It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry the Lab... an ATS story telling experiment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Mods move if necessary.... I had no idea where to put this.

Can a group of people, who have never met in real life, from different backgrounds... put together a story that would inspire a child to
read?

This idea has been bouncing around the inside of my head for a while now, so lets give this a shot!!

First disclaimer: Obviously this will be an open source experiment....the story will be submitted for publication afterwards. Should it be successful to the point where it becomes a money making idea, all monies generated will be donated to animal charities.

So here is the idea,,,, I will give you a story lead from off the top of my head..... each and every reader is invited to post ideas and further the story along. I will drop in every so often and update the story with ideas and suggestions posted in this thread. The target age group is 10-12 year old kids. So lets keep it very PG rated and down on the level that kids can relate too.

This is the only known part of the story we are going to tell:

Larry is a beautiful Lab, just a little over 4 years old. She weighs in at a whopping 104 pounds and has a light cream colored coat.

This is all we know.... the first question most kids would ask would be why is a female dog named Larry?

So what say you, ATS, how did Larry get her name and what is her story?
edit on R462014-06-29T23:46:32-05:00k466Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R492014-06-29T23:49:01-05:00k496Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R592014-06-29T23:59:13-05:00k596Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Looks like op got lost in a lab accident ..

Had expected a longer story ..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
well we got one reply.... more than I expected lol.

being open sourced, you are free to go as far as you want with the story, with the only caveats being:

1. Its for kids...... keep it PG and simple.
2. It needs to be something subtly educational... something that kids can relate to and learn from without realizing they are learning.
3. I can't give you an outline for the story, the story will go wherever ATS members take it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Interesting idea .. had been wonder as it just showed a blank when you first posted ..

Good idea for a book project ..

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I accidentally hit enter before I typed the body of the post.

Off to a flying start so far!!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

This is all we know.... the first question most kids would ask would be why is a female dog named Larry?

so all we know is that this book is for 10 12 year olds and it opens up with the first question it inspires within the kids is one of confusing sexuality?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's a child's story... don't try to read too deep between any imaginary lines. I doubt if the world is going to end by a 10 year kid asking why someone would name a girl dog Larry.... most probably wouldn't even note the difference.

It supposed to be a easy to understand story with a smidgen of learning involved, not a political essay on trangenderism in the dog world and how that affects 10-12year old kids..... no political motivations are necessary or needed.

Just tell a simple story and let the kids figure out the rest.

Maybe the answer is as simple as "Larry" is a nickname for her longer real name, Laurie Van Gooblespot the third.... or as her friends call her... Larry.

Really don't try to over think this

edit on R542014-06-30T00:54:52-05:00k546Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R042014-06-30T01:04:17-05:00k046Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Dear RickinVa

Ok I will play along with this one.

Here is a real life tale of a dog worth having www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

So perhaps Larry could go for training like Booster.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
When I read the thread title, I thought it was a Larry the Lab(oratory).

So, I reckon Larry should be a super intelligent dog, that works in a lab (think Howser of the animal kingdom), if too far out, Larry could be a guide dog to a blind scientist.

Or...

Larry escapes an animal testing lab, where he is an inmate and goes on to free the other animals.

Or, it could be a story of identity confusion...Larry the lab, thinks he's a dog, but really he is a lamb!

top topics

join