It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Famous Cryptids creatures that may still exist today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wish I can edit my first post, anyone know how to do that? This is why I'm making a new thread.

I'm not going to include extinct animals like Dodo bird or big wild cats that was killed off by our ancestors because those are proven to be real. But, anything as far as Dinosaurs are going to be included. I know wiki may lack info, but your going to have to search online for good picture and possible videos.

Note: Anything that can fly in the sky is extremely hard to find.

Possible Non-Dangerous

1. Asian Dragons(known as Eastern dragon)

Known to be benevolent.

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Earth??

Avoidance: Possible Magic?, hidden from everyone(obviously, our ancestors would go crazy for dragon hunting).

Possibility: Inter dimensional

2. Bigfoot

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Living in Forest of mostly North America.

Avoidance: Hiding in forest, coming out seasonal (most likely Summer -> Fall).

Possibility: Inter dimensional being, Alien, unevolved being, or Human hybrid experiment(by aliens, or secret lab).

3. European Dragons(known as Western dragon)

Known to be violent(possible ancestor going dragon hunting for king to be rich and famous)

en.wikipedia.org...

Avoidance: Hidden in Forest, underground??, possible also magic??

Possibility: Demon(don't called me religious over this word), Inter dimensional being

4. Mokele-mbembe/Sauropoda

Most likely Benevolent as it eats vegetables

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Forest in Africa near or in Congo

Avoidance: Hides in Forest or the River to stay away from human interaction.

Possibility: Animal that survived extinction.

5. Plesiosaurus/Nessie

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Fresh Water Lakes, Possible Ocean

Avoidance: Underwater.

Possibility: Animal that survived extinction.

6. Pheonix

Myth says it would only be seen something about renewal.

Many ancient society says it is benevolent.

en.wikipedia.org...

Avoidance: ???? Possible hiding in forests?

Possibility: Inter dimensional or Doesn't Exist or Extinct... (You know a lot of history has been removed due to all the wars the Empires have been fighting to death).

7. Thunderbird/Teratorn

Note: Google is full of that web browser now about Mozilla Thunderbird.

Not to be confused with Pteranodon/Pterodactylus, read bottom(I know wiki got it confused between the two where it says reptile).

en.wikipedia.org...

markturnersmysteriousworld.blogspot.ca...

Habitat: North America

Avoidance: Hiding in Forest, Mountains, away from human contact.

Possibility: Not extinct Bird.

edit on 29-6-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Extremely Dangerous

1. Chupacabra

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Mexico/Texas Border

Avoidance: Coming out at night time only(may also hate the light), hiding in mountain or cave.

Possibility: Demon, Alien, Laboratory experiment that escaped.

2. Giant Anaconda/Minhocão

en.wikipedia.org...

Possible could also be Minhocão, so called 50ft.

Quote from Giant Anaconda wiki "On the episode "Amazon Assassins" of River Monsters, Jeremy Wade was trying to find and catch a large Arapaima when locals told him about the "Cobra Grande", a giant snake different from the anaconda."

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: South American Rainforest

Avoidance: Underground/Under Water. (Maybe the reason for all the sink holes in South America?) Scary isn't it?

Possibility: Laboratory experiment gone wrong(mutated creature), A creature that has been on Earth for centuries keeping the planet from falling apart??

3. Giant Squid/Kraken

Note: Not to be confused, but a squid as big as a ship.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Ocean

Avoidance: Underwater

Possibility: Squids are real, must have ate a lot and not die.

4. Megaloden/King Shark(A shark that is so big even the usual big great white cannot compete)

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com... (I know this may seem scary)

Habitat: Ocean

Possibility: Frozen Shark/Shark egg unfreeze due to ice cap melting? or Secretly not extinct.

5. Mongolian Death Worm

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Desert of Mongolia, known to love rain like all worms which would most likely to come out

Avoidance: An obvious sand trapper waiting for prey to get close enough, this makes driving a vehicle much safer than riding a horse. Also, comes out seasonal and hides Underground,

Possibility: Mutated worm? Laboratory experiment that escaped? or Always on Earth but, least recorded to be a natural animal do to it being very dangerous.

6. Pteranodon/Pterodactylus

Note: Sometimes confused as Thunderbird(which it is not)

Possible not dangerous as they don't have teeth

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

voices.yahoo.com...

Habitat: Possible North America only, but spotted all over the world.

Avoidance: Hiding on Mountains, and Forests.

Possibility: Cloning?, Animal that Survived extinct?, Came from a hidden island?

Note: Didn't say "cloning" for the other Dinosaurs because if they were clones, they wouldn't be stuck in one area. Flying dinosaurs are no exception because they can fly away very very far.

7. Sea Serpents/Ogopogo

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Ocean, Lake, and possible big Rivers

Possibility: Always been here, but not recorded as a natural animal.

8. Yeti

Also, possible not dangerous, the media over hypes the creature as some sort of scary monster

en.wikipedia.org...

Habitat: Mountainous regions of Tibet

Avoidance: Hiding in Caves, Winter storm makes it difficult to find.

Probability: Unevolved being, inter dimensional being, alien or something to do with magic.

edit on 29-6-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't discount pterasaurs as being not dangerous as I've seen herons drive their beaks straght through the skulls of large catfish. Now imagine that beak being 3 or 4 possibly 5 times larger. Who knows what's wandering or swimming around out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Good call, but at least it has to try to peck you rather than bite you instant which would trap you. You could probably evade the peck easier than a bite.
edit on 30-6-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Mokele-mbembe has been said to be dangerous by tribesmen. The most famous story is when two tried to attack a village but the villagers had already set up a spike fence. The villagers killed one and the ones who ate it died from sickness.

Though I think it's more territorial than hungry for humans, kinda like how hippos are aggressive.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Acctually about a year or two ago discoverychannel did a documentary on megaladon they caught the thing on tape attached a tracker to it it scared the scientists so bad they wont admit its real because of fear a reply to: makemap

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Very interesting OP 1 enjoyed the share...

@ dragons habitat- very interesting indeed. Makes 1 think what sits below some of the large undersea vents and volcanos caves... Which once entered turn into vast cavernous areas with minimal fluid.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I believe world oceans may hold some very scary and big animals, much of it is still unexplored and who knows what lurks in the deeps.?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Captobvious94
Acctually about a year or two ago discoverychannel did a documentary on megaladon they caught the thing on tape attached a tracker to it it scared the scientists so bad they wont admit its real because of fear a reply to: makemap

I went to look up this footage and found all these videos from Discovery Channel... but it's obvious that this is not a real documentary- it looks like it was produced by the same people who made Paranormal Activity. Not sure if this is what you were referring to or not?

top topics

join