It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Durbin: Obama Will 'Borrow the Power' to Solve Immigration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The will of the people be damned! This Administration will decide our 'will'. They know best. And, yes! We are idiots, for allowing this to continue for a second term! We're only as smart as our dumbest voter.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: MarlinGrace

wasn't he that fella who got caught with drugs?

No he is the one that made a wrong turn in total darkness at the border with guns legally owned in this country in his truck. Not to smart for a trained marine, but never the less he needs to come home.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

No he is the one that made a wrong turn in total darkness at the border with guns legally owned in this country in his truck. Not to smart for a trained marine, but never the less he needs to come home.

And, he will. Just as soon as he swears allegiance to Allah!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

The will of the people be damned! This Administration will decide our 'will'. They know best. And, yes! We are idiots, for allowing this to continue for a second term! We're only as smart as our dumbest voter.

My Dear, Dear Friend SourGrapes, How have you been, it's been awhile sense I've heard from you in the threads here.
I most certainly hope All Is Well, with you and Your Family.

Now, you are very correct and Look, They are the Very Dumbest, they didn't listen to us and elected this Fool, This Want-A-Be King Twice!!!

edit on 30-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

And, he will. Just as soon as he swears allegiance to Allah!

Yup, and with Akbar in office I doubt they will ever make an effort. More than likely Camp Pendleton should get involved. You know the 100k petition was sign for the White House to take action but Akbar remains silent.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Because I know you would appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Obama has set a precedent with his "pen and phone" authoritarianism. We will see how well this goes over, when a republican president tries this on the liberals. Let's see how well they like it, when they hear "Sorry but the democrats are obstructing me. Time to get my pen and phone out".

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Oh, you are so kind, Guohua! I've been around; just not as much time to post, as I've been super busy with school (went back to finish my degree). I do visit, from time to time, and you're one that I like to keep up with (hence, brought me to your thread).

edit on 1-7-2014 by SourGrapes because: spelling :-(

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

originally posted by: Harte

I guess some of you don't know that when the legislative branch fails to act on an issue that been tabled that it defaults to the executive branch to correct that issue however it sees fit.

That's an absurdly ignorant statement.

Harte

Sure. And that is an incredibly nonconstructive statement. You could at least show me where im wrong instead of being a jerk.

Why not both?
Show you where you're wrong:
Here:

I guess

Here:

when the legislative branch fails to act on an issue that been tabled that it defaults to the executive branch to correct that issue

And here:

originally posted by: shaneslaughtahowever it sees fit

Yep. Pretty much covers it.

Harte
edit on 6/30/2014 by Harte because: I said so!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

a reply to: sheepslayer247

they don't want to come here to contribute to our economy...they wanna live under the radar, get under the table jobs, not pay taxes, squirrel away their money, and then use it to either bring the rest of their family here, so they can do the same thing, OR they take the money, go back to mexico, and live like kings...

they do all this while taking advantage of social services they have no right or claim to....we're paying to subsidize their continuing damage to our economy...

If that's your opinion, you have no clue what you're talking about. Illegal immigrants work under a fake SS number and pay taxes (not all considering some work under the table, like some Americans do). They contribute their tax money but do not file a return because an audit may trigger an investigation in to their citizenship status.

They pay in to SS and health services but will never get a retirement check and they spend money in their communities that maintain the economy.

They work just as hard as us Americans, they pay in to the system, like us Americans, and people whine when they want some of the services they paid for?

Also, who are you to judge what a man does with his hard earned money? Whether you send the money to Mexico to help your mother, or give it to your brother to pay a light bill, is no one's business.

They are here illegally,what part of breaking the law don`t you get?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Explain what laws they are not following? When its a immigration law under the sights and congress don't want to play ball, the deadline will expire and give Obama the right to choose as he sees fit.

"Deadline?"
There is no "deadline."

There is no Constitutional triggering action that would "give Obama the right to choose as he sees fit."

Harte

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Because I know you want one for your car rear window too!!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

I guess some of you don't know that when the legislative branch fails to act on an issue that been tabled that it defaults to the executive branch to correct that issue however it sees fit.

That is not the way it works in this country or according to the constitution. More like a referendum is called by the President to disband congress and replace them with representatives that actually represent the people.

What country are you in?
The U.S. doesn't have a parliamentary form of government.

Harte

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

Guilty....

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

There is no Constitutional triggering action that would "give Obama the right to choose as he sees fit."

Harte

a reply to: Harte
You're So Very Correct, Obama's job is to see that the American people are Listen too and that are Needs and Wants are Meet. Not His Agenda or His Parties Agenda or Corporate American or The Rich and Famous Agenda, But Common Americans Agenda.
It would appear Obama has forgotten Why he was Elected to be the POTUS.
He needs to be Removed, he's done enough damage.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

and what industry might that be?

a reply to: Daedalus
You know this may surprise you and then again maybe not.
But it looks like Silicon Valley is a big supporter of this amnesty.
The big corporations there are looking to fill their opening with cheap engineers, IT people and just plain cheap labor.

Exactly what that means for Silicon Valley and its tech companies that are hungry for immigrant technology is unclear. There has been talk in the past about the viability of using piecemeal executive orders to change some immigration rules, but whether Obama chooses to expend political capital on tech immigration issues — or whether he is even legally able to make any such changes without congressional approval — largely remains a question mark.
The financial stakes for the region's tech industry are much easier to assess.
Tech companies including Google Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Facebook Inc. have spent millions of dollars on expanded federal lobbying in recent years, including advocacy efforts on a range of immigration proposals designed to increase the number of skilled foreign workers that can be hired annually by U.S. firms through H-1B visas. A separate " startup visa" for aspiring international entrepreneurs is another policy item that has drifted in and out of past immigration proposals.
The issue becomes even murkier when taking into consideration the fact that several high-profile Silicon Valley tech executives and investors — from Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg to venture capitalist Vinod Khosla — have hosted Obama fundraisers or donated to the President's past campaigns. More recently, however, Silicon Valley insiders like Napster founder Sean Parker and Zuckerberg's own immigration-focused advocacy group FWD.us have made contributions to Republicans.

One sticking point is whether tech firms' heavy reliance on foreign workers is designed to keep labor costs low, though companies maintain that they must seek outside talent to fill new or vacant jobs.

LINKY
OK, why can'y they hire American's that need those jobs, why hire from another country, Lower Cost, cheap Labor, Slave Wages!
So, Does it Appear To Any Of You That Obama Is Protecting American's Job Interest or Selling us OUT!
edit on 1-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
He will "borrow" the power from whom?

I guess I misunderstood the Constitution. I believed that it gave VERY distinct powers to the Government and those not regulated to the Federal Government were reserved to the states only.

I didn't know that when a President wanted to do something that was not in his power he could just "borrow" the power for awhile to get the job done.

This country has truly gone over the edge. The government does what it wants, when it wants, to whomever it wants and nobody can or will stand against them.

The ride only gets faster and bumpier from here on out.

And to those who actually support these tyrants......You will reap what you've sown someday.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

Guilty....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Oh, so you don't want him to do anything about immigration?

What exactly are is he supposed to do?

Congress will do nothing, if he follows the law your mad he isn't doing enough, if he asks for a better law to deal with illegal immigration your mad. if he signs an EO your mad.

What the hell is he supposed to do?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Oh, so you don't want him to do anything about immigration?

What exactly are is he supposed to do?

Congress will do nothing, if he follows the law your mad he isn't doing enough, if he asks for a better law to deal with illegal immigration your mad. if he signs an EO your mad.

What the hell is he supposed to do?

Just follow the current laws on the books.... Now that wasn't so hard was it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join