkening up that line of separation ... not the "creation" *pun intended* of space *counter-pun intended*.

-Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

but why would you include cult/scams like wingmakers and scientology?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Good idea. I think you could use c&v or difference of proportions statistical testing for some of the stuff u wanna do.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

but why would you include cult/scams like wingmakers and scientology?

Why not? Nobody have proof that those are wrong. NOBODY (internet text isn't proof). And I have a feeling that all cult/scams/religions/phylosophies/sciences/ancient writings/religious texts/traditions/movies (you name it) tell the same story, with little differences, from a bit different point of view and the truth lies on the common points between all of them. Maybe the differences are disinformation, lies, manipulation stuff, etc. Or maybe the other way around.

The point is there is no way to tell what the result of the output would be until it is well feeded.

The intention is not to create a holy war, nor create a new religion, it is just data computing.

I always felt that "there is something wrong" or hidden in the wrold and have this idea for a software for quite a few years but only now I am opening my heart about it.

new topics

top topics

join