It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Code Changes Taking Place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are some code changes taking place, the board should be back to normal within a few hours.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Chat still works though!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
While the changes were being made, a slight data base corruption occurred. This problem is now being resolved.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT....

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its a conspiracy... They are trying to stop us from getting to that 1,000,000th post.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Its a conspiracy... They are trying to stop us from getting to that 1,000,000th post.

Well if we keep doing this we will get there

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Says- "The document contains no data".

Just figured it should be reported, not sure how many use netscape.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
are the reply forms different, or is it just my imagination?

I like them...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
While working on adding new forums for the politics board, it appears as though the massive size of the user-access list for the Really Above Top Secret Forum was causing data issues with the site's forum database table. After three attempts to recover from what looked like a good back up (reviewing the actual data), I removed several banned users from the access list, and BAM! everything recovered just fine. I bought some time, but now we need to figure out an alternative means than the code-base's left-over default from the XMB source of using a list of usernames for private forums... the RATS list is simply too big.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This may be kinda rudimentary...but why not have a column in the member table called RATS, and set the default to 0, then when members buy access to RATS it sets to 1, then when you try to access RATS, it checks that column to see if you have 1, and if you dont it displays "You Dont have Access To This Forum."

Would something like that work at all? Instead of a huge long list of members?

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
On the surface that seems appropriate, but given the nature of "join" database queries, add that would actually slow down an already complex querie.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Managing the kinds of data ATS requires to operate probably requires at least one skill from each of the ATS forums -- and probably several from Paranormal Studies alone.

Art and science blur when managing websites of the caliber of ATS, and it is under these circumstances that expressions like "grace under pressure" take on special significance.

My hat is off to the staff for repeatedly demonstrating the ability to perform overhauls on a running engine.

Try not to lose any fingers in there...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Just figured it should be reported, not sure how many use netscape.

Netscape?!
Wow, are you using netscape for the purpose of nostalgy, or are you actually visiting sites with it?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
How about a new level called "senior member" this level would give access to rats, in the same fashion that moderators have access to cosmic.

Senior member level is either automatically selected upon reaching x amount of points, or is set when the user pays in the shop for it.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
How about a new level called "senior member" this level would give access to rats, in the same fashion that moderators have access to cosmic.

Senior member level is either automatically selected upon reaching x amount of points, or is set when the user pays in the shop for it.

good idea,
I thought a x amount of posts would be a better idea

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
ORACLE
It's not just a database it's a lifestyle

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Microsoft Access
It's not just a database it's a disease

Originally posted by rancid1
ORACLE

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Microsoft Access

Originally posted by rancid1
ORACLE

LMFAO!!!
You got to love ATS

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Microsoft Access

I hope to God you guys aren't using Access.

top topics

join