It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Pollution-Cleaning Towers In China Will Be The Tallest in the world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Looks like something done more for PR.

The effect these things will have seem minimal.

Article doesn't really go into what these things do..

edit on 30-6-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As much as I'd love to see this...
Water purifiers that run throughout the building to filter the lake?
Heck, the filter on my water pitcher costs like $20 to replace and is only good for like 20 gallons.
Solar panels up the outside wall?
It would be cost prohibitive for me to even put them on one side of the roof of my house.
Paint that absorbs pollution?
What's that going to cost to replace and how often?

You are talking about one hell of an expensive building here, with an incredibly high upkeep cost. Unless the government is willing to fund it at a loss to decrease pollution, no one is going to be able to afford to build or rent space in it.

Then...
Insect apartments in a building that is also going to host restaurants?
Don't see that turning out well.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
As much as I'd love to see this...
Water purifiers that run throughout the building to filter the lake?
Heck, the filter on my water pitcher costs like $20 to replace and is only good for like 20 gallons.
Solar panels up the outside wall?
It would be cost prohibitive for me to even put them on one side of the roof of my house.
Paint that absorbs pollution?
What's that going to cost to replace and how often?

You are talking about one hell of an expensive building here, with an incredibly high upkeep cost. Unless the government is willing to fund it at a loss to decrease pollution, no one is going to be able to afford to build or rent space in it.

Then...
Insect apartments in a building that is also going to host restaurants?
Don't see that turning out well.

Well the US owes the Chinese government trillions....maybe they can get the US citizens working in China to build these towers since the US is the biggest consumer of Chinese products and the US greed and desire for cheap stuff is what caused the pollution in the first place...you know Irony.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am all for China cleaning up it's pollution, I would rather they simply stop the enormous amount they put out though.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd
Well the US owes the Chinese government trillions....maybe they can get the US citizens working in China to build these towers since the US is the biggest consumer of Chinese products and the US greed and desire for cheap stuff is what caused the pollution in the first place...you know Irony.

Sorry but that is not the reason for the pollution there.
Corporations go there because they can get cheaper products, and not have any government regulations to deal with. Believe me those products are not sold to US citizens any cheaper because of where they're made, the difference in the amount saved goes into the pockets of the corporation not the consumer. China’s government allows these corporations to operate in that manner because they are just as greedy and unethical as most CEO's. Most American citizens would prefer to buy US built products if given the choice.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Good thing the t-baggers and ilk made sure the U.S. wouldn't lead the world in applied green tech...

Sometimes I wonder why folks with intellect mostly avoid running for office... and then I remember what country I live in...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd
I would say the way the Chinese society is going there going to need something like this, if anything its just a smart and much needed investment for them, china last I heard was growing fast and so there pollution and garbage is growing fast as well. Its an interesting idea and the model design they have is pretty eye catching I will say that, mostly because I dont have time to look at the facts on just how exactly its supposed to work.

And on a side note you got to lol on the quote about the Chinese having a different view on red tape and going around it, or in some cases running through it with scissors. Much of there pollution problems is because they have a habit of going around the red tape, it leads to much garbage and pollution. So we shall see if ignoring that niffy red tape also leads to the cleaning up at least some of that pollution.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What would really impress me is if they just stopped producing so much dam pollution in the first place rather than making a tiny effort to clean some of it up.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I had thought about this idea for sometime, the only problem I can think of is all the flying insects it will suck in... what impact will that have with the local eco system?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good for them.

It is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am not sure it makes sense to have a centralized pollution cleaning center that also just happens to be the tallest structure in the world with some ridiculous suspended spherical restaurants. If this place is on a lake and is actually a concentrated cleaning facility, where the hell are the tourists going to dinner going to park, sleep and more importantly, tour?

I have a hard time believing that a central cleaning facility would be a better choice over cleaning at the sources. I mean we might as well setup a huge water filter plant in the middle of the ocean to clean oil out of it instead of cleaning up spills where they happen, because china.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is interesting, but I suspect it's too little return for the cost.

Eventually they'll have to do something about the pollution for real, as the smog is just "the tip of the iceberg". It's sorta messed up that much of China was in a position to develop in a cleaner way from the start, but skipped out on the lessons learnt by other countries to maximize their economic growth at the cost of public health. (I guess the stories of Minimata, Love Canal, and that one PG&E plant in California, etc., weren't convincing enough.)

If this doesn't work (likely), they'll just have to resort to what most western countries have done. Regulate to implement pollution controls at the source. It's expensive, but necessary to maintain productivity long term. Also having green spaces implemented in city planning is a good idea, along with some programs to promote green rooftops.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
well, here's the thing....when your s**t looks like this:

you kinda NEED this:

blade runner was a movie, not a design document..

and while we're at it...it kinda looks kinda like concept art i saw once for the redesign of tomorrowland at disney world...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

I feel like your solution implies that China cares about its people. China only cares about money. As long as they can whip their slaves (the population of China) into action, it doesn't really matter how bad the living conditions get (suicides on a daily basis), as long as they have someone to beat. In order to fix anything, an entire overhaul of the industry within China would have to change - a fundamental paradigm shift. You don't use a garden hose to put out a raging forest fire.

If anything, this is just China posturing change. I guarantee you there are ulterior motives here. Don't think for a second any kind of change (for the betterment of its people) is possible in a country like China. I'm not sure why you think investing in "clean energy" will garner any more economic growth then what has already been strangled out of the Chinese people by force. China is the way it is, because it works. It works for the governments insatiable desire for money and power. They have essentially enslaved an entire race while the rest of the world is focused on some vultures playing in the sand.
edit on 2-7-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

nice find i like it

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

More industrial production to reduce pollution? smh

How about this?

Plant trees ( Reforest areas that have none they are the best pollution scrubbers)

Reduce industrial production.

Educate people on the amount of CO2 that one tree can filter.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
OMG, that's cool!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
is it real???

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You know, this wouldn't help a radiation area... its not how radiation works.

Furthermore, please educate yourself on the actual risks of radiation more than reading a brain dead article written by someone who's last information on radiation came from school when they where 12.

Just how radioactive do you think a day walking around the Fukashima plant is? Well assuming you don't go around in the known hotspots and buildings that are known to be bad, you actually get a worse dose from flying long haul for 5 hours.

SOooo my point is while nuclear disasters are bad putting one of these pollution cleaning towers near a nuclear plant is totally useless... in terms of radiation, coal burning increases the background radiation around the surrounding areas more than a nuclear power plant does.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433
You know, this wouldn't help a radiation area... its not how radiation works.

Furthermore, please educate yourself on the actual risks of radiation more than reading a brain dead article written by someone who's last information on radiation came from school when they where 12.

Just how radioactive do you think a day walking around the Fukashima plant is? Well assuming you don't go around in the known hotspots and buildings that are known to be bad, you actually get a worse dose from flying long haul for 5 hours.

SOooo my point is while nuclear disasters are bad putting one of these pollution cleaning towers near a nuclear plant is totally useless... in terms of radiation, coal burning increases the background radiation around the surrounding areas more than a nuclear power plant does.

who are to replying to????

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join