It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolf Harris Guilty of Indecent Assaults

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: gortex
A witch hunt.

Oh really, it's nothing but an elite peadophile ring, Rolf isn't as high up - so he's been sacrificed.

I'm only 22.. I remember him 'having that look' as I grew up. I'm not surprised.

Im 23 & same here the dude has always had a creepy look & vibe too him.. I saw on the news someone vandalised a plaque of his in his home town writing 'pedo' on it...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ha ha maybe that's what's behind all this. Seriously though, I have a gut feeling that there's something much more to this.

a reply to: earthblaze

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sorry but with the power of hindsight he has that look but before it all came out he was very well liked and no body thought he looked creepy.
I was a card carrying member of rolfs cartoon club.
I just feel very disappointed and just hope his victims can move on.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Lets face it, these men are high profile and that is exactly what has kept them 'safe'. They also appear to have formed groups of 'like-minded' men, many in top polsitions of power, I suspect these men are terrified of what a high profile defendant of these charges is going to expose - especially whom which will ruin their reputation.

It would certainly expose why it seems carefully selected people are being prosecuted at the end of their lives, yet peoploe report rumours about their behaviour in the past.

they know an d who yet has not been exposed.

Many women in the 1970's work force were subjecgt to sexual harassment which woujld not happen today but then it was supposedly a man's world, they hired and fired and a woman complaining simply lost her job and couldn 't another in those days.

I do think that because so many of these men have strong links to politicians and royalty also there is a move to protect them. Fears of the scandal bringing down the Establishment seem to be in the air.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I agree with the verdict, though I am having trouble making sense of some testimonies (why did one victim continue with him until her early 30s?) They found inappropriate material on his computer, and there are many other women in the industry coming forward (these women are highly reputable, household names in my country Australia).

I grew up with Rolf on my TV. In retrospect he was always a bit weird but it was a more innocent era in that time - 70s and 80s - we didn't really think about such things.

These celebrities can be very two faced and pick their targets carefully. They show one face to those they think can help advance them, another to those they can exploit. Most of them are egotistical and arrogant behind the scenes, maybe they have to be a bit that way to get where they are, but it doesn't excuse the behaviour.

Maybe now we are a bit less blinkered about celebrities and people in power - I would like to think so, anyway.

I applaud the verdict and it seems he's been a serial harrasser for a long time, entirely inappropriate in his field of entertainment - family and children. But when you think about it, the entire entertainment industry is probably built on pedophilia. As a fan of music, I've read much about the entertainment industry in the 1960s and most of the agents and DJs seemed to be in it to find pretty young boys to 'mentor', they'd groom them and offer to play their music in return for favours. Many of the young entertainers got in the industry to pick up young girls. Throw in all the drugs, excesses of the times and less scrutinising... no surprise really.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Suck crap Rolf. I never liked that song either, how does it go again ? 'Tie me under-age teen down, tie me under-age teen down'

Throw away the key!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Australia does it again! The place that just keeps on giving to the world its ockers & villains.
They even choose to base themselves in places like the UK just to make you pommies look bad.
Dont forget Robert Hughes "Hey Dad" star was also based in London.
I think UK would be doing bad enough without adding our convicts to the UKs reputation.
We'd have to hope someone like Jonathan Coleman wont be next on the offender list now.

edit on 8-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join