It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem the Creator would have with a race called Man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The history of the human race is a nightmare often justified by a religious insanity. If an all knowing intelligence had created the species Man would he have at least given them intelligence - an ability know the difference between right and wrong - good and evil - would he at least have given them the intelligence to know that their religious insanity had nothing to do with his intentions? Would he have at least shown them that he did not want a bowing, praying group of slaves - but rather he wanted them to rule and control the Universe he created for them? Is your God so weak so as to accept the pathetic nature of your history? Tell me Man who believes in a Creator - what have you done to justify this Creator - this super conscious omnificent King of the universe - You Human, are you worthy of a divine Universe? Are you ready to rule it?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

My rule would be unwelcome, for it is specific to my interpretation of knowledge. I personally would rule selfishly. Intelligence by definition might be objective, its application is subjective. "The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills." is what we have. The outcome unpredictable, the idea of good and evil, right and wrong exists only because of us. One's idea of it negates another therefore ones acting on their idea of it would be baffled as to why another doesn't see the logic in their actions. Either side can be justified but neither exists without an intelligent agent.
edit on 30-6-2014 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Were I to have an impromptu conversation with Lucifer himself, I would not expect the conversation to start differently.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

You Human, are you worthy of a divine Universe? Are you ready to rule it?

Obviously not. However, the very idea of the universe as something to be "ruled and controlled" is the errant basis for most of humanity's ills in the first place.

One can believe in creationism (or aspects of it) without believing in a monarch-deity, you know. Which creator-god are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

You Human, are you worthy of a divine Universe? Are you ready to rule it?

Obviously not. However, the very idea of the universe as something to be "ruled and controlled" is the errant basis for most of humanity's ills in the first place.

One can believe in creationism (or aspects of it) without believing in a monarch-deity, you know. Which creator-god are you talking about?

No, I don't think so. History and the history of Man's religions show this tendency, or need to have some overriding intelligence controlling, ruling, and/or creating his paradigm of existence. Thousands of years of history, right up to today this human species keeps killing his own kind in the name of god - crazy in my opinion and reflects no god I can even imagine. But say some believe in a real creator - what in fact would he stand for? - First negate human history - it is a history of soulless bugs [hyperbole] - Imagine yourself as the creator [just imagine] - could you do a better job? - create a better history? - Rule your environment [ultimately the universe]?

Man creates a creator that he imagines created him - this dualism like yin and yang may be rooted in a reality that man is yet to understand - Creationism may be real if man imagines it so - but Man must understand his significance in this paradigm.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

S&F!

Human beings are completely defined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

The consequence of that is that some [actually its most] people ARE NOT HUMAN and nor could they have been born human... they were born a person ... but they have to achieve their humanity and it can subsequently be also lost.

God only cares about HUMANS ... everybody else is going to HELL!

Humans by DEFAULT are perfect!

Everybody else is a MONSTER!
And monsters have NO RIGHTS!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Were I to have an impromptu conversation with Lucifer himself, I would not expect the conversation to start differently.

Nonsense - lucifer need say nothing - the world is currently his. Want evidence? - listen to the news lately - Middle East about to go up in flames? Hey, wasn't that going on 5 thousand years ago in the Bible? Is that what God wants? Not my God - My God says man evolves and rises above his sordid history - My God says Man rules - And stops sacrificing himself to the luciferian paradigm - the religion of the past. The Holy Bible best selling book in history,
does anyone understand it ?

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."
- George Santayana

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Nonsense - lucifer need say nothing - the world is currently his. Want evidence? - listen to the news lately - Middle East about to go up in flames? Hey, wasn't that going on 5 thousand years ago in the Bible? Is that what God wants? Not my God - My God says man evolves and rises above his sordid history - My God says Man rules - And stops sacrificing himself to the luciferian paradigm - the religion of the past. The Holy Bible best selling book in history,

- George Santayana

If I were to be tricked into conversation with Satan, I'd surely expect to hear the presentation of such logical rebuttal.

Hurry up and get to the point where you convince me The Devil doesn't really exist. LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

- George Santayana

If I were to be tricked into conversation with Satan, I'd surely expect to hear the presentation of such logical rebuttal.

Hurry up and get to the point where you convince me The Devil doesn't really exist. LOL

Why would I do that - and how could I ? You have already proved that he does exist.

- George Santayana

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The devil gets a bad rap for having man gain knowledge and disagreeing with a tyrant.

For those two things he gets blamed for everything we consider bad.

Dude if you didn't want them to eat the fruit then why the hell did you put it where they could get to it.

"Here is a cookie now I am stepping out for a while don't eat the cookie."

Not that I believe in devils or gods anyway, but the story and the twist of logic astound me on how it has been interpreted.

I guess god wanted all of mankind's IQs to stay under 40. Tyrants want their subjects to remain dumb and placid.

Look here I bestow freewill upon all of you now I will kill all but one family and a few animals because I don't like what you did.

Oh well.... I am just rambling. I have already tried to understand the mental gymnastic people have come up with to try and justify those things. So before anyone attempts the same don't kid yourself I have heard it all before and I am not impressed.
edit on 30-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
My interpretation of why religion is false and stupid comes from the reality that the worlds three largest religions, Christianity,Judaism,and Islam, all three of these groups of people supposedly worship the same God, which is the god of Abraham, and what makes all the of these groups even dumber is that they think god favors them and not any of the other groups that are worshipping the same exact God. All the of these groups of people have made an entire lifestyle out of killing the other groups of people, who are supposedly worshipping the same God.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

... the story and the twist of logic astound me on how it has been interpreted.

That's what happens when you compile an allegorical text and fill it with metaphor and innuendo.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Just because one religions biblical text MAY be allegory, metaphor and innuendo DOES NOT mean there is no creator.

And if the big bang happened then there is a force out there that drove that ... and we can define that force as 'the creator' ... now does that force 'care' about 'mankind'

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Neither exist. This religious dualism is nothing more than bronze age bull#.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Laughable ... now the "god of the gaps" is resurfacing as though it is tangible argument.

Remaining within your little "wordplay" ... whom - then - created the creator?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThaHustle

God is so powerful to have self created ... just like the universe!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

Just because one religions biblical text MAY be allegory, metaphor and innuendo DOES NOT mean there is no creator.

I understand. It was the best that could be done by man at the time. The Bible (whatever version you wish) was not penned by the hand of God himself.

And if the big bang happened then there is a force out there that drove that ... and we can define that force as 'the creator' ... now does that force 'care' about 'mankind'

Care (I see the quotes) ... I'm just a man ... how could I be expected to answer?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

a reply to: ThaHustle

God is so powerful to have self created ... just like the universe!

If the Universe "Self Creates" then there is no need for God to Create it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They .. God and the Universe ARE THE SAME THING!

What don't you understand about the technical term 'Omnipresence'

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

They .. God and the Universe ARE THE SAME THING!

What don't you understand about the technical term 'Omnipresence'

If they're the same thing then why call it two different things and say one created the other. Just say the Universe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join