It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Durbin: Obama Will 'Borrow the Power' to Solve Immigration

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

current law says: "get in line, go through the process, if you're here illegally, you get deported"

seems pretty simple, let's go with that...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Ok, which kind of deportation? Simple return? Or formal deportation?

Think about it clearly.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Oh, so you don't want him to do anything about immigration?

What exactly are is he supposed to do?

Congress will do nothing, if he follows the law your mad he isn't doing enough, if he asks for a better law to deal with illegal immigration your mad. if he signs an EO your mad.

What the hell is he supposed to do?

He orchestrated this crisis in order to force their hand. He breaks the law in order to get his way. He's not a leader, he's like a petulant child stamping his feet. He has no idea how to lead, other than using underhanded tactics and lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

-sigh-

there is no such thing as a "formal deportation"...there IS, however, such a thing as a "formal removal", which makes the person in question ineligible for a visa to return to the U.S.

deportation is the expulsion of a person from the country....stop trying to play word games.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tatanka

Relax, wipe the rage foam from your mouth, take a deep breath.

What is he supposed to do?

Obviously, current immigration laws are inadequate, and congress won't pass legislation that would give ICE the tools they need to do their jobs.

So what can he do?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You're right, but that doesnt give the president the power to do it. reply to: shaneslaughta

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

actually, current laws ARE adequate...the problem is they're not being enforced...if we did that, things would get better.

and besides, the congress isn't trying to cripple ICE, or keep them from doing their job...they're opposing the desire of certain people to completely neuter the current laws, to allow for MORE illegal immigration, and amnesty for the ones who are already here..

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Explain, clearly what do you mean by that?a reply to: HauntWok

edit on 1-7-2014 by LibertyPD32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

So your for simple removal. just drop them off cross the boarder so they can just come across again. wash rinse repeat. again and again.

Cause formal removal gives or nation of laws the tools to prosecute returns as felonies.

course it takes longer to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

and then they get to go to prison where we pay to house, feed, and clothe them.....because that's SUCH a better option...

if there was a caveat that allowed for execution upon illegal re-entry, that'd be great.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Take away the jobs and freebies and watch how quickly they self deport. They found the money to get here, they will find the money to return. Stop the anchor babies being citizens and you remove illegal parents from welfare.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Pretty much what I thought.

See with the simple return method of deportation there's no formal record. Might as well install a revolving door on the boarder.

Formal removal is better because there's a record. Then if the person returns, they can be formally charged, then removed, or jailed.

Your idea, however, well, genocide is usually frowned upon in civilized societies. The mass graves, the bad press, the concentration camps. Of course you don't want to pay to feed them, so starvation will do some of the work for you. But I think that some people will have issues with your mass killing plan.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

This is not borrowing congressional authority.

This is a coup-de-tat.

For being a constitutional law professor Obama is remarkably stupid in this area. I can only imagine his response, and the Dems for that matter, if the House of Representatives borrowed executive branch authority so they could sign off on legislation that Obama would have vetoed.

However, he may have shot himself in the foot with his comments in this area. His behavior and comments, imo, have met the established criteria in the Constitution for a treason charge.

* - By ignoring Congress, the Judicial and the American people one could argue he has declared war on the US citizens.

* - His inaction on immigration laws being enforced has led to an invasion on the Southern border.

* - The programs and foreign policy directives of this administration has shown US aid is being used to aid and comfort groups and nations that want to end the US existence.

What's starting to become very concerning for me is the manner and attitude he is now showing towards this topic. It's like he does not care he is violating the Constitution. That mindset is possibly telegraphing his intent to take further action using these methods. When an individual is in a situation that can result in massive consequences, they have a tendency to make up their mind and full speed ahead.

IE: Committed to a course of action knowing its wrong and not caring. If he does this with executive orders, and we have Dems trying to justify the illegal act, what other areas could he start using next?

Internet kill switch.
US Military.
outright ban on the 2nd amendment
outright ban on the 1st amendment

This is not a slippery slope scenario. This is take a running start and jumping off the slope and will not stop until they hit bottom.

Ive already sent my reps a letter asking about impeachment. Time to be heard people - contact your reps.

edit on 1-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Your idea, however, well, genocide is usually frowned upon in civilized societies. The mass graves, the bad press, the concentration camps. Of course you don't want to pay to feed them, so starvation will do some of the work for you. But I think that some people will have issues with your mass killing plan.

I mentioned earlier that this is where the immigration issue is headed.

We have a specific group of people that are so absolutely ignorant and racist that they want them deported and if they ever come back to our country.....let's kill em.

It's sad that it's 2014 and we still live among cavemen.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Bohner nor the Republicans are responsible for the stalemate in immigration reform

it all fall on the lap of this Administration & WH in particular
the WH has created the border crossing flood of kids & untold numbers of young MS13 gansta', along with Jihadists etc,
that WH orchestrated the chaos so that a 'immediate response' will be hastily thrown at the manipulated mess on the southern border...

all I heard for 10 minutes of BHO propaganda speech was how the opposition is stopping 'his' view of govt to operate..
its a "I assume Dictatorial status or I wreck the Republic" type of deal...

I pity the fools who were mesmerized by this radical for 2 voting cycles...I bet the IRS has the list secreted away, for now

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Interesting.

Can you explain how the WH caused this orchestrated this? I guess I haven't heard about that.

Also, do you have some information on these "jihadists"? Have they been detained and how did we find out about them entering the country?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Least it's nice to get SOME truth out of these people.

I mean sure, the whole exodus story is completely made up, fear mongering by extremist right wing media outlets.

but it does show these people for who and what they are.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Interesting.

Can you explain how the WH caused this orchestrated this? I guess I haven't heard about that.

Also, do you have some information on these "jihadists"? Have they been detained and how did we find out about them entering the country?

I won't hold your hand on this, but I will point you in the proper direction..

..He and others critics blame the Obama administration’s DREAM act, which has young people from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and other countries believing they can cross the border freely.

“When the president made a decision that he was not going to enforce immigration laws . . . he created a real magnet to pull in a great deal of new illegals, particularly children, who would qualify under the president’s own executive DREAM Act,” Issa told Fox.

this current mess was WH initiated in a WH memo(on or about 28 January, 2014) addressing the policy of taking out Space in South American newspapers about publicizing the Blanket Amnesty Policy to minors which cross into the USA...there will absolutely not be deportations back to the country they fled

‘Katrina’ of illegal immigrants flooding into border states daily
By Bob Fredericks and Post Wires
June 12, 2014 | 2:11am

see: nypost.com...

this is just one example... do a quick scan of the people from the tent-city...any likely Arabs there... now multiply this one pic by a thousand taken at the bus depots taking the youngsters to interior cities... add to this the 30,000 or more already released by the Border Patrol onto the streets of the USA instead of being deported... those 30k were documented criminals that had to be kid-gloved by this puke administration

there's your start... why haven't you ever been exposed to these facts... is it a case of turning a blind-eye to the WH misdeeds, errors or what---the info is readily available IF one cares to look at the info

edit on st31140423292401422014 by St Udio because: date of memo to flood the USA with youths

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
oops
edit on st31140423275001392014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Right, because a newscorp subsidiary is always a trusted news outlet.

Next time try the weekly world news maybe bat boy has something to do with it lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join