It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

government funded eugenics isn't the answer.

that money isn't supposed to be for other things...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Birth control is NOT eugenics.

Birth control for the entire country will cost far less than the F-35 that is still burning tax payer money while our contractors try get that bird to be battle ready.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

That is a slippery slope, if you think it is a good thing for government to control the population.

Yes, I should have been more specific. It is specifically the part of the population who is the least likely to be able to afford an abortion that the government has a vested interest in controlling. Couples who have lower levels of education tend to have more children. [1] [2] It is a self-perpetuating cycle, wherein those with the lowest levels of education, who also have the lowest expected lifetime earning potential, have lower wages and can't afford to go to school to break that cycle. Their kids obviously will be stuck with the same options when they grow up and may even have been socialized not to want to break the big family tradition.

[1]: forwomen.org...
[2]: www.who.int...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

it technically is....making sure that poor minorities are never without BC, ensures lowered procreation(breeding), thus imparting a measure of control over the gene pool....this leads to "breeding out" of "undesirables".....

couple this with a healthy program of propaganda, and you have yourself a full-blown government eugenics program, instituted under the guise of a noble effort to combat the "unwanted pregnancy epidemic"

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Forgive me for not making myself clear. I was talking about investing, and I didn't mean investing your money into a business, I meant investing your money into someone else's business, or allowing someone to invest their money into your business. That is what is killing us, and that is why our economy WILL collapse.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

lol, you're funny...

i never said "baby murder", and i've already said, plainly, that i don't believe in god, or religion..

nice, try though...

No, for you it's all about the money, right? Fine, I guess that at least makes you more honest than the Corporations, but I still think you're wrong and here's why:

So you support the idea that Certain Groups, in this case Fictional Persons with Various Religious Beliefs, should be exempt from paying into programs while everyone else is still forced to pay. Because that is what you're supporting in this SCOTUS ruling.

Not even Individuals who are in Reality REAL PEOPLE get this exemption. Just Corporate Persons of a certain qualification. Which means the cost, according to the SCOTUS ruling should be picked up by the Government. Well genius, where does the Government get it's money from???? That's right, everybody else but these FICTIONAL CORPORATE PERSONS who just got a free pass out of having to pay their fair share.

If this ruling would have at least been for everyone then I may not still like it, but at least it would be EQUAL AND FAIR TO ALL rather than just, once again, letting the Corporate World get away with more F**king BullSh*t like Tax Breaks, Subsidies, etc while everyone else has to pick up the slack for it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

What is your tone on that post? I do not understand why you use such words.

Unwanted pregnancies happen every single day. The wholesale cost of 'Plan B' is less than $1.

Let us forget about the cost of an infant to child costs the welfare, for a minute and consider the healthcare cost alone for pregnant women who can not afford insurance. I think it is near 6 figures....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Considering that I am out of money, I am hardly concerned about the economy collapsing.

The puppet masters are always thinking of ways to create bubbles to prolong the inevitable. The loan and collect interest system have many flaws. Some bubbles can last decades are longer....

Some bubbles are a great way of separating fools from their money, like the .com bubble during Clinton's yankee white stay.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

it technically is....

It technically is what?

making sure that poor minorities are never without BC, ensures lowered procreation(breeding), thus imparting a measure of control over the gene pool....this leads to "breeding out" of "undesirables".....

Notice how it ensures "lowered" procreation. Just because you supply it to minorities doesn't mean they are going to use it. I don't know about yourself, but I would prefer a lower amount of homeless teenagers whose parents could not afford to take care of them. I was one myself, and would have preferred not go through with it.

couple this with a healthy program of propaganda, and you have yourself a full-blown government eugenics program, instituted under the guise of a noble effort to combat the "unwanted pregnancy epidemic"

Whether you call something propaganda or education is only a matter of perspective. If you choose to call something propaganda, that is your right as a 'Murikan. If you're going to argue the ethics of how it is accomplished, that is another thing altogether. What I do know is that young people like having sex, and whether or not that sex results in a child is dramatically lowered by using birth control. Hence, increased use of birth control by young people in lower income neighborhoods = less babies in lower income neighborhoods. That is what my point boils down to.
edit on 3/7/2014 by zackli because: typo

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Isnt it interesting that Hobby Lobbys 401k invests in the type of thing they are so moraly disturbed by, i guess profiting off such things is not as repugnant as paying for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: zackli

Depo shot, 4 times a year.......

The sad thing is most under privileged young women are clueless to how their body works and this plays a major factor in unwanted pregnancies.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: nenothtu

I don't know man...I think we should extend the "right" to abortion to 5 years after birth. That way if the parent decides they made a mistake they can still have the child aborted. OH...and the father has no say in the subject. He didn't carry the child to term, after all.

Seems reasonable to me? no?

Sounds fair to me! Why only extend it five years, though? If she doesn't kill 'em off before they're born, the little nuisances are under mommas feet 24/7 and harshing her mellow, getting in the way of her hookups and whatnot, until they're 18...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I have heard it argued that a Muslim employer could require adherence to sharia law whether or not the employee was Muslim based on this. Also that in accordance to respect for religious freedom, some health care policies may need to cover FGM. (female genital mutilation)

Although I respect everyones beliefs they are called "beliefs" because they are not facts. When you start scratching out established scientific facts to make room for your beliefs, it can be dangerous.
I would rather my tax dollar is spent on facts rather than beliefs.

Many business owners conscientiously object to war for religious reasons. "Thou shalt not kill" but they do not get to have their tax dollars opt out of war.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
Sounds like youre a family man. Drawing a nice picture of your hearth and home. And a missus too..... lucky guy.

I am not sure how Hobby Lobby is making abortion out of a medicine that keeps a fertilized egg from sticking to the womb. If they are calling this abortion, I am calling "war" murder. It is curious how a handful of men can be entrusted with a decision that doesn't affect any of them. Interesting too how millions of women have to let 5 men decide their choices. Doesn't seem all that Democratic.

edit on 3-7-2014 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I didn't even know it existed, though I'm not a girl so it's probably not as shocking that I don't know about it than it is that teenage girls don't know about it.

In addition to there being a lack of knowledge, it is also a survival mechanism. In the hopes that there will be more children that survive, a greater number of them are had. As an organism's ability to invest in their offspring goes up, the number of their subsequent offspring goes down.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

it technically is....

True.

Look at who is having the most offspring in the US today. Whites will be the minority in one or two more generations.
edit on 3-7-2014 by jrod because: sleepless again

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

it technically is....

True.

Look at who is having the most offspring in the US today. Whites will be the minority in one or two more generations.

Who can afford birth control - gets it. If it were more affordable or provided you would not have to have this impending population boom. White Christians against birth control, are making impoverished women bring their babies into this world, by default.

Whites aren't going any where. There's a little to a lot of them in everyone.
What's wrong with a little sun protection? We are gonna need it.
edit on 3-7-2014 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
the women who are dropped from hobby lobby's insurance plan will still get their birth control coverage and I would be surprised if they have to pay more than what they pay for the policy hobby lobby is offering them
we the tax payers will pay it!
I mean it's only fair! After all these women just might be shelling money out of their pockets every week to the gov't to pay for the poor's whatever they need or the gov't feels they should have!!!

All this talk about repsonsibility here!
In a marriage birth control is a big part of being responsible! It help keeps the family of three or four into growing into a family of six or more! It helps the moms to enter the workforce along with dad! It helps them be responsible!!!

why does it seem that some seem to have a greater problem giving a helping hand for someone to continue being responsible than they do with helping the totally irresponsible continue being totally irresponsible?
After all the responsible in this case could be very well doing without things that those totally irresponsible are being given on their tax dollar! decent housing food clothing transportation needs medical care cellphones!!
god!! I don't have a cellphone! but my tax dollar sure the heck makes sure that they do!
So now they should give up the sex in their marriage if they can't come up with the money to pay out of pocket for the doctor to write a presciption and the drug to keep them from getting pregnant
so that they continue to be RESPONSIBLE!!!
while the poor irresponsible fool jumps from one sugar daddy to the next!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My boss didn't buy me breakfast this morning! My employer is denying my access to breakfast!

If he doesn't buy me lunch, there's a clear agenda here to block my access to all food!

lol

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
My boss didn't buy me breakfast this morning! My employer is denying my access to breakfast!

If he doesn't buy me lunch, there's a clear agenda here to block my access to all food!

lol

If my boss wasn't on vacation today, I'd march right up there and demand my free lunch.
And some contraceptives.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join