It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Finds Monsanto’s GM Corn Nutritionally Dead, Highly Toxic

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: fenson76
a reply to: Grimpachi

Doesn't monsanto have a finger in most of the pro GMO studies?

How would I know? If you mean they have to do lots of studies on their products before they can be approved then yeah I think that is pretty standard if you mean something else than that then could be more precise.

It's pretty much folly to assume that studies conducted by Monsanto on their own product are trustworthy. It's so easy for everyone to say there's a conflict of interest when a natural food magazine or whatever publishes their own study on GMOs - okay, granted. But I think the same applies to Mondsanto, saying their food is safe, when they were the ones that made the food AND conducted the studies. Everyone is saying "Gmos have been studied to be safe," yet the very fact that, but Monsanto's studies are automatically "debunked" due to conflict of interest. So please, let's see the peer reviewed, third party studies that GMOs have been proven to be safe.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
I agree Cali74, Monsanto is a monster, and they have far too much power under Obama. People should demand that Obama get these Monsanto monsters out of FDA and all government organizations!

And seriously, when it truly IS a proven fact that Monsanto has had a revolving door of employees work for: the government, the court system, the FDA, the CDC, really and quite honestly, I defy anyone to prove to me why I shouldn't question it all? And I'm surprised any thinking person doesn't.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Folks griping about the study or studies ought to just think on this....Sometimes ya just gotta go with your "gut" on this one. When you eat these GMO foods and start to look like crap and feel like crap and put out abnormal "crap", maybe there is something wrong with that food. I used to love corn and now can't eat it....and what's this dealy of all this gluten intolerance and all of that? Could it be our guts don't like the new and improved wheat? The human body is an amazing mechanism and it often will tell us what is good for us and what is deleterious. So many more folks having digestive probs now and bowel syndromes and such. Maybe our bodies cannot adapt well to GMOs.

Just like that farm in Kansas that is engineering human liver genes into rice...yummie. Mother Nature had it right all along, why can't they just leave it all alone and stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is what happens to any study that shows them the danger of GMO, the complete control on this and also those posting, shame on you! You sell out to humanity and my health. I don't care if you shove that in you in your own corner, but know you probably don't, eh? Doubt you do very much.

But making our food supply contaminated, I'm sorry but self defense comes to mind. This is so serious we have to find ways to stop it ASAP. I'd rather see them gone than harming us in any way. All the proponents of this are criminally insane and committing torture and assault of my person and my family. In the end on the other side, be seeing you in your jars, for thousands of years of counciling as arch criminals. You don't get away with this stuff.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
Folks griping about the study or studies ought to just think on this....Sometimes ya just gotta go with your "gut" on this one. When you eat these GMO foods and start to look like crap and feel like crap and put out abnormal "crap", maybe there is something wrong with that food. I used to love corn and now can't eat it....and what's this dealy of all this gluten intolerance and all of that? Could it be our guts don't like the new and improved wheat? The human body is an amazing mechanism and it often will tell us what is good for us and what is deleterious. So many more folks having digestive probs now and bowel syndromes and such. Maybe our bodies cannot adapt well to GMOs.

Just like that farm in Kansas that is engineering human liver genes into rice...yummie. Mother Nature had it right all along, why can't they just leave it all alone and stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

So other than gut instict you have nothing on the below? U realize how many studies have been done on these things? My paraodx is I hate the corporatocracy of monsanto, and their monopoly on the market, their buying of FDA shills to support their claims to politicians, but, before I can take anything here seriously I need more than gut (placebo) feelings about these products.

Can you answer my question?

originally posted by: ZeuZZ

originally posted by: purplemer
Looks like more nails going in the coffin regarding GM foods... It amazes me that there where never any proper studies done on Genetically Modified Organisms and this information is only coming to light now.
[...................................................]

I'm very skeptical of everything in this OP. You are linking to a random website, run by random people who you do not know, who only ever in the article (I read it all) link to other random websites and dubious news reports to reference their claims ("The Grocery" "The Daily Mail" [lol]), and at no point reference any scientific research that was published in respectable scientific journals that went through the process of peer review; the process that regulates good science from bad science.

However, I really hate Monsanto, and all the money they make at the behest of the average farmer and citizen, so I REALLY hope you can prove me wrong on this. Google scholar might help. I had a breif look on this subject there in journals, could find nothing on these subjects, the only thing that lends credence to it so far are the quotes from scientists in the media articles. However, there are very good scientific reasons why quotes in newspapers, from whatever scientists, are not peer reviewed quotes, and are much more personal opinions outside of the literature.

You can get a scientist to say that the Earth is 2000 years old and dinosaur skeletons were put there by god to trick us. Please dont be fooled by the media quotes, learn how to research the actual peer reviewed, respected scientific journals. And if you can find evidence to the contrary of this subject, post it now.

Here is google scholar: scholar.google.com...

To see how respectable the journal you find whatever research in this is a good starting point www.scimagojr.com...

[I've spent ten minutes, I found basically nothing, but would love for someone else to find something]

edit on 1-7-2014 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Most GMO food doesn't look, smell, taste, or act like real food.

That it is the opposite of nutrition and perhaps even harmful should be of no shock to anyone.

It's an illusion. And it's for maximizing profits.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: holyTerror
a reply to: Harte

Are you sure it was this study? No where does it state that tumors developed due to the pesticides. It only concluded that different side effects were present in the rats that ate NK 603, MON 810 and MON 863.

No, I'm not sure, I only read as far as rats and the names of the researchers. Those parts matched.

You could be right.

Harte

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimjolnir
a reply to: AlphaHawk

So, the tests are on the soil?
If so, that GMO soil is, how we say, not very good... see the parts highlighted red... and the general lack of everything

Yeah, the upshot is, you probably shouldn't try to eke out a living by eating only the soil around GMO plants.

Glad they told me that.

Now I need some new cookbooks, I guess.

Harte

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Most GMO food doesn't look, smell, taste, or act like real food.

That it is the opposite of nutrition and perhaps even harmful should be of no shock to anyone.

It's an illusion. And it's for maximizing profits.

Instinctual subjective perception over scienctific evidence?

Yes they are probs maximizing profits. By whatever means they, being the greasy greedy corporation they are. But if it was really dangeous and really toxic, they have enough products in enough stores for totally independant scientists to conduct peer reviewed research into them chemically (GCMS, PCR, etc, which shows what they are doing, and can publically publish it).

See the wiki Detection of genetically modified organisms

"The detection of genetically modified organisms in food or feed is possible by biochemical means. It can either be qualitative, showing which genetically modified organism (GMO) is present, or quantitative, measuring in which amount a certain GMO is present. Being able to detect a GMO is an important part of GMO labeling, as without detection methods the traceability of GMOs would rely solely on documentation."
edit on 1-7-2014 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

Are you saying that they shouldn't do studies before they seek approval for the market? Wouldn't that be irresponsible if they didn't do studies on their products.

You say you want independent studies and I don't disagree with you I am for independent studies as well which I think have been performed. I am not an encyclopedia of studies so I can't rattle them off to you. Let me ask have you looked?

I have not said there is a conflict of interest with food magazines or whatever as you put it publish their own study. I only care if they were using good science when doing the testing. Like with this thread the claim was it was GMO corn vs non GMO corn and they were actually testing dirt. Do you consider that a good study?

I am like you lets see the peer reviewed studies I differ from you by they can show me they are safe or not safe. You see I have seen more than a few studies that said they were not safe but, they never held up to peer review. I have never seen a thread on here that was pro GMO with a study so I have had to see if they held up to peer review. Again I am not an encyclopedia of studies I certainly hope that you were not implying that I should be.

However, while writing this I did a quick search for long term studies of GMOs and found a page that will link you to 126 of them if you are interested.www.skepticink.com...

Then I remembered reading something on GMO golden rice so I looked up this page for you.
irri.org...
You should be able to find a plethora of information and studies on that. I know that China even conducted studies on that GMO. So if you take the time to look at the links I provided you should see there is plenty of independent studies on GMOs.

Anyway just need to point out that the person I was responding to that spurred you to respond to my post seemed to think Monsanto had their "finger" as they put it in a lot of studies. My answer was they should be studying their own product but if they are claiming they have their "finger" in studies they do not fund then I would like them to explain how they came to that conclusion...maybe even provide evidence of such a claim.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well everybody, have a great 4th of July...and while ya'll are enjoying your corn on the cob, the GMO style corn, lets hope the fireworks aren't over shadowed by the corn being expelled from our bodies like popcorn...who knows, it could happen. I often wonder what our digestive tracts are going though, trying to work with this new and improved non-nutritional, toxic junk. I don't even need a study to tell me it is crap...the body knows and reacts accordingly.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Happy 4th to you too.

I never much cared for veggies anyway though I will eat a little corn on the cob when in company.

I am not worried about explosive corn. On the other hand, we plan to have chilli at the festivities. Is there such thing as GMO beans? Now that generally gets explosive. My body definitely reacts to chilli. Oh the humanity.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is an old report that was thoroughly destroyed by actual scientists.

“Even though I strongly support labeling, I’m skeptical of this study,” said Marion Nestle, professor in the Department of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University. “It’s weirdly complicated and unclear on key issues: what the controls were fed, relative rates of tumors, why no dose relationship, what the mechanism might be. I can’t think of a biological reason why GMO corn should do this.”

Mark Tester, a research professor for the Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics at the University of Adelaide noted that the findings raised the question of why no previous studies have flagged similar concerns. “If the effects are as big as purported, and if the work really is relevant to humans, why aren’t the North Americans dropping like flies? GM has been in the food chain for over a decade over there—and longevity continues to increase inexorably,

www.forbes.com...

No new nails in the coffin. Oh and I hate GMO corn, but I hate misleading information more.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
agreed. source material, references, statistics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow dude i see now, what your problem is. You do not seem to understand words. Here let me try again. Not that I expect anything different, but purely for the lol factor.

Assuming that "pigs won't touch" GMO corn, and knowing that pigs are fed GMO corn in very high volumes, then you'd have skinny pigs, wouldn't you. So now, we go from "pigs won't touch it" to "pigs might decide to eat something else if you put it in front of them." That's a fail, I hope you realize. Harte

Pigs would eat anything including there own body parts if hungry enough, I have even seen it, like on an actual farm and stuff you know, one pig weight over 250 I think, which is about what I weigh. I have even seen them reach through there gates and grab and gobble up stray chickens and chicks when they got near. But yes over GMO or garbage they seem to prefer garbage. And over GMO foodstocks or no food at all they prefer GMO, which is obviously a failure on the manufacturer because they should have put in addictive like they do in cat food. But I suppose what it being mass feed its and oversight they overlooked to save money in the process.

But anyways, in the vids I seen they did prefer to not eat that stuff, only because they had other options. If said pigs had no other options they will eat GMO stuff, because like I said pigs will eat anything. Do you like understand that? Or is that to hard a concept for you to understand? Its kind of like the fast food deal, its there because most people do really have the option or the time to make a prepared meal and its a faster cheaper alternative.

Assuming that "pigs won't touch" GMO corn, and knowing that pigs are fed GMO corn in very high volumes, then you'd have skinny pigs, wouldn't you.

Nope you would have fat pigs, like I said they can eat anything even stuff they would not normally touch if they had other choices. And they would not be skinny pigs they put so much steroids into there feed they beef up, though they would be having a weaker immune system and be more sickly then normal feed pigs. And they would be feed tons of the stuff.

A skinny pig does not exist on a farm. There kept there to be fattened up. Do you like understand the concept of why pigs are kept on farms for? Its not to make them skinny you know. Even if the farmer had no foodstocks they leave them to trowl the area and they will literally eat roots and dirt if they have to. Its the reason why pigs are kept as foodstock for humans because they can eat almost anything but they require a lot of that almost anything. They are feed GMOs because its cheaper then regular feed and most of it is so full of chemicals like steroids that it will help them bulk up even if the feed has little nutritional value, because its not about keeping the pigs healthy its about bulking them up by any means necessary. But I suppose such a concept may be over you head, you still seem to be stuck on the whole skinny pigs part.

So now, we go from "pigs won't touch it" to "pigs might decide to eat something else if you put it in front of them." That's a fail, I hope you realize.

Yes a fail on your part. You dont seem to understand words and how the mass farming of pigs is done. A hungry pig will eat anything you put in front of it, and semi hungry pig if you put GMO feed and regular feed in front of it will go for the regular feed or even garbage in some instances over the GMO. It all depends on how used there system is to it, most mass farms there used to it as they have been feed that stuff constantly a smaller farm were there more independent or even left to roam the pigs will go for the better choices and so avoid the GMO corn. Because they have a choice.

There were a bunch of videos from farmers who put up vids on this. But cant find them now. But here is a wild Squirrel who would not even take a tortilla corn chip. That is not to say they wont eat it, but only if there starved or they have no other choice like the pigs which are grown on mass, and which eventually end up as bacon. Most farmers switch over to the GMO feed not because its a better method, but because its a cheaper method. Do you understand the concept cost evasive measures? Probably not, since you dont seem to get the concept of skinny pigs.
But anyways carry on dude.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
well there is only one thing for it ...since the 3main skeptics are "grimpachi,ignorant ape,and void hawk" are saying basically that GM food must be fine for consumption i vote the 3 of them under strict control have to eat nothing but GM food for a month...much the same way in which "supersize me" was....we will create our own study with bloodtests before during and after....

as for my take on GM foods i wouldnt feed them to my dog

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And I vote you pay me. Otherwise, I probably already eat GMOs on a constant basis. I just finished a bowl of Cornflakes what do you think the odds are that they contained GMOs?

Last time someone suggested such an eating regimen I agreed to do it for 100K bet that and after 1 year if I wasn't sick I collect. No one would take me up on it.

BTW you know supersize me was fiction don't you?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And I vote you pay me. Otherwise, I probably already eat GMOs on a constant basis. I just finished a bowl of Cornflakes what do you think the odds are that they contained GMOs?

Last time someone suggested such an eating regimen I agreed to do it for 100K bet that and after 1 year if I wasn't sick I collect. No one would take me up on it.

BTW you know supersize me was fiction don't you?

sure i will pay you in GM food....

i also bet you could smoke cigarettes for a year and not get sick....so that would be a bad bet to take on...

supersize me was fiction...well you learn something new everyday

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Ah corn Tortilla the well know staple diet of a squirrel, were was the control a non GM tortilla, did we see it taken from a packet NO you guys are SO SO GULLIBLE !!!

Many of you don't even look at the agenda of sites like Natural News they have their own internet shop and offer products to people, they edit reports to change the meaning but what's even better is at the bottom of there own web shop page is this statement.

READ THE LINE BELOW THE CREDIT CARD SYMBOLS

Now you look at there store pick a page with products labeled as helping with say Immunity Response or ANY other health problem they all have that disclaimer so even THEY won't back the products they promote why

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
well there is only one thing for it ...since the 3main skeptics are "grimpachi,ignorant ape,and void hawk" are saying basically that GM food must be fine for consumption i vote the 3 of them under strict control have to eat nothing but GM food for a month...much the same way in which "supersize me" was....we will create our own study with bloodtests before during and after....

as for my take on GM foods i wouldnt feed them to my dog

Hilarious .. here is some ignorancekillinginfo.

www.cracked.com...

The supersize me documentary was fake.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join