It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy found in basement says stepmother put him there

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Boy found in basement says stepmother put him there

DETROIT – A 12-year-old Detroit boy who was missing for more than a week before he was discovered in his own basement told investigators his stepmother sent him there, according to a court record obtained Friday by a newspaper.

According to the Free Press, the document says Charlie Bothuell V was placed in the basement behind boxes and totes by his stepmother, Monique Dillard-Bothuell, and told "not to come out, no matter what he hears."

Although Dillard-Bothuell knew her stepson was in the basement, she did not bring him food, according to the petition, which also says: "Charlie reports sneaking upstairs to get food when everyone left the home."

The petition says that after Charlie was taken to a hospital for treatment, a doctor observed a half-circular scar on the boy's chest. Charlie says the scar was "a result of his father driving a PVC pipe into his chest," according to the petition, which also says the child had old scars on his buttocks from being hit with the pipe.

www.foxnews.com...

AND…. There you have it.. PROOF that some people just do not need to have the responsibility of children in their custody…

I am constantly shocked at the way some people treat/mistreat the small, defenseless children they have responsibility for…

Semper

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

S&F!

I'd like to say something intelligent and insightful ... BUT I AM TOO ENRAGED!

Oh just let me at them! Please God, PLEASE!

edit on 30/6/2014 by DietJoke because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I wonder who found him down there.

I've got a basement his father can stay in to save the taxpayer a dime ... and I've got some extra PVC pipe laying around too.

What were those rules again? No food required down there? Got it covered.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Well according to the father, he looked and the FBI looked with cadaver dogs.

Not sure if a cadaver dog will sniff out someone alive (you'd think so though), so I wonder if he was somewhere else for most of it?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
My heart goes out to this little fella. I don't think we've heard the end of this story though. He's fingered the step mother and dad, but how much damage has been done to this lil' guy ... his scars run deep. It's going to take a lot of love and a lot of therapy to help him. I feel for him ....

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I've got a basement his father can stay in to save the taxpayer a dime ... and I've got some extra PVC pipe laying around too.

According to the source in Semper's post:

Charlie was found Wednesday by Detroit police in the bowels of the multiple-unit condo building

The article does say he was missing for more than a week, let me see if it was an official search or something else.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yep..

The sad things is that no matter what is done to the monsters who have inflicted such pain on this little guy, it will ultimately be him who suffers the most and the longest..

Sad

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

News interview of the father, he seems to be irritated that there is some inclination that he had knowledge that the son was in the basement. He states in the interview that he looked in the basement, his wife did, as well as the police and the FBI also looked in the basement for the child with search dogs.

Something doesnt seem right here.

*disclaimer* have not watched the whole video yet myself.

Longer video
edit on 30-6-2014 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

In reading of cases like this, one can be forgiven for wondering if there is no depth to which the depravity of some members of the species cannot sink, if there is indeed a lower limit, beyond which it is impossible to descend while bound to ones mortal flesh.

I believe that the answer is: No.

There are no limits to human barbarism, and this is merely another example. All we can do is hope that the lad comes away from this situation, and into a more loving environment than the one he has been a part of thus far. The step mother, and the father had better pray to God for mercy in the afterlife though, because they will be shown little enough of it while they remain on Earth.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

He was actually being interviewed live when the news broke that his son was found..

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Yes I saw that...havnt watched that interview yet either. Ive watched the longer video above, which includes the police chief interview.

edit to add: just watched the Nancy Grace video, strange reaction by the father to say the least.

Two points that keep turning over in my mind here. The police chief at about 2:25 in the video, states that the younger Charlie was 'hiding' and the reporter uses the 'hiding' word again at 5:25 and 18:55. I dont know if that word choice is just damage control in case it turns out that he indeed was hiding without the knowledge of the parents.

The other point is that the police chief states that the 'barricade' trapping the boy in was a 5 gallon drum and he beliefs that a 12 year old boy can not move a 5 gallon drum. I happen to call this a bucket and not a drum. 5 gallons weighs between 40-50 lbs depending on what is inside (unless of course it has loads of junk in it instead of its notmal intended use). At first I thought he meant 55-gallon drum, which would be alot heavier, but he repeats '5-gallon drum' multiple times. So if it is a slip of the tongue and he means 55 gallon, he does it more than once.

edit on 30-6-2014 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
From what I have read, the boy was 'missing' for two weeks. The boy was also homeschooled and it wasn't clear how or why they determined he was even gone. Cases like this, especially from news sources that give incomplete or flatout wrong information really muddy the waters. It makes more sense now if you consider he has scarring and he claims abuse from the stepmom. Another thing that was claimed was that he was forced daily to do 4,000 steps on an elliptical machine, as punishment?, everyday. If you take the average stride of an adult at 3 feet, that's only about 2 miles a day, which doesn't seem excessive considering they apparently didn't let him outside hardly because they lived in a bad neighborhood.

I figured something was screwy with this story. It's hard to trust mainstream journalism though when they're just sensationalizing bits of information. I hope it's not as bad as we're led to believe, because he might be worse off in the Detroit area child protective services, or whatever they go by over there.

ETA: I'm not trying to apologize for the parents, it sort of reads like it, I think they are definitely hiding something. I hope they all get what's best for them in the end.
edit on 30-6-2014 by dfens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Id they put him there then why did they call the police ? What were they looking to gain from this? The step mother now has had her own children one being a 10 month old baby taken away too, it just seems really bizarre they would do that then get all this police, FBI, Media, child services attention and for what gain? I read today it was them that called the police too..

“I read this petition. It says that Monique took (Charlie) into the basement and hid him and told him not to come out,” Mark Magidson, the attorney for Charlie Bothuell’s father and stepmother said. “Why would she do that? I don’t understand that. It makes no sense. This is the same woman who then got the police involved and brought all of this on. None of this make sense.”

edit on 30-6-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

At first I thought he meant 55-gallon drum, which would be alot heavier, but he repeats '5-gallon drum' multiple times. So if it is a slip of the tongue and he means 55 gallon, he does it more than once.

A five gallon container is usually not referred to as a 'drum'. You call it a 'bucket', and almost every person that I know of calls such a container a 'bucket'.
I wonder what the container really was?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There is a special circle in hell reserved for adults/parents who treat children in this matter.

My only thoughts on the matter.

I'll pray for the child, the devil can take the parents.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Beating your child with PVC pipe. I would wish worse but at least I hope the old man ends up in jail. Doubt anything will come of it. Humans...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Did the father know the boy was in the basement the whole time? The article doesn't mention that unless I missed it? Also they found clothes and a PVC pipe with blood on it prior to this.
It's horrific when the monsters under your bed are your own parents!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was going to post that Nancy Grace video when I heard about this last week but got side tracked. I just don't believe the father. I thought the reactions were acted out. We can generally see that on people. I may be mistaken but after reading the OP's post then that just confirms what my initial thoughts were.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I agree that the Dad's reaction on Nancy Grace was odd....like bad acting. In the first video, I was thinking he sounded credible and felt he was being railroaded....but after seeing his reaction on Nancy Grace I feel something isn't right. His demeanor and reaction reminds me of Susan Smith's bad acting.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

By the sounds of the poor kids father, the stepmother might have done the kid a favour by keeping him out of sight.

Apart from these filth treating their kids like they're enemies or something, what really gets to me is there are SO many people who cannot have children of their own, and would love to give a home to a child.

If these scumbags have kids and don't want them, why the hell don't they just give them up for adoption and give the kid a chance at a life in a home where people are going to love them, not brutalise them?

Doesn't make any sense to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join