It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Finds Monsanto’s GM Corn Nutritionally Dead, Highly Toxic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: purplemer

There is a really easy way to resolve this. All the board members on Monsanto should go on a 100 percent GMO diet for 5 years. Then if they are still in the picture of health, we can start to believe them. In other words PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. But of course this will never happen.

We should also make all Oscar Meyer board members eat nothing but baloney.

If they run out, we got plenty around here.

Harte

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

It seems that the reality greatly contradicts at least that one claim in the report you linked. It's the only claim in the report I looked into.

Harte

Hmm... did you checkout the study on maternal and fetal exposure to the pesticides associated with GM crop production? some evidence of toxicity there

www.uclm.es...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
The wheat of today is NOT the same as the wheat our grandparents used to eat. Going into a store, ever notice how products are often mentioning being gluten free? That is because a lot of folks cannot tolerate the new improved GMO wheat. Folks that say trusting our "gut" reactions isn't enough...well, enjoy...and make sure you stock up on plenty of toilet paper while your body tries to process all the GMO corn and wheat and soy. Anyone that doesn't believe that GMOs are harmful are in need of toilet paper anyhow.

This brings up an excellent point actually. However most wheat out there is not GMO. It has on the other hand been being bred for about the last 80 years to contain more gluten, and not only that, a stronger more binding gluten, mainly so that mass producing it would be easier. What originally happened was that when they separated the germ etc., flour didn't cook like it should, so they developed wheat with even more gluten so that it would cook the way it should have if they weren't separating the germ. THEN people wanted whole wheat, so they stopped separating it, but now we have wheat with far more gluten than it had decades ago with - the unintended consequence of gluten intolerance. Most mass produced fruits and vegetables have been bred and manipulated for the sake of the manufacturers and are inferior to their versions before WWII. It's just the way it is. But NOW, we get GMOs. Trust the process? Why should I?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbo961

It seems that the reality greatly contradicts at least that one claim in the report you linked. It's the only claim in the report I looked into.

Harte

Hmm... did you checkout the study on maternal and fetal exposure to the pesticides associated with GM crop production? some evidence of toxicity there

www.uclm.es...

Did you check out the absence of any evidence for any effect of roundup on kidney disease in the US?

Now, if you want to argue against pesticides, wouldn't that belong in another thread? After all, pesticides are used on all foods, even those labelled "organic."

Harte

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Harte

www.uclm.es...

Did you check out the absence of any evidence for any effect of roundup on kidney disease in the US?

Now, if you want to argue against pesticides, wouldn't that belong in another thread? After all, pesticides are used on all foods, even those labelled "organic."

Harte

No. Havent seen the research on roundup, not really interested. I dont grow my own food or have any use for it. I do however get presented with a choice (or would like labels present me with a choice) when I am buying food from a supermarket. By the way... where do you stand with the labelling issue, for or against?

I thought the pestcides were bred into the GMO's... have I got that wrong? Anyway, as I said to someone while out one night, "not for me thanks, and "I wouldn't have five of those at once if I were you, but it's your life"

Keep looking, good luck finding any negative research that hasn't been redacted as soon as it is presented. As for me, I already have enough circumstantial evidence to proceed with caution. One thing is for sure, I'll ever eat or pass GMO's to anyone I care about for fear of harming them.

I don't trust the redactions, they are presented by people with a clear conflict of interest. Would you feed GMO's to your children Knowing there is no research proving they are safe? Yes or No? Do you really trust the FDA to decide what is safe for you to eat? Why have a dozen or so countries banned GMO's?, are they overreacting? Do you think scientists really know what they're doing? You can't replace genes from one species to another knowing what the outcome is going to be, DNA sequencing is not that far advanced yet, and won't be any time in the near future. It's all a bit "I wonder what will happen if I do this...", I don't know about you, but that approach to science doesn't fill me with much confidence that the product is safe.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Harte

www.uclm.es...

Harte

No. Havent seen the research on roundup, not really interested. I dont grow my own food or have any use for it. I do however get presented with a choice (or would like labels present me with a choice) when I am buying food from a supermarket. By the way... where do you stand with the labelling issue, for or against?

It really makes no difference to me. It won't change any of my purchases.

I thought the pestcides were bred into the GMO's... have I got that wrong?

I asked that question earlier - no response yet.

Under current discussion is a genetic change that makes plants (specifically corn in this discussion) immune to a particular herbicide, not a pesticide.

That herbicide is the active ingredient in Roundup.

This allows farmers to spray their fields with roundup to eliminate weeds without harming their crops.

Would you feed GMO's to your children Knowing there is no research proving they are safe? Yes or No?

I would and I do. I've been eating GMO products for twenty years. No problems so far...

originally posted by: robbo961 Do you really trust the FDA to decide what is safe for you to eat?

Infinitely more than a bogus "study" like the one this thread is based on, that's for sure. That "study" shows exactly why you can't trust what people claim about GMOs.
I mean, who are you gonna trust anyway? It is impossible to make an informed judgement when you don't have any information, right?
Do you actually believe that corn is "nutritionally dead" as some posters here have claimed? They made this claim about corn in general, not necessarily GMO corn.
Goes to show you certainly can't trust what posters say on ATS, doesn't it.

Why have a dozen or so countries banned GMO's?, are they overreacting? Do you think scientists really know what they're doing? You can't replace genes from one species to another knowing what the outcome is going to be, DNA sequencing is not that far advanced yet, and won't be any time in the near future. It's all a bit "I wonder what will happen if I do this...", I don't know about you, but that approach to science doesn't fill me with much confidence that the product is safe.

How safe is any food product? Do you trust so-called "organic" produce to be safe?
Short of producing every single thing you plan to eat, there is no way to know.

Harte

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

How safe is any food product? Do you trust so-called "organic" produce to be safe?

Harte

Well, being able to read labels is a start isn't it? That's how we know (if we care to take the time to look) what we're eating.

GMO's have not been tested. When did we stop testing things before being used for human consumtion exactly? Oh that's right, we havent. It would seem only GMO products are exempt from this culture. Don't you find that a bit odd?

Yes I do trust organic food produce in it's natural form (ie: no additives, insectcides) and you're right, we cannot possibly know whether our organic supermarket food has been tainted with insecticedes and currently, no clue as to being GMO or normal produce. Nature has provided healthy food since man first came into being, why would you want to mess with that?

We as a species can be so arrogant. Only this week it was announced that a scientist funded by Wisconston University USA has developed a new strain of flu which is immune to our body's defence system. If this new virus escapes it's confines, then we're well and truly f****d. Can there be any sensible reason for this dangerous tinkering with nature? Please, someone tell me it will benefit mankind because...??? Incidently, this is the same scientist who created the bird flu which killed millions worldwide. By all acounts, he didn't perfect his virus last time round so they allowed him to do further research. A 'how to create this killer virus' will shortly appear in the scientific journals so he can be the toast of the scientific community and any nutcase with a BA in biochemistry can recreate it himself in a lab.

Ooh... those clever scientists are so clever are'nt they?. Personally I think the world is safer without mad scientists (sorry, off the subject a bit) but you get my drift.
edit on 3-7-2014 by robbo961 because: text disappeared, not sure what happened

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

And below a little food for thought...

Non-GMO corn has 6130 ppm of calcium while GMO corn has 14 – non-GMO corn has 437 times more calcium.

* Non-GMO corn has 113 ppm of magnesium while GMO corn has 2 – non-GMO corn has about 56 times more magnesium.

* Non-GMO corn has 113 ppm of potassium while GMO corn has 7 – non-GMO corn has 16 times more potassium. * Non-GMO corn has 14 ppm of manganese while GMO corn has 2 – non-GMO corn has 7 times more manganese.

purp...

They are take the metals out of our food. What positive effects do those specific metals have for our bodies?
edit on 4-7-2014 by LooseLipsSinkShips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Harte

Well, being able to read labels is a start isn't it? That's how we know (if we care to take the time to look) what we're eating.

GMO's have not been tested. When did we stop testing things before being used for human consumtion exactly? Oh that's right, we havent. It would seem only GMO products are exempt from this culture. Don't you find that a bit odd?

The FDA regulates GMO food just like any other.

Exactly what is it that you fear from GMO food? That you might become resistant to Roundup?

You ask about when we "stopped testuing things for human consmpyion."

When diod we start?

Show me the "testing for human consumption" for non-GMO corn, done by a third party.

Yes I do trust organic food produce in it's natural form (ie: no additives, insectcides) and you're right, we cannot possibly know whether our organic supermarket food has been tainted with insecticedes and currently, no clue as to being GMO or normal produce. Nature has provided healthy food since man first came into being, why would you want to mess with that?
Pesticides are used on ALL "organic" produce. You might want to apply your paranoia more broadly.

Harte

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Hey,

Just got my Popular Science Magazine the other day, in it there was a article say how people were more less stupid in regard to the GMOs. I am so mad that these fools would write such garbage, I wonder what the pay off was to write this pure crap.

I will say this the mutations they are doing may not kill a person, but dosing them with poison sure will. What is also kind of funny, at the same time I was reading PSs bull, I came across a story on how the other chemicals that are suppose to have no effect on you are causing the roundup poison to be quite harmful to humans. It's kind of like when they gave the soldiers in Iraq back in the first battle pills for the chemical weapons Iraq had, but the pills had never been tested on humans. They did not know it made that DEETS insect repent, 10 time more poisonous than just by it self. Then they our government lie about the whole thing and denied our soldiers.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte
What proof do you have of any that you say? Somewhere around zero it seems.

Listen dude this is an old tirade, so much so that some random dude saw an article or a few vids and decided to try that experiment out with a squirl, reaching the same conclusions. Tell you what next time I come across some pigs, I may try this out and come to my own conclusion as last time I was on a farm I was fresh out of GMOs corn to give out. And you do the same, till then writing things to you is a waste of time, you obviously are playing at being stupid, which is a very stupid thing to do, which really proves what? Point in case, as Sherlock Holmes would say, one only plays at being stupid if they have something to hide, or they really are stupid. I believe the first is primary to the secondary case, in your case.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Well dude squirrels are plentiful, got get yourself a gm tortilla chip and a non and do the test yourself. Its not that hard to do.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk
Thank you. I do not consider RT to be a reliable news source. By the way, my yummy GMO canned corn costs
68 cents, while most vegetables on the shelf go for over a dollar. GMO everything else, and it might cost
68 cents, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join