It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Durbin: Obama Will 'Borrow the Power' to Solve Immigration

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: MarlinGrace

It's not quite that simple. You have generations of illegal immigrants that are in this country and someone will have to be responsible for breaking up those families. Let's also not forget that mass deportation would be a logistical nightmare. How are we going to get all of these people back home and who is going to pay for it?

There is no way it could be done and the people in DC know it.

Heres the answer for the families, I have no issue with sending them both back, the kids and the parents. Heres why. When you commit a crime and profit from it in anyway. Because you rob the bank and get caught you don't get to keep the money. If they bought a house or property then sell it and give them their earned profits for their work, and they go back. They are always welcome back, but with a serious caveat, they have to go through the process like any other immigrant and become a citizen. No more of this playing both countries when it's convenient, don't send the money back to Mexico. No freebies, it you can't support support yourself you can't come here unless you have a financial sponsor. If you come here and commit a crime then flee to Mexico you will never come back. Our border isn't a uncontrolled sidewalk to use as you wish.

All any uselesscrat wants to do is say ooooh the children, the poor children. Where is the equity for the people that follow the rules? What about the US children? Why would you ignore the poor children here? Why give away resources that could go to our poor kids and families.

When a president acts lawless and promotes lawlessness how long will it be before that example is followed by the whole population? This man has set the worst example of any president to date. He so much as tells us he is going to break the law, he lies, and if you don't like tough #.

Your government would rather give incentives to illegal aliens to come to the US with freebies that amount to several dollars per hour in wages, while they do little or nothing to increase jobs, and a create better economy for the citizens here in the US. It is deplorable the conduct of this administration.

To move that many people sounds like a perfect job for the military. If our troops can load shoulder to shoulder in a plane so can they, and nobody will be shooting at them. The military logistics can handle it no problem. I say AMF earn your way back into the US.

Ok go ahead throw the fireballs because I have lived it. I moved out of California, now the bastards want to sent them here to VA by the thousand. Go to California then tell me about the construction industry. It was honorable to have a trade, to go from apprentice to journeyman. You could earn a nice living, become a contractor, or work for one and have a nice place to live and take care of a family. Not anymore. YOu could go to the ER and get help not wait for hours because illegals are not refused.

This has nothing to do with, how nice they are, how good their kids are, or how much help they need. It is about the useless politicians in DC that have allowed it to happen.

Because you invite someone to dinner doesn't mean they can just show up with 20 of their family and friends and expect to eat, let alone demand it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

if they were following the laws we have in place, we would not have millions upon millions of undocumented, illegal aliens in this country.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I agree 110% of the way. The problem has always been paroling the borders. What can you do short of build a wall like in Pacific Rim. Pay for thousands of troops to patrol the borders?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It's not quite that simple. You have generations of illegal immigrants that are in this country and someone will have to be responsible for breaking up those families. Let's also not forget that mass deportation would be a logistical nightmare. How are we going to get all of these people back home and who is going to pay for it?

There is no way it could be done and the people in DC know it.

Logistical nightmare?Baloney!It was done during the Eisenhower and FDR administrations,deport them all.No amnesty!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

I agree 110% of the way. The problem has always been paroling the borders. What can you do short of build a wall like in Pacific Rim. Pay for thousands of troops to patrol the borders?

Certainly if Israel can build a 465 mile fence the US can build one, and use any aid money we give to Mexico to do it. I would rather pay for more ICE agents than pay illegals to be here. Amazing we have a vet in prison in Mexico and the
POTUS does nothing Pelosi goes to Texas to "ooooh the poor children" but neither has spent a second trying to get Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi out of a Mexican prison.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

How do you propose we get everyone back home? Do we get a bunch of buses or airline tickets and send em off? Who pays for that? Who fills the millions of jobs left vacant that there are not enough "americans" to fill and what happens to the economy when all that money and tax base leaves the country?

Do we take all of their property that they have worked for and do we take the sick illegal immigrants out of hospitals so they can be deported?

Also, whom do we deport? Do we check every person in America for proper legal status....or do we just stick to the people that look Mexican?

Do you see that there is no simple approach and the tactics many advocate will just lead to persecution of one particular demographic.

Anyone that has studied the Nazis and the holocaust will recognize that this sort of talk and rhetoric is how that all began.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

they don't want to come here to contribute to our economy...they wanna live under the radar, get under the table jobs, not pay taxes, squirrel away their money, and then use it to either bring the rest of their family here, so they can do the same thing, OR they take the money, go back to mexico, and live like kings...

they do all this while taking advantage of social services they have no right or claim to....we're paying to subsidize their continuing damage to our economy...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

wasn't he that fella who got caught with drugs?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

How do you propose we get everyone back home?

United States Air Force Air Mobility Command.

Do we get a bunch of buses or airline tickets and send em off? Who pays for that?

Nope, AMC assets...uncle 'murrica pays for it...

Who fills the millions of jobs left vacant that there are not enough "americans" to fill

we have double-digit unemployment...there are more than enough people to do the jobs...

and what happens to the economy when all that money and tax base leaves the country?

what tax base? they're not paying taxes...and the money is leaving the country anyway...if anything, it will only IMPROVE the economy, as then we can have actual citizens doing the jobs, and paying taxes...

Do we take all of their property that they have worked for

Yup. you don't get to profit, or prosper from committing a crime. return them home in the same state they arrived here...

and do we take the sick illegal immigrants out of hospitals so they can be deported?

Yup...they do have hospitals in mexico, and other south american countries...

Also, whom do we deport? Do we check every person in America for proper legal status....or do we just stick to the people that look Mexican?

Fair is fair....check everyone.

Do you see that there is no simple approach and the tactics many advocate will just lead to persecution of one particular demographic.

i hate profiling with a passion....

that being said...it's pretty easy to spot an illegal. or at least the worst ones are easy to spot...but still, check everyone.

Anyone that has studied the Nazis and the holocaust will recognize that this sort of talk and rhetoric is how that all began.

seriously? nazis?

jump the shark, much?

there is a massive difference between deporting illegal aliens, and wholesale slaughter of people of a specific religion, out of some sort of misguided notion of "racial purity"....get a grip, yes?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

well, i wouldn't go full Pacific Rim on it..i mean, these are mexicans, not friggin Kaiju....

no, you build a wall.....30-40 feet high, 10-15 feet wide....sentry towers every 500 feet, with a sniper and a spotter in each tower....they keep an eye on the wall, and take out anyone trying to go over, under, or through it. if you really wanna get nasty, you put a 150 foot-wide minefield on the Mexico-facing side....and instead of ICE, border patrol, etc, you have either U.S. Army, or U.S. Marine corps. manning all border crossings, and checkpoints....you have either army or marines paroling the border with humvees, and helicopters...

IF a muslim extremist wanted to get into the country, it would be VERY easy, under current conditions....let's make the border secure....

i always found it kinda funny how the federal government seems to give more of a crap about the border between two countries in the middle east, than it does about the southern border of their own country...

oooh, and here's the kicker....when you build that wall...it will create jobs...
edit on 6-30-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

they don't want to come here to contribute to our economy...they wanna live under the radar, get under the table jobs, not pay taxes, squirrel away their money, and then use it to either bring the rest of their family here, so they can do the same thing, OR they take the money, go back to mexico, and live like kings...

they do all this while taking advantage of social services they have no right or claim to....we're paying to subsidize their continuing damage to our economy...

If that's your opinion, you have no clue what you're talking about. Illegal immigrants work under a fake SS number and pay taxes (not all considering some work under the table, like some Americans do). They contribute their tax money but do not file a return because an audit may trigger an investigation in to their citizenship status.

They pay in to SS and health services but will never get a retirement check and they spend money in their communities that maintain the economy.

They work just as hard as us Americans, they pay in to the system, like us Americans, and people whine when they want some of the services they paid for?

Also, who are you to judge what a man does with his hard earned money? Whether you send the money to Mexico to help your mother, or give it to your brother to pay a light bill, is no one's business.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

i hate profiling with a passion.... that being said...it's pretty easy to spot an illegal. or at least the worst ones are easy to spot...but still, check everyone.

Please......educate us on how to spot an illegal. This should be very interesting and educational.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
I guess some of you don't know that when the legislative branch fails to act on an issue that been tabled that it defaults to the executive branch to correct that issue however it sees fit.

That is not the way it works in this country or according to the constitution. More like a referendum is called by the President to disband congress and replace them with representatives that actually represent the people. If all you weren't such partisan hacks it would have already been done. Let's do it this time. Make sure no incumbents get re=elected unless they already vote on the side of the people.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If that's your opinion, you have no clue what you're talking about. Illegal immigrants work under a fake SS number and pay taxes (not all considering some work under the table, like some Americans do). They contribute their tax money but do not file a return because an audit may trigger an investigation in to their citizenship status.

no, i think YOU have no idea what you're talking about.

the only time you see them operating under a fake SS number is when that number is stolen....i was once the victim of identity theft.....the person using my identity was an illegal. i can't tell you how much of a pain in the ass that was to get sorted...

and no, they don't pay taxes, because they're invisible...people who don't exist, don't get a W-2 in the mail.

if they were posing as citizens, they wouldn't be as attractive to hire as they are, because then the employer would hafta pay them properly, and provide the same benefits as everyone else....and if they're gonna do that, there's no sense in taking the risk of hiring an illegal..

They pay in to SS and health services but will never get a retirement check and they spend money in their communities that maintain the economy.

no they're not...and they're spending the minimum that they need to survive..

and who needs a retirement check, when they can just go home, with the money they spent the last 10-20 years amassing, and live like kings?

They work just as hard as us Americans, they pay in to the system, like us Americans, and people whine when they want some of the services they paid for?

nobody said they don't work hard....but they're NOT paying into the system..

Also, who are you to judge what a man does with his hard earned money? Whether you send the money to Mexico to help your mother, or give it to your brother to pay a light bill, is no one's business.

because if i give my brother money to pay a bill, it's being used here...it stays here...send it back to mexico, and now it's gone...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Yes, Yes, That's The title, I'm Not Joking!

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) says President Barack Obama, “will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration.”

My husband isn't home, so I had to get my pocket Constitution and the Constitution I studied for my Citizenship and I Looked and Looked and Looked for a Amendment or Provision that allowed this!
Please, I could not find such a thing as Borrow Power,,,, Is This Administration Completely NUTS or do the Democrats Really Believe we're That Stupid and Dumb Down!!

Durbin made the comments at a press briefing on immigration last Thursday urging House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to bring an immigration bill onto the floor for a vote.

"I don't know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today," Durbin said. "And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration and he shouldn’t be sued as a result of it."

Link

Usurping congressional power is borrowing hmmmmm. We need to find a way to do away with the two party system we currently have we have democrats and republicans playing the power games. And US citizens are caught in the middle there arguing over immigration while a humanitarian nightmare is starting. Parents are sending there kids across the border not knowing if they even make it all because they believe rumors started that Obama will allow all children under 18 to become US citizens. We have children crossing with no hope of supporting themselves but what parents send children into a dangerous situation? Paying someone they dont know to get there kids to America only to kill them or dump them off in a desert and telling them good luck. Imagine these kids dont speak english have no way to support themselves but are taught to avoid the police. So if they arent caught at the border they end up homeless in a city living on the streets with no hope for employment or education.

Partisan politics aside something needs to be done now because if this continues thousands of kids will just end up dead in the streets.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Please......educate us on how to spot an illegal. This should be very interesting and educational.

in my neck of the woods, they're the nasty, violent ones, living in dumpy houses, 5-15 at a time, with junk all over the yard....driving busted up cars, trucks, and vans with fake Pennsylvania tags, no registration, no insurance, and no license....they spend most of the time they're not working, getting bombed on corona, playing salsa and carnival music as loud as possible, until well into the early morning hours....don't call the cops, because they'll put a corona bottle through your windscreen, or shoot at your house...

and on day's they're working, the club wagon or E-series shows up at, oh, i dunno, somewhere between 0330 and 0500, driven by some scumbag-lookin white guy, and spends the next 10 minutes laying on it's horn 5 seconds at a time, until they either come out, or the driver decides "i guess they don't wanna work today", and drives off...and the ones who don't have "honest" work get paid the easy way, and sell drugs...out of the house..

all of this is from personal experience...yes, i've had a corona bottle put through my windscreen after calling the cops....and i've had my house shot at after calling the cops...and one time, one of them even shot AT a cop when we called...so don't sit there, and tell me i don't know wtf i'm talking about.
edit on 6-30-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I happen to work in an industry that deals heavily with immigrants. So I know what I'm talking about.

They pay in to the system just like everyone else. Their employer is required to submit a W2 and they pay taxes just like you and I. If they don't, the employer is doing something shady or paying them straight wages and they just give them a 1099 at the end of the year.

Do you realize that since the 80' the system has been setup to assist illegal immigrants in getting easy employment because it helps the economy and drives profits for businessmen?

We are not allowed to deny a job if they have a valid SS#, regardless of where it came from, and doing so can spark discrimination proceedings?

I've been through it and it's not because lefties are trying to find a voter base. It's because the economy needs them and a smart businessman can profit handsomely.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

and what industry might that be?

the only ones who benefit, are the companies who get away with using cheap, undocumented labor, so the can increase their profits...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

It's like when he "borrows" the truth out of politics and his public pronouncements and out of government doings . . .

HE NEVER GIVES IT BACK.

He's NOT ABOUT to give back ANY POWER he "borrows."

Sheesh what clueless idiots.

Oh, right, they think we are the clueless idiots that will CONTINUE to let them get away with the utter tyranny.

Sigh.

edit on 30/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: plural typo

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The will of the people be damned! This Administration will decide our 'will'. They know best. And, yes! We are idiots, for allowing this to continue for a second term! We're only as smart as our dumbest voter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join