It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient galactic ship ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

If the bending woman is the milky way in the night sky, aren't the boat a galactic ship ?

Or did the Egyptians think that the sun (Ra) traveled across the milky way (Nut) during daytime ?

edit on 30-6-2014 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Well i was interested with the idea but what happened to the thread, minimal information and work put in.

Nice idea though

edit on 30-6-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I thought Nut was the heavens (night sky) and Geb was the earth. Ra is outside of the stars (heavens) not sure what it has to do with daytime. Can you explain? Although i question the official position myself, I don't see how the example above portrays a galatic ship. Rather a symbolic representation of the cosmos as they understood it in a way they can explain it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Way to think outside the box!

The stars in the river are compelling. I want to think its just their simplistic way of presenting topography in their day. More stylized and sort of all encompassing of their land, rulers, industry, whatever.

After all, those are Egyptian boats sailing on that river. But--

"My God. Its full of stars!"

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Maybe they mean the planet we are living ON is the mothership??? This earth/ship IS moving through space..

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Way to think outside the box!

The stars in the river are compelling. I want to think its just their simplistic way of presenting topography in their day. More stylized and sort of all encompassing of their land, rulers, industry, whatever.

After all, those are Egyptian boats sailing on that river. But--

"My God. Its full of stars!"

They didn't have street lighting at night, so the night-time would be completely cave dark. Then they would have seen the entire galaxy as a bright white strip of stars stretching across the heavens from one horizon to another.

Then they would have seen the planets like Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and Venus appear as bright stars that move across that strip of stars. The closest familiar objects to that would have been a river seen at night reflecting moonlight and fishing boats with oil lanterns.

Therefore, there must be a giant river in the sky and those moving points of light must be fishing boats.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Therefore, there must be a giant river in the sky and those moving points of light must be fishing boats.

Another interesting take.

I've been holding back my suggestion of a vacation brochure selling cruises on the Nile.

The "stars' on the river are floating candles, a sight that must be seen to enjoy.

Only costs two camels.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well I just read a National Geographic article about the boats they found next to the Pyramid(s). I read the sun god Re-Atum travels across the sky in an eternal journey. It says "The sun was thought to travel from east to west in a 'day boat," changing to a 'night boat' for the return trip through the underworld." (National Geographic, April 1988, Vol 173 No. 4, p. 545)
edit on 30-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It appears the boats are heading toward and away from the center of the Milkyway galaxy. Maybe they thought something important resides at the center of our galaxy. The Milkyway has the appearance of earth clouds so it could be understood to be the heavens of the heavens.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

well I know they think they have things figured out but I am not sure they have gotten much right.

The ancient 3600-year-old sky disc of Nebra also shows the sun, moon and a ship, they say was added later.

www.ancient.eu.com...
donsmaps.com...

new topics

top topics

join