It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays Global Warming poll.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would like to say something to the general membership of ATS. Please hear me out, if not oh well.

Today I saw a poll about the amount of concern that the membership here has regarding Climate change. I was astounded and horrifically disappointed all at the same time. That 47% of the membership here is "Not worried at all" about it tells me something. I am hanging out with people I simply do not want to hang out with.

Whether or not climate change is man made can be debated forever. Apparently 47% of the people here are not worried about the changes our climate is going through at all. All I can say is see ya later, Why? Because climate change is undeniable. We all see it yet 47% of "Us" are not worried at all.

Go chase down a video of a BS UFO yet ignore what is happening around us. You 47% are exactly what is wrong with humanity. Personally I am done trying to convince you deniers of anything. It Galls me that you joined a website dedicated to denying ignorance. Yet you remain ignorant and in fact fight hard to push that level of stupidity on others.

Simply put? IMO 47% of the membership here are idiots.

CLIMATE CHANGE IS HAPPENING AND I DON'T CARE WHY! I care that humanity faces some serious challenges in the next 20 years due to it. Yet when 47% of the people on ATS makes it clear they are not worried? All I see is stupid fools.

Climate change is real, I care not why, I care that humanity needs to change it's habits. Wehn 47% of the people here are worried not a bit? I know for a fact that we are done.

Maybe with any luck the aliens that you idiots would rather believe in will come down and save our little utopia. Most likely they will not. Why? 47% of the population is not worried a bit about our home.

Done wasting my time with fools. Mamatus out!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
bye

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This thread belongs in the RANT forum.

originally posted by: Mamatus
47% of the membership here is "Not worried at all" about it tells me something. I am hanging out with people I simply do not want to hang out with.

Okay ... bu-bye. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

You 47% are exactly what is wrong with humanity.

Blindly accepting the Man Made Global Warming hoax without taking a closer look .. that's what's wrong with humanity. The money trail is right there for all to see. The politics trail as well. I suggest you take another look at the information before screaming about how bad people are who disagree with you. You could easily be wrong and then you'll be asking for someone to pass you the ketchup to put on the crow you'll have to eat.

Personally I am done trying to convince you deniers of anything.

Doesn't sound like it.

It Galls me that you joined a website dedicated to denying ignorance. Yet you remain ignorant and in fact fight hard to push that level of stupidity on others. Simply put? IMO 47% of the membership here are idiots.

Rude much? Go away.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

eh, most likely we will end up nuking all of humanity into nothingness before the Sun and Earth does it's thing to eliminate us......

Either way, paying carbon taxes to make the likes of Al Gore and his elitist cabal MORE wealthy, doesn't prove to me that they will be able to spend our way out of it either.

Nice touch calling everyone whom doesn't believe as you do "STUPID"!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yes, the climate is changing. the cause may be all, none, or a combination of the many popularly espoused theories and reasoning. i no longer care what the root cause is. it's way beyond my control.

but i remain an interested observer.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
47% the people on this website think radiation from fukashima is going to kill us all.
So why should they worry about climate change?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Boy are YOU upset! Perhaps the 47% live in places like me where the weather patterns have not changed at all since 67 when I showed up. Some years are warmer, some cooler. Some years it rains seemingly all the time, other times it's more fairly balanced for a gathering of good tans. So you see, all the GW banter from my perspective is just that...It maybe us creating a problem or...It's cyclic. The argument rages back and forth while my corner of the world hums along as usual. When that changes I may feel inclined to chizzle away at that 47% and get all rude but until then I'll just remain another happy idiot

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
BUT.......
The survey did not include an area for peoples reasoning.
Me for instance, am not worried about global warming that much at all. The reason?
Why worry about something I have barely any control of? Why would I stress myself out over something like that.
Though I believe global warming /climate change is happening, I refuse to let that dominate my mind and worry myself into stress.
So before berating everyone who voted that particular way, why not ask politely WHY they chose that answer.
You may be surprised how many people clicked what was closest to the mouse, just to get rid of the survey.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sad to see you go - but if you're that upset, I get it.

Have a nice life wherever your internet travels take you.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

CLIMATE CHANGE IS HAPPENING AND I DON'T CARE WHY!

And, I don't care why you care.

Climate change is 100% natural and "MAN" has nothing to do with it.

Nor can "MAN" do anything to change it.

Sounds like you've been suckered into the CO2 carbon credit scams.

Did you lose some money or something?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Here's a prediction:

The sun's current active phase is expected to wane in 20 to 40 years, at which time the planet will begin cooling. Since that is when most of the greenhouse emission reductions proposed by the UN and others are slated to come into full effect, the "greens" will see that cooling and claim, "See, we warned you and made you take action, and look, we saved the planet."

Of course, they will have had nothing to do with it.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT ... ( March 2007 )

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

See what I mean? I CLEARLY SAID it does not mater what the cause is, Man Made, God Made or made with Lego bricks. It is happening. It is real.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And this is where you are completely wrong. We CAN do something about it. Improve dikes, dams and infra structure. Figure out what to do with areas that provide food and water to people.

Something CAN BE DONE to deal with what is happening. Who gives a crap why it is happening but I promise that it IS happening. Wake up and stop arguing the why of it and start focusing on that how do we deal with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I would like to say something to the general membership of ATS. Please hear me out, if not oh well.

Today I saw a poll about the amount of concern that the membership here has regarding Climate change. I was astounded and horrifically disappointed all at the same time. That 47% of the membership here is "Not worried at all" about it tells me something. I am hanging out with people I simply do not want to hang out with.

Whether or not climate change is man made can be debated forever. Apparently 47% of the people here are not worried about the changes our climate is going through at all. All I can say is see ya later, Why? Because climate change is undeniable. We all see it yet 47% of "Us" are not worried at all.

Go chase down a video of a BS UFO yet ignore what is happening around us. You 47% are exactly what is wrong with humanity. Personally I am done trying to convince you deniers of anything. It Galls me that you joined a website dedicated to denying ignorance. Yet you remain ignorant and in fact fight hard to push that level of stupidity on others.

Simply put? IMO 47% of the membership here are idiots.

CLIMATE CHANGE IS HAPPENING AND I DON'T CARE WHY! I care that humanity faces some serious challenges in the next 20 years due to it. Yet when 47% of the people on ATS makes it clear they are not worried? All I see is stupid fools.

Climate change is real, I care not why, I care that humanity needs to change it's habits. Wehn 47% of the people here are worried not a bit? I know for a fact that we are done.

Maybe with any luck the aliens that you idiots would rather believe in will come down and save our little utopia. Most likely they will not. Why? 47% of the population is not worried a bit about our home.

Done wasting my time with fools. Mamatus out!

Maybe for 47% is hard to panic about risking 2-2.5 Celsius degrees more after a century? (Sorry, but such are median scenarios by IPCC. YES, IPCC said so!!!)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

See what I mean? I CLEARLY SAID it does not mater what the cause is, Man Made, God Made or made with Lego bricks. It is happening. It is real.

Out here in the West Texas Panhandle, we are actually a little ahead in our yearly average rainfall and the temperatures a very close to normal.

AND

Shhh ... please don't tell anybody.

( i.e. it's a secret ... so far )

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Maybe for 47% is hard to panic about risking 2-2.5 Celsius degrees more after a century? (Sorry, but such are median scenarios by IPCC. YES, IPCC said so!!!)

It is not what is going to happen in a Century. It is what is happening now. Lake Mead is having a tunnel dug under it as we speak as the water is nearly to low to make it into the outtake pipe. Projections indicate it will go dry in the next 20 years. That is 36% of California's water storage.....

I just drove the Central California Agriculture region this week. More than half the fields that I am used to seeing full of crops are fallow. Why? NO WATER!

The hotels along the coast are watering plants with grey water from trucks as fresh watering has been banned. Also, my Uncle was Deputy Director of California Department of Water Resources for years. I know more about the reality of water than most.

Go ahead and argue the causes of it all you want. You can not argue the reality of it. Oh wait sure you can. Why? well that is the mystery.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You said half of us were idiots and you weren't going to discuss this anymore. You said you were leaving. So why are you back? Make up your mind. And if half of us are idiots, why would you want to be here anyways? Which is it ... stay and rant or leave

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
You said half of us were idiots and you weren't going to discuss this anymore. You said you were leaving. So why are you back? Make up your mind. And if half of us are idiots, why would you want to be here anyways? Which is it ... stay and rant or leave

This is where I usually say something impolite. I don't post and dump threads. I however, will no longer provide any content to this site. The best you will get is an occassional response to something. Most likely in Posse Comitatus. Unlike 47% of the membership here I actually care about the future of humanity.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And this is where you are completely wrong. We CAN do something about it. Improve dikes, dams and infra structure. Figure out what to do with areas that provide food and water to people.

Something CAN BE DONE to deal with what is happening. Who gives a crap why it is happening but I promise that it IS happening. Wake up and stop arguing the why of it and start focusing on that how do we deal with it.

So are you like one of those crazy broads that say they are through, and keep coming back in the door to throw stuff, while screaming you're done? If you going, go..... quit being a drama queen. Time to take a nap before it gets too hot to sleep because my SUV, herd of cows, and excessive use of coal has caused global warming/climate change.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It is not what is going to happen in a Century. It is what is happening now. Lake Mead is having a tunnel dug under it as we speak as the water is nearly to low to make it into the outtake pipe. Projections indicate it will go dry in the next 20 years. That is 36% of California's water storage.....

I just drove the Central California Agriculture region this week. More than half the fields that I am used to seeing full of crops are fallow. Why? NO WATER!

The hotels along the coast are watering plants with grey water from trucks as fresh watering has been banned. Also, my Uncle was Deputy Director of California Department of Water Resources for years. I know more about the reality of water than most.

Go ahead and argue the causes of it all you want. You can not argue the reality of it. Oh wait sure you can. Why? well that is the mystery.

I've got a funny feeling that now you're challenging scientific consensus.

Anyway you hadn't have very serious drought in 1930's in the USA? So maybe it was already happening for a long time?

(Hint: all the time something happen, just people forget the past and get erroneous feeling that now is something extraordinary)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join