It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter blames soccer for Americas 'moral decay'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The headline says it all really.

Ann Coulter, the bonkers blonde who poses as a 'journalist' has lashed out at the world game, and pretty much blames it's rising popularity on those pesky immigrants. But I digress, over to you Ann:

“Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation’s moral decay”

Don't worry, it gets better (or worse). Ann miraculously manages to link football to the guillotine in a statement that is either the worst satire in history or the worst segue in history, or the result of a few too many chardonnays. Maybe it's all three.

“Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it’s European. Naturally, the metric system emerged from the French Revolution, during the brief intervals when they weren’t committing mass murder by guillotine”

It seems that if you give Ann a meter, she'll take a kilometer. And as we approach full time, Ann runs with the ball and scores an own goal with this statement:

If more ‘Americans’ are watching soccer today, it’s only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy’s 1965 immigration law,” Ms Coulter says. “I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time.”

n ews.com.au

And I thought my rants were nuts- I'm not too familiar with her work and now I know why. A red card for Ann.
edit on 30-6-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

America doesn't love soccer.
We love winning in soccer.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I refer you to the recent thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Was shown this yesterday.... what an utterly pathetic person she is.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Oh well, old news, I did a search and got nothin'. The search wasn't refined enough I guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's a link to the original column:

www.anncoulter.com...

If you read it in it's entirety, it becomes even more ridiculous than you already presented. Gave me a good laugh any way

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RationalDespair

www.anncoulter.com...

If you read it in it's entirety, it becomes even more ridiculous than you already presented. Gave me a good laugh any way

I think that was the point "A good laugh". Ann Coulter might be a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. You may not agree with her political views, and I am not defending her, but this is tongue and cheek.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: RationalDespair

www.anncoulter.com...

I think that was the point "A good laugh". Ann Coulter might be a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. You may not agree with her political views, and I am not defending her, but this is tongue and cheek.

This video shows just how ignorant Coulter really is she doesn't have a clue.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What astonishes me is how conservatives will defend other conservatives, knowing full well how stupid the comment was.

Another case of partisan ideology getting in the way of common sense!
edit on 30-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh man when bill is telling you to check your self, you know what you are saying is bat s#!t crazy.
This lady is ridiculous

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think she just wants attention,
she isn't crazy,
she just knows the best way to get attention is to say something outrageous/stupid.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'd be more inclined to blame reality TV and an entitlement society .....

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I thought she was our moral decay??!! Her and Hannity,Rush,Mike Weiner........Oh,and Beck!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Soccer is the European retaliation for "trick or treat".
You call off the teenagers wandering the streets and knocking on doors, and we'll call off David Beckham.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I swear the reaction to Coulter's column is telling. Did anyone actually read it? She DID NOT "blame Soccer for America's moral decay." She said soccer was representative of America's moral decay, a symptom, not a cause.

Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay.
Read the column here.

And anyone who takes Coulter's columns as serious needs to have their head examined. She's tongue-in-cheek the whole way, but the humor-impaired have a heart attack every time they mis-interpret yet again what she is saying.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I swear the reaction to Coulter's column is telling. Did anyone actually read it? She DID NOT "blame Soccer for America's moral decay." She said soccer was representative of America's moral decay, a symptom, not a cause.

Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay.
Read the column here.

And anyone who takes Coulter's columns as serious needs to have their head examined. She's tongue-in-cheek the whole way, but the humor-impaired have a heart attack every time they mis-interpret yet again what she is saying.

And I thought I was the only one who go it, there is way too much hate going on today by the left.

top topics

join