It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream - Iroquois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So...I had a dream. And I was in a beautiful forest as I usually am...But it's different. The trees go straight up to a canopy and light streams down when it can and causes patches of very beautiful flowers and I love this place because it's like the valley I grew up exploring. Suddenly I see a valley and within it is a statue much like buddah but then I am transported among suit types and all I remember from the dream is the word "Iroquois"...It's repeated over and over like I should remember it for some reason...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

Deep calls to depth ..etc.

You should really look into your true roots.

Cheers
edit on 30-6-2014 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

My true roots are muddled indeed...My dear mum, believed in UFOs and such, saw 'em at least three times before she passed ( she was from eastern europe) and my dad told tales of my GFF who had double rows of teeth. I don't know what to believe ...But I do think my roots are with nature...Thank you!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I assume you already knew the iroquois are Native Americans?

Look a little deeper in your family origins, maybe?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yep...I knew that, but it seems odd since my father's line comes from W.VA then way back to VA. I've traced the family line all the way back to the 1600's believe it or not...says we came from royalty...Bah..If we've got NA blood I'm so happy. They were the true keepers of these lands.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Bah..If we've got NA blood I'm so happy. They were the true keepers of these lands.

So true. I'm a gutter mix of all european, the whitest trash…

ETA: But my genealogy can't tell me who I've aspired to be.
edit on 30-6-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

LOL...I'd be so happy to be Native American since I'm as pasty white as it gets and I agree...we can always aspire...I've no special affinity for my heritage as I've found it. Buncha alcoholics and weirdos...That being said I am proudly carrying the family traits but they'll likely die with me since I am an only child and have no children...Alas no future alcoholics and weirdos...the world weeps...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What has been the best method you used to trace down your family that far?

Just curious/ =) I might want to look into my past as far as I can. My grandmother and aunt traced back to the late 1700s I believe- but I wanna go even farther with it.

Good thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

That was funny. You seem to have risen above your lineage quite well with your awareness.

I declare you human.

Carry on…

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That was funny. You seem to have risen above your lineage quite well with your awareness.

I declare you human.

Carry on…

Lol. I am getting pictures in my mind of the Bene Gesserit of the novel Dune when I real this post. Testing if the being has moved beyond animal to human.

OP maybe you are supposed to seek wisdom among the native Americans if you feel an urge to do it?

edit on 1-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Common Good

The best resource I've found is the US GenWebs and Ancestry dot com. GenWebs allows you to search by state and county and luckily very distant relatives of mine had already done a lot of piecing together. The forums are great for connecting with others too. I was lucky enough on my dad's side to have descended from a somewhat historically well known pioneer group in WVA so was able to get a lot of info.

On my mum's side I haven't even been able to find the passenger list for the ship that my grandmother came over on in 1918 and I'm pretty sure they botched the spelling of her last name when she got here. Pretty much a dead end on that side.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

LOL! Thanks, though some days after getting a head full of news and politics - being called human sort of feels like an insult.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That might be a good idea...I'll have to look into that.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

LOL! Thanks, though some days after getting a head full of news and politics - being called human sort of feels like an insult.

I should have said Human Being. Despite what occurs around us our heart remains human. We know that because what we see (mans inhumanity to man) pains our heart.

Ever see Little Big Man? If you like movies…[yvid]gvDoT0HiCyI[uvid]

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Give anything enough time, and you will produce results.

thanks for the info - good luck

top topics

join