It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Dolphin. A wood carving by me..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hello,

Always great to be invited into your world

This s a cherry wood carving I made for my Mrs. . It's two sided as a lot of my work is, I hope you folks enjoy it.

I carved this in under a week from a plank of cherry I have seasoned for over six years from a good friend who own a winery. The piece was carved in about a week finish in a day. The eye of the visible dolphin is a yellow 1/2 carat diamond set it onyx which came from a family hierloom.

I carved this for Mrs. Tree for a commemoration of her swim with these powerful creatures and her very real awakening into their world of reality and ours, such natural power and grace, not unlike our own.

Cheers!

edit on 30-6-2014 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Really nice!
I like they way you captured the motion of a swimming animal, in the sweeping grain of the wood.
Do you have other work you can share?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Great job. Half carrot diamond...When you guys die, I bet someone buys the dolphin at an estate sale for five bucks tops. Better write on the back that it contains a real diamond.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's beautiful! And very thoughtful! Mrs. Tree is a lucky timber...

link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Thank you very much, I appreciate the comment it lets me know I'm on the right path.

I have only shared an angel carving and a blurry few others, I'm working on it. Honestly I have been in the habit of passing most my work to others after completion.

I like to think the works I do make are a blessing to the folks they speak too, if you look close enough you may get a glimpse of my soul or being and my heart to others and you.

Cheers to you and yours, continued peace.

link   
Beautiful!
The first side reminds me of Tlingit/Haida art.
Your wife is a lucky woman!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Lol, value is in the nature of an objects desire.

Not everything will speak to everybody, I got some dark work for you...lol

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for your kind words, I'm a lucky tree, without her I would wither.

My lady really is the sunshine and water to my garden building.

Much peace surround you and yours.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I was going for the native look at first but then the opportunity of the other side came in.

I have some weak blood, but not enough to really make claim, not enough to have a conscience as a national Canadian really though eh?

Thanks so much, and may you see a bounty of good times and fortune in the near future for you and those whom surround you.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oh, it's just beautiful! Great craftsmanship!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You ought to establish a line of designs for a bunch of "spirit critters" and make necklaces and sell them. I know a lot of people who would be willing to pay money for something like that.
edit on 30-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you very much.

I try to put care into everything I do.

Much happiness.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I never have charged or make money off my art, I only want it to out live me a couple hundred years lol.

That's the main thing to me really lasting sentiment, a continuation of a feeling a blessing or a curse if I'm being honest.

Cheers to you and those you cherish, may you find much strength for the journey.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Treespeaker

I never have charged or make money off my art, I only want it to out live me a couple hundred years lol.

That's the main thing to me really lasting sentiment, a continuation of a feeling a blessing or a curse if I'm being honest.

Cheers to you and those you cherish, may you find much strength for the journey.

I figure there's nothing wrong with giving a man a few dollars to grease the wheel for his next round of fantastic wood carvings. Very little is free these days...
edit on 30-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What a great gift.

You know, come to think of it, all of my favorite
gifts are hand-made...you've inspired me now.

And thx for sharing

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That's true, and I am in a place of major transition in my life, at the cusp if you will and cash is "king"...

Their are and have been crazy things I have done for a dollar, skills aren't the trouble and never have been, for me it's the vibe....the truth of a thing and the money less.

If I could build for you a ten foot statue of your choosing for two hundred, I would see the universal lesson taught lol, it's not harsh and close to the heart.....then I would share real wealth with you a well that never runs dry and a path of no thirst.

Money may be necessary for the old man, and I use him.....but I am prepared for when he is dead and buried.

The long sight and the forever is what my sights are focused on, the sensitivity I have seen is a wave that will...and come shortly , come crashing down . I have a will to capture the transition of things.

Cheers to you and peace on the road and long journey!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

I really think so to, and if I spend some effort, I have never failed to see delight in folks eyes that I made effort for them...and sometimes it takes some tries.

Many good times and happiness to you!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I took wood carving many years ago. Your work is interesting, but it does not look like inlaid work...did you stain the crevasses?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is very beautiful! It reminds me of Pacific NW Native American carvings.

Also, a bit of Australian Aboriginal. Eta...

Thank you for posting!
edit on 30-6-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Nice job! I like the way the grain follows the body of the dolphin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join