It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

If a woman may die a horrible death if she doesn't get health insurance to cover her birth control so be it. What you fail to see is this:

But see under the EMTLA that is BS.

And they KNOW IT.

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is an act of the United States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospitals that accept payments from Medicare to provide emergency health care treatment to anyone needing it regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay. There are no reimbursement provisions. Participating hospitals may not transfer or discharge patients needing emergency treatment except with the informed consent or stabilization of the patient or when their condition requires transfer to a hospital better equipped to administer the treatment.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Doesn't matter if a person has insurance or what the insurance covers.

By LAW anyone who needs medical treatment GET's medical treatment.

Which is why there was no need for the ACA.

And NO NEED for the contraception 'mandate'.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
No it's not Constitutional at all, it's pretty opposite of Constitutional.

People have a right to their religious beliefs - the Constitution says so. Their religious beliefs state that they can't engage in, nor help others engage in, artificial birth control or abortion. To force them to do so would be that they go against their religion. That's unconstitutional

"Approving some religious claims while deeming others unworthy of accommodation could be 'perceived as favoring one religion over another,' the very 'risk the [Constitution's] Establishment Clause was designed to preclude."

That's just fog and it deflects from the current situation. The bottom line is that some folks were trying to force religious folks to go against their religion. That's against the Constitution.

You are, of course, welcome to disagree. But it looks pretty clear to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've been gone for over 25 years but there still was government intervention into the 80's.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm one-time screening for men of specified ages who have ever smoked
Alcohol Misuse screening and counseling
Aspirin use to prevent cardiovascular disease for men and women of certain ages
Blood Pressure screening for all adults
Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk
Colorectal Cancer screening for adults over 50
Depression screening for adults
Diabetes (Type 2) screening for adults with high blood pressure
Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease
HIV screening for everyone ages 15 to 65, and other ages at increased risk

Immunization vaccines for adults--doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary:
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Herpes Zoster
Human Papillomavirus
Influenza (Flu Shot)
Measles, Mumps, Rubella
Meningococcal
Pneumococcal
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
Varicella

Obesity screening and counseling for all adults
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk
Syphilis screening for all adults at higher risk
Tobacco Use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users

www.healthcare.gov...=1

that is a list of the free preventice care that is mandated by obamacare!

ummm..
so let me get this straight..
I am gonna be pitching in for those who might just be making 50 dollars more than my household for STI prevention counseling for the poor.
Syphillis screening for them
tobacco screening
obesity screening
a bunch of immunizations that many people are beginning to think are causing more harm than good
as well as a whole bunch of other crap but no that coverage that I might be offered might not include birth control???

if someone doesn't want syphillis they can avoid sex!
why screen for tobacco use I am sure that a smoker is fully aware that he is smoking a cigarette!!
as well as they should know that they are fat!
and they don't need "diet counseling" to know what to do about it!

and I bet aspirin costs less than birth control pills!

oh gee look at this on the list for children
free autism screening for when the free immunizations start screwing with their brain functions!

edit on 30-6-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar and I bet aspirin costs less than birth control pills!

Well it would make sense wouldn't it everyone uses aspirin not everyone uses birth control.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

People have a right to their religious beliefs

Apparently we don't.

That 'right' has been subverted to make big pharma, and other contraceptive corporations bilions of dollars.

Because they think they 'care' about people.

They are supporting crony capitalism, and they refuse to see it.
edit on 30-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Well it would make sense wouldn't it everyone uses aspirin not everyone uses birth control.

Aspirin is a petroleum product, I wonder what birth control, and other contraceptives are made from.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow. A first world nation like the United States that has companies that won't offer contraceptives or birth control as part of health care coverage. That really makes the United States look foolish. I understand not wanting government controlling our lives but...again I have to say, why aren't these people angry at the militarization of our police forces, IRS taxes, Patriot act or NSA? Contraceptives?

Pathetic. This makes me ashamed to be an American. Religious lunatics make me angry.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
This isn't theocracy. It is called - abiding by the Constitution.

Stop saying that. This ruling doesn't involve the Constitution. It's a statutory ruling. (The Religious Freedom Restoration Act)
edit on 6/30/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
the key word there is "emergency"
ya know what that means?
it means if you show up at the emergency with a broken leg they are oblilgated to slap a splint on it and if you are lucky they might give you something for the pain but then they will refer you to a physician for followup treatment
which well I don't believe they are obligated to provide so you sit around with a broken leg untill it festers enough to be considered an emergency again!

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Aspirin is a petroleum product, I wonder what birth control, and other contraceptives are made from.

Hormones I believe. Damned if I know how much that costs to produce though.

link   
Women's rights should take priority over all and any belief system, unless the woman chooses that belief.

This decision is archaic.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Women's rights should take priority over all and any belief system, unless the woman chooses that belief.

This decision is archaic.

Why? What's makes them special? More so than say, kids or men?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Pathetic. This makes me ashamed to be an American. Religious lunatics make me angry.

Makes me have a modicum of pride in the Scotus.

Corporate products are not the governments responsiblity to 'give' the masses.

Corporate products are not a business responsibility to 'give' the masses.

The simple fact is is not the place of the government to provide for the materialistic WANTS of the masses.

NEVER HAS BEEN.

link   

originally posted by: amazing
Wow. A first world nation like the United States that has companies that won't offer contraceptives or birth control as part of health care coverage. That really makes the United States look foolish. I understand not wanting government controlling our lives but...again I have to say, why aren't these people angry at the militarization of our police forces, IRS taxes, Patriot act or NSA? Contraceptives?

There are many flight out of the country, nobody is stopping you.

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I haven't taken aspirin in a long long time! I prefer Ibprophen!

edit on 30-6-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

link   

People yes. Businesses no. If your religious beliefs are so strong that you cannot function in public then you really ought to consider working within your religious establishment. American Citizens are not meant to be controlled by religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96

Hormones I believe. Damned if I know how much that costs to produce though.

I know it's 'synthetic'.

But that is from the same people that says GMO is evil.

But the morning after pills, and other contraceptions is A-ok !

link   
a reply to: Destinyone

This is great, and yet could be very interesting. The Obamacare mandate was ruled to be a tax by this same SCOTUS, and by this decision I could probably make the argument that SCOTUS just gave a corporation the option of deciding what taxes they will pay, which ones they will not pay, and maybe even how much they will and will not pay. This precedent could be used in other issues involving taxes.

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Stop saying that. This ruling doesn't involve the Constitution. It's a statutory ruling.

No I'm not going to stop saying that. The Constitution promises religious freedom. If ANY ruling was made against freedom of religion, then it would have been unconstitutional and it would have been challenged based on constitutionality.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join