It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

apparently, to make a statement such as that, you have not read my posts. You know..particularly the one about the shistholes of Vietnam and Afghanistan?

but hey...not everyone can follow this fast moving thread...I am having a lot of trouble myself.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

You are due a helping hand, in my opinion. Just not a permanent one such as we see altogether too often. Such as some people seem to expect...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Civilized world....perhaps you missed that.

The US is the only industrialized and wealthy nation without some form of universal health care. The health care system in the US shakes down the working class if they get sick or have medical needs. As I said, the oligarchy is firmly in place.

edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: I'm going to have some Brawndo so I can get on your level.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So...the debt clock justifies free contraceptives? Am I missing something here? lol

If you knew me you would know just how badly our out of control debt, out of control govt, out of control politicians actually piss me off.

Even more than some fool hollering that his/her "right to free contraceptives have been violated" ...

I got your violation...right here

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yeah...that's why the Canadiens cross the border for healthcare in the US.

okie dokie.

I suppose that after a few years of Obamacare that will stop....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Back to where II started an hour ago.

Birth control is much cheaper than welfare

edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: Canadians coming to the US for healthcare is a myth, do not try to back up with a isolated cases of an aristrocrat paying a world class USA surgeon for a 'trial' procedure

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

ah...the working class.

I suppose proletariat will raise it's hand next.

Followed no doubt by Laissez-faire and expropriation. Then manifesto and central committee and 5 year plan, no doubt.

Sorry...I do not approve of entitlements. I also do not approve of our govt, of lobbying, of PACs, of various and sundry govt actions and lack of actions. I am a bizarro combination of anarchist and conservative social liberal libertarian.

No joke. I know I have pissed you off. Remember the Simpsons?

HAHA

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Promote the General Welfare. Part of the constitution.

It is in the General Welfare's best interest to curb the unwanted baby problem.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

back to where I was...In a HUD project

They don't want the contraceptives. They wont use them....they already have access to freebies and choose to not use them.

The vast majority of those welfare children are the offspring of welfare and or criminal parents. The worst parents on the planet. They are not interested in your BS free contraceptives.

Go to a HUD project and offer to sign up people for free contraceptives and see how many sign ups you get. lol

My grandad said there is no fool like an old fool, but there is nothing like an ignorant youngster. lol sorry...but it's the truth. Youth is wasted on the young.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Oh...fine, then I recommend forced sterilization of anyone accepting welfare for over a year.

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What about the bankers who ran off with trillions?

Free sterilization clinics, that is a fantastic idea. What country are you from Sir?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

lol, you're funny...

i never said "baby murder", and i've already said, plainly, that i don't believe in god, or religion..

nice, try though...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

what paystub?

i've already said multiple times i don't have a job right now..

are you even reading the thread?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Missed that bit of information. This thread is full of junk arguments.

You have had a job in the past, so you have looked at your pay stub correct?
edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The practice of investing is why we are in this mess to begin with. Capitalists don't seem to understand that if you bury a pot of gold and dig it up 20 years later, its still just a pot of gold, it doesn't multiply into 3 or 4 pots of gold. But unfortunately that's exactly how our economy works, everyone wants something for nothing, not just the people on welfare.

In fact, I'd say Mr. Dogood in the house on the hill with his pretty cars and pretty clothes who's in debt up to his eyeballs is more responsible for our financial woes than anyone else. Entitlements arose out of necessity because Mr. Dogood will never look in the mirror and say "Okay, now I have enough".

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No, real capitalists understand how to grow money.

Unethical capitalist learn to swindle money. Moral-less corporations get legislation passed so the can legally take money away from the working class.

Capitalism has failed the USA's healthcare interest.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is no such thing as ethically growing money. The only way for your pot of gold to get bigger is to take from someone else's pot, one way or another.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

BS. There are plenty of honest mom and pop restaurants all over the world who are able to 'grow' money. Plenty of other businesses to use as examples.

Not all capitalism in evil as you are trying to imply.

Competition has been the golden calf of capitalistic. The cell phone revolution over the last decade is a great example of how ingenuity can ethically grow money. In other words, if invent a great new phone that everyone has to have to keep with the Jone's, then I will be rewarded financially for my ingenuity.

A clever businessman/inventor will create a product that needs to be updated or replaced every 6 months. It is not coincidence that during the PC revolution a better and faster high end PC would come out every couple of months that rendered the old computers dinosaurs. The same thing is happening with the cell phone revolution.

This is not unethical, it is good business. Capitalism at it's finest.

They say absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The health insurance industry has managed to gain enormous power and wealth in the US because healthcare is something that is always in demand. With this power they have managed to find unimaginable ways to squeeze the working class to the point where they are no longer the wealthiest class of people on this planet, and their wealth continue to declined, siphoned away by the oligarchy that has gained power.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

indeed, i have...

the majority of it was state and federal income tax. with a MUCH, MUCH smaller portion went to the various programs....but those were things like disability, social security, things like this...

it wasn't specifically for "free" birth control....unlike the specific line items in the new obamacare plans..

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Already paying for social security, medicare. Might as well use some of that tax payer money to make sure people are on birth control.

Unwanted pregnancies are a problem, why not make efforts to try and control this problem.

edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join