It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

I guess that 13 year old daughter that the parents are trying to avoid providing birth control for can buy her own also??
sorry
but well first some background info
I lost my job a little over a year ago I have no income
I have health problems that well doing the kind of work that I was doing was just aggrevating me to the point that it was interfering with my ability to walk
I found that even with the insurance I was paying most of my earnings to the healthcare industry and never really getting a diagnosis
and well under those circumstances I am sorry I found it wiser just to forego the healthcare and stop aggrevating the problem!!!
I am not insured and have no money to insure myself
I am a traditional housewife who would really rather not pass the burden of my healthcare over to my husband
unfortunately the gov't does!! Just like they do for every other stay at home mom out there
so well no those husbands don't have a choice!!!

SM2

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Why is a 13 year old even in need of birth control. Seems like the parents really suck if this is the case.

While I am sorry for your situation, your story has plenty of holes in it.
You are married and a stay at home mom, cool, I am a stay at home dad...
you have no income to pay for healthcare but you are married and your husband does?
Your husband does not provide you with healthcare or health insurance?
You are still married to the guy? Sounds like you made some poor decisions in choosing a husband or you are just out right lying.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What parent would put their daughter on BC? I have no children so I do not know if this is a normal thing to give kids.

Why would you think your husband would be burdened by your medical bills? Isn't the point of marriage to join in a life long partnership?

We all have choices in life.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Uhhhhhh, the parent can purchase and provide BC for this 13 year old.

What you and every other Progressive want is for either a company or the Govt to pay for it.

edit on 2-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

What parent would put their daughter on BC?

Years ago, I married a man who had 2 girls, 11 and 13, who were in trouble and needed to come and stay with us in Hawaii.

Woohoo, were those girls ever bad news! I won't even get into how sexually advanced they were, but needless to say, the 13 year old was pregnant within 3 months of her arrival, and was getting a quick and confidential abortion through the "state" and then the "state" put her on the pill!

PS: The marriage didn't last

edit on 2-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

How are they protecting the success of their company with this?

By seeking God's favor rather than yours, which is something that seems to have worked out pretty well for them over the last few decades.

They could have just dropped insurance all together and paid a fine of twenty something million a year. instead they opted to fight 4 types of required birth control that they deemed to be abortion methods and risked losing over a hundred million a year.

Well they won didn't they?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Still sounds like poor parenting.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Still sounds like poor parenting.

Gee, Ya think? Thanks Capt. Obvious!

So, what does that have to do with birth control.......................?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: macman
first maybe I picked the age too young let's say 17
doesn't a 17 year old need the parents permission to get birth control? I might be wrong but I don't think so!
and well it seems like the gov't thinks that we the parents should be providing our adult kids with with insurance so pick any age up to 26 or whatever age

so well it seems that the parent has to provide the minor child with a policy that provides coverage of it don't they?

so at least one of yous think that I should ditch my hubby so he doesn't have to provide me with insurance
just to avoid the point I was trying to make
okay now I am the ward of the state!! happy!! didn't think so!!
but that is not what I said was it?
I didn't want to place it on him!
Please note my hubby works for a company of three people and it doesn't provide insurance doesn't have to so he would have to go out onto the open market for it..
weather we would qualify for any assistance in providing it is questionable
and well even if we did that would put me in the position of you paying for it wouldn't it?
I told him that I didn't want him to worry about my insurance because I don't think it can be done anyways and well if he can find a way for him to be insured by not for us to be insured I don't want him to think that he should avoid opting in because I can't
I willingly walked away from the entire healthcare system awhile back! it's not worth me going through what I was going through to be insured through employment and I figured (correctly I might add) I would reduce my need for it by not stressing my feet out so badly!
considering what our healthcare system is like well I kind of feel like I have opted out of being a lab rat in some type of experiment to see just how much toxic crap can be pumped into a body without it dying anyways I have no regrets really about that decisions and am still willing to live with it When my time to pass on it won't be me begging to go to the doctor if I end up there it will because someone else decided it! in other words I have been for the most part quite happy living my life the way I have and accepting the limitations that my conditions present me
and find the alternative just not acceptable at all!

the two examples I have given supports the idea that just like the business has to pass the coverage down to the employer some people also do! there is no difference!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It appears that people are looking to replace parenting with a pill.

And yes, Captain Obvious is one of my personalities.

SM2

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: SM2

How are they protecting the success of their company with this?

By seeking God's favor rather than yours, which is something that seems to have worked out pretty well for them over the last few decades.

They could have just dropped insurance all together and paid a fine of twenty something million a year. instead they opted to fight 4 types of required birth control that they deemed to be abortion methods and risked losing over a hundred million a year.

Well they won didn't they?

Umm, ok. seriously I am glad they won. I think you missed my earlier posts.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So are you okay with the state forcing anything on children?

Better education would be a better start then poisoning a child, maybe if she went thru the pregnancy she could understand that thinking things thru would be the lesson she needs in responsibility but unfortunately she was taught that flushing your problems away is better then responsibility.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It amazed me that this issue is so popular.

In the big picture this is NOT a worldly issue. It is a knee-jerk emotionally driven sensationalism story. The Supreme COurt once again failed.

Birth control needs to be available to whomever wants it. Unwanted pregnancies are always going to a problem, especially as the US population continues to grow in size.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Last time I checked, a family is not a business. And a business is not a family, in regards to what you pose.

The requirements of a parent are not anywhere near the requirements of a business.

Unless you think a company you work for should be more of a parent, and the worker as a child.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

In the big picture this is NOT a worldly issue. It is a knee-jerk emotionally driven sensationalism story. The Supreme COurt once again failed.

Birth control needs to be available to whomever wants it. Unwanted pregnancies are always going to a problem, especially as the US population continues to grow in size.

Birth control is available to anyone, you want it you buy it.

It's that simple.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Birth control needs to be available to whomever wants it. .

So, people can't get this medication?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So are you okay with the state forcing anything on children?

She wasn't forced. She went to the school nurse to ask for help. The nurse called CPS, and they took her away. Believe me, that girl wasn't forced to do anything.

Better education would be a better start then poisoning a child, maybe if she went thru the pregnancy she could understand that thinking things thru would be the lesson she needs in responsibility but unfortunately she was taught that flushing your problems away is better then responsibility.

She came from the inner city, Los Angeles. Maybe you could go volunteer, and give those kids the education and attention they need?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

it is available to them, they offer many different forms, they only chose to not provide one certain kind.......

Again if yall are going to chime in on this subject please do your due diligence and read up on the facts of the case.....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My tax dollars already go for programs that are suppose to do it.
Also there is a reason my wife and I chose not to have kids.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

it is available to them, they offer many different forms, they only chose to not provide one certain kind.......

Health care and contraception methods aren't flavors of ice cream. They're unique for certain situations. There are some women who can only use IUDs because of health issues. There are women who find themselves in need of emergency contraception. There is no other "flavor" of contraception that will do the job.

An employer has no business coming between a woman and her doctor, choosing what kind of medication is or isn't appropriate.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join