It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wal*Mart Pushing an Anti-American Agenda? Or, Just Oblivious?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My wife and I were strolling through our local wallyworld, today and I saw this...

Does this say "Death to America" to you, too? Or, have I misinterpreted the image?

I recall a big stink being made over a certain blue jeans company's commercial a few years back. Does this fit the same criteria and agenda?

What say you?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Pretty sweet design, if you ask me. Now, if there was some turban-sporting dude with a shotgun to Lady Liberty's head, I'd be inclined to agree. But no, people just like skulls and American flags.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Does this say "Death to America" to you, too? Or, have I misinterpreted the image?

Not to me. It seems to say "America is dead."

Which things going as they are is almost true.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Naw, the skull image is just really popular right now.
Looks kind of cool, actually.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The shirt is simply saying that the new Roman army can kill anyone it wants.
Trying to push an agenda of US arrogance, I for one do not see things this way.
Another thing to note...
I would bet my left...hell both of them, that this shirt is NOT made in the US.
Only ignorant teenage boys buy this garbage..Well, also ....slow adults too.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

So, subtlety be damned? Do you think they would make it that obvious?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
...some turban-sporting dude with a shotgun to Lady Liberty's head...

Are you implying that it would be an enemy from within? When I picture your "dudes in turbans" [sic], I can't say that a shotgun would be their weapon of choice, in any stretch. An AK, most likely, or a rusty machete, perhaps, but not a shotgun...

An interesting image that you have painted...!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
The shirt is simply saying that the new Roman army can kill anyone it wants.
Trying to push an agenda of US arrogance, I for one do not see things this way.
Another thing to note...
I would bet my left...hell both of them, that this shirt is NOT made in the US.
Only ignorant teenage boys buy this garbage..Well, also ....slow adults too.

So, you believe that the Vatican is behind the NWO?

As for it's origin, it was in hindsight, that I wished I would have checked the tag, but I would bet that you are right. And it was not made here...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Naw, the skull image is just really popular right now.
Looks kind of cool, actually.

For $3.88 + tax U.S. you could have one of your very own!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ermahgerd yur rite its those pinkocommies at Wallmurt trying to bring down 'Murca wit satanic NWO threds !

Or... It could just be a really tasteless teeshirt. Exactly how effective do you envision Wallmarts Anti-american-agenda-through-use-of-ugly teeshirt to be ? And why would they be working against their main client ? Don't forget that no one is better at buying low-quality discount trash than 'murcans. Wallmart certainly doesn't. This horrific teeshirt is testimony to that.

edit on 30-6-2014 by Ismail because: he can't spell

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I thought you were headed a totally different direction when I saw the title.

Their corporate model and imperialistic strategies that kill competition is what's pushing anti-American values. If a Chinese immigrant family came in and did the same thing instead of the Waltons, conservatives would never have defended them as champions of "free enterprise".

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I guess it would be the same if you had a t-shirt with a picture of all the congressmen. On one hand, you're suggesting Congress is something to be proud of, but on the other hand, you arguing for corruption, cronyism, inefficiency, and more.

At the end of the day, I suppose anything can be made out to be subversive or evil, but I'm more worried about people getting educated than some t-shirt with a design.

Shirts don't kill people - people kill people!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
WHAT? Wal-Mart, anti-'Murican? Naw man, not at all.

Wal-Mart is about as American as you can get.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sure...a much more likely scenario is they are just following basic marketing and skulls and flags (around july 4) sell to young boys.

I can show you 30 skateboards I had that had some combo of the flag and a skull (either a human or animal) .

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wal Mart has been putting small local family owned businesses out of business from the start; preventing our growth. Now it seems they are just rubbing it in our faces on another cheap foreign made product.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It's a t-shirt.

That's all.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail
Ermahgerd yur rite its those pinkocommies at Wallmurt trying to bring down 'Murca wit satanic NWO threds !

I may be a dumb hillbilly redneck, but I never said that... They could be simply mounting their surfboard on the same wave as those who are!

Exactly how effective do you envision Wallmarts Anti-american-agenda-through-use-of-ugly teeshirt to be ? And why would they be working against their main client ? Don't forget that no one is better at buying low-quality discount trash than 'murcans.

How many would it take? I didn't search the entire store and their website for more merchandise that gave me a creepy feeling when I saw it. But, who knows how much more exists? If, in fact, it is part of some agenda.

And, while you may shop at high-end clothing boutiques or just call your tailor out to the mansion, some of us can only afford $4.00 tees and $10.00 britches, so...

Or... It could just be a really tasteless teeshirt.

Could be! Hence the thread and subsequent discussion...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Sure...a much more likely scenario is they are just following basic marketing and skulls and flags (around july 4) sell to young boys.

That is a possibility, but these were in the Men's section, in sizes Small - XXXL

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

That is a possibility, but these were in the Men's section, in sizes Small - XXXL

Go to an Ozzfest or any other concert like that in the summer and see a billion shirts with the design on that shirt.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

Go to an Ozzfest or any other concert like that in the summer and see a billion shirts with the design on that shirt.

No disrespect to the great and powerful Ozz, but that would seem to imply a specific demographic, and headbangers are few and far inbetween, around these parts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join