It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of police officer violently throwing elderly woman with walker onto ground

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Just saw this, I'm not sure what the source is. No apparent news about this incident yet.
In the video you see an elderly woman with a walker slowly shuffling her way towards a police officer; apparently the officer asks the woman to put a knife down. Shortly after, the officer grabs the woman's arm and slams her into the ground hard enough that it could have killed her.
Absolutely ridiculous, and I don't wanna hear "Oh, well she had a knife!". The officer had control of the situation when she grabbed the woman's arm. There was absolutely no need to throw an elderly woman who could barely walk onto the ground like that.

edit on 6/30/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I use to get angry seeing these stories, but there are so many of them that it has become a sad reflection of where we are going as a society. Assault use to be a serious crime, but now if we do not bow down to some barking orders at us they have a free pass to restrain and injure as they see fit. There does need to be more focus onto issues of situational awareness and reasonable time when dealing with issues.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Well that cop is clearly on a power trip! yes she had a knife but they are trained to get weapons from people right? Not brutally smash old ladies in to the ground.. that was excessive force without a doubt a simple fall could shatter the pelvis of a frail old woman like that imagine what being taken down by that cop would have done too her, she will probably live with pain for the rest of her life now, she already had a walking stick ffs! The woman probably has dementia or something i have seen many old people oblivious to everything around them from diseases like that.. She could have been threatening people but i highly doubt she would have hurt anyone.. No one around seemed scared those 2 woman walked right past with a child with them she clearly wasnt causing fear!
edit on 30-6-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Old people break easily.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

S&F!

Completely OUTRAGEOUS!

This officer needs to truthfully answer the question on whether they would have used exactly the same actions against their own grandmothers ... if the honest answer is no ... then they need to be beaten to death with that old ladies walking stick.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If you threaten a police officer (or anyone) with a knife, you take what you get.
Police Officers are not trained to take a knife away from a suspect, they are trained not to put themselves in a position where they will be stabbed.
When that old bat was on the ground she smacked the officer in the head!
You are not exempt from the law or the consequences of your actions because you are old.
or stupid.

edit on 30-6-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Police Officers are not trained to take a knife away from a suspect.

THEY SHOULD BE TRAINED TO DO THAT!

I freaking learned to take away a knife from an adult combatant in judo at age 7!

It is called pressure points!

And if any officer is ever unwilling to get hurt in the line of duty then they should never be doing that job.

Sometimes it takes a life to save a life and Officers have to ALL be willing to pay that price or they are just freaking MERCENARIES!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can see why the officer had to do this, obviously she is one of the 99 percent of the good officers.
This old lady was obviously playing sheep and was a spry old gal, a simple baton whack to the back of the hand could have never worked, nor could a simple spritz of cop cologne to the eyes.
The only thing I'm surprised about is this fine officer did not shoot this menace to society, she was within the "20 foot rule" area.
This is one of those horrible situations poor cops get thrust into, that split second timing is needed!
That old lady was bearing down on her pretty fast, cane be damned!

"Most cops out there are good, it's just 1 percent of them that makes them all look bad".
Right?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke
Guess what slick, I don't care what you learned in your cozy judo dojo, there's a huge difference between classroom and field. I've seen a grown man cut to ribbons by a smaller guy with a knife because he didn't understand that fact.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Agreed, because no judo opponent I have ever squared up against ever had the advantage of this old ladies invisible strength and speed.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541
I bet you could beat up a 5 year old, but try putting the bastard in a box.
If they had tazed her you'd be complaining about that.
If they maced her you'd be complaining about that.
If she stabbed a cop you'd be trashing them for getting stabbed.

edit on 30-6-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

If you threaten a police officer (or anyone) with a knife, you take what you get.

At which point in the video did the old lady threaten anyone with the knife?

You are armed with tooth and claw ... should I consider you a lethal threat by you just standing there ... and legitimately in fear of my life ... shoot you to death?

Example:

Officer: DROP YOUR TEETH, FEET, HEAD AND HANDS ....

You: WTFH?

Officer: BANG BANG BANG!

edit on 30/6/2014 by DietJoke because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The old lady had a knife out and was shuffling her way toward the female officer to put it inside her.
The cinematography here leaves a little to be desired.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This incident in from 2009.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6/30/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

On the one hand, the lady was carrying a knife, and refused to put it down. Some physical contact was surely necessary in that instance to remove the knife. Now, for those saying that police officers are not trained to disarm an armed opponent...

What the hell are you paying taxes for, if your police are not ALL trained to disarm someone without putting them on the ground? It should be mandatory, they should not be able to even graduate from training until they can do this all damned day and not take a scratch. Hell, I had to learn it just to get through High School!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

How do you know the old gal was going to put it "inside her" as you stated.
The leo overeacted and could have done some serious damage to the old lady.

The reason these untrained cops get away with all their gestapo type treatment of the public, is because of people like you, who constantly make excuses for them.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A knife or even a stumble gives le carte Blanche to do whatever they want to you up to and including deadly force. The le merely has to say, they were in fear of their life to be exonerated.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
There was a time when a police officer could have taken the knife away, no one hurt. But the forces no longer have real men on them, just crazy people on violent, power trips.

Why people accept this behavior is beyond me. I am amazed she wasn't shot like so many others.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The reason these untrained cops get away with all their gestapo type treatment of the public, is because of people like you, who constantly make excuses for them.

Isn't that the truth. It used to be different, really.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The old lady had a knife out and was shuffling her way toward the female officer to put it inside her.

I agree with most of what you said, well except the quoted above.
She was shuffling towards her, but to say she was going "to put it inside her"?
I know knifes can go thru vest, but they don't go thru like a hot knife thru butter. You still need some gusto to get thru it. Not sure the old lady could do that.
At least she didn't get shot tho, and now can go in front of judge and can tell her side of how things went down

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join