It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are atheists the pawns of Satan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

I am a very zealous conservative evangelical Christian, and I will be the first to say that Atheists ARE NOT the pawns of Satan. Why would Satan use a tool that is so very obvious? Satan already has the Atheists, because they are unfortunately doomed to an eternity in hell because of their unbelief in the LORD Jesus Christ. Having said that, I truly believe that the tool(s) Satan uses to lead people astray are the Joel Osteens of the world. One very good tool that Satan uses is Oprah and all of her new age false teachers, like Osteen, TD Jakes, Rick Warren, and all of the "law of attraction" people. Oprah has lead many Christian women astray. Another tool Satan uses are all of the ridiculous TV preachers like Ken Copeland, Benny Hinn, et al.. These clowns are on TV making Christianity look crazy, when in fact the vast majority of Christians think that they are ridiculous and in no way representative of biblical Christianity. Satan's ultimate goal is to keep as many people as he can from believing on Jesus Christ, and I would argue that he is doing a great job through our NWO governments, propaganda media conglomerates, godless public school system, and most of all... liberalized Christianity.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
The Adversary and a fallen archangel really go hand in hand when you really think of it.

The word used in the Old Testament is 'ha-satan', not capitalized. It is a job, not a specific being.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

oh i was just stating that you said you trust he loves humanity, and i said except the amalakites, because you know god commanded to kill them all n stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: solomons path

originally posted by: Arpad
a reply to: hydeman11
That is a fantastic point! Though I've recently came to believe Christians of that nature have been heavily subverted.

I'm not religious, not yet anyway. I can't see nor hear God, but satan is everywhere I look.

I'm not sure that makes sense. Satan is only a possibility if you believe in Christian mythology. There is not "Satan" as an evil figure in Judaism. In fact, Lucifer (in Judaism) is not necessarily "Satan" . . . one is a fallen archangel and the other is simply "an adversary". It is only in Christian mythology where those two entities are linked as the same person. There is also no Hell in Judaism. Gehenna (Jewish version of Hell) is not a place of punishment and is not lorded over by Lucifer. It is a place souls go to be washed clean before they can ascend.

So . . . if you "see Satan everywhere" . . . you are seeing the Christian's version of god. For without him . . . the popular view of "Satan" doesn't exist.

Not a hundred percent on this but I have a feeling when Arpad said that s/he was using the term "Satan" as a personification of the evils of this world. That's the way I read it anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Its all about perspective.

Group 1 KNOWS God is real, so anybody who doesn't believes must be working for the anti-God
Group 2 KNOWS Zeus is real, so anybody who doesn't believe must be working for the anti-Zeus
Group 3 doesn't believe in any of in, so anybody who does believe must be off their rocker.

Who's right, who's wrong? They can't all be right, so someone must be wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune
Dear Hanslune, You are absolutely correct. If I believed in Satan, then I could not be an atheist. Furthermore, you are more than absolutely correct (if that is possible) in saying that some believe that Satan created the sin of atheism. How's that for blame mongering?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Anyone who does not believe in God and the last day is the spawn of Satan. I understand some may not agree but that is the way it is through all the major religions.

Really? You do know Jews do not even believe in Satan, right?

The two concepts are pretty much the same regardless of what they are called. Though one may seem stupid the message of the Christian and Jewish teaching is the same. Satan is evil desire and temptation in this world, The Jewish one simply explains the same thing without believing in a creature in the after life pitch forking you for the rest of eternity.

Throughout the Torah, Satan challenges God to test the true loyalty of his followers, including Adam and Eve, as well as Abraham. However, Satan remains inferior to God and is incapable of taking action on mortals without God’s permission. In the Talmud and Midrash, Satan appears as the force in the world, responsible for all sins. Some Midrashim claim that the sounding of the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah is utilized to keep Satan away as Jews begin to atone for their sins. Even the morning after Yom Kippur, many Jews attend services to guarantee Satan does not make one last effort to instigate Jews to commit sins.

This website says that there is no Satan in Judaism and then goes on to say the above.

Jewish virtual Library
edit on 29-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Satan is evil desire and temptation in this world, The Jewish one simply explains the same thing without believing in a creature in the after life pitch forking you for the rest of eternity.

No it is not. Jewish Biblical Scholars, from the past, right up to the present, are in agreement that there is no concept of Satan (or Hell) in Judaism. Both of these are part of the Christian mythology and cannot be traced any further than the New Testament.

I have an extensive thread in the Secret Societies forum that has footnoted and cited sources on all of this.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2
Dear Manna2, You're absolutely right when you say I ain't no big thing. And another thing I ain't is mad. I truly hope that you believe me when I say that I seek fellowship with you. Your post seems loving and Christian (if I may). My hope it to convince you that there are non believers that are filled with love.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

This website says that there is no Satan in Judaism and then goes on to say the above.

Which is exactly what I told you, notice the word 'accuser' is a small 'a'? It means it is not a proper noun (name) and is instead an function.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The title makes a lot of sense if you believe in this verse.

" I say to you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven to men."

biblehub.com...

So if it's Satan's plan to keep people out of heaven, having them believe there is no God, and downright denying God would be blasphemy, a sin that will not be forgiven. Of course you'd have to believe in the Bible to believe this to be the case. Smart move on Satan's part wouldn't ya say.

Pladuim

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

lol Satan spawn so dramatic

I would say misguided but not Satan's spawn.

Any person of any religion that spouts this whole infidel/heathen rubbish have missed the point entirely and need to go back to searching and don't get me started on the whole Satan thing lol
one of the biggest problems it seems to me is people settle for a belief and stop learning. it's almost like they find something and refuse to progress, believing they have all the answers and nothing will change that.

Good thread but could of done with a bit more substance to it

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A REPLY TO ALL WHO REPLIED TO POST BY SOLOMONS PATH:

Unfortunately, you are all arguing based on Christian mythology, how it is taught, and apologetic's sources that discuss it.

I was raised by Rabbis . . . feel free to go to your local synagogue and speak with one. They will agree that there are entities that "tempt" us to stray from "the law", which are "adversaries", but not the "character" that Christians seem so "hell bent" on claiming exists in the world or after-life. In fact, "Satan" only appears once in the Jewish version of the OT (or Tanakh) and that is in the Book of Job. The "satan" is an angel (not fallen) that simply mocks Job's supposed piety.

To Jews, the entity of "Satan" is nothing more than a literary personification of the possible capacity for "evil" that rests in humans.

Here is an easy to understand link . . . but, I can give much more authoritative examples if necessary.

Satan is a character that appears in the belief systems of many religions, including Christianity and Islam. In Judaism "satan" is not a sentient being but a metaphor for the evil inclination – the yetzer hara – that exists in every person and tempts us to do wrong.

Do Jews believe in Satan?
edit on 6/29/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/29/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy
Dear DarknStormy (an excellent beginning to a great novel), Your point is the crux of the matter. Either you love God or you hate God. For the love of God we should love humanity.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo
That is what I meant. But the evils I perceive aren't the typical newsmedia drivel.

Something peculiar is afoot and it goes unchecked and unseen by the masses. I'll just say, "if" satan is real, It would appear he had a family.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nice to see someone understands that Christian's don't seem to understand the traditions or teachings they claim their religion is an extension of . . .

You are right on all accounts. I'll check out your referenced thread, thanks!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
Dear BELIEVERpriest, I can imagine a God that cherishes mutual love and honor, but not one that shuts out a multitude.
I imagine a transcendent God that unifies and enriches humanity. Does your God only embrace a fraction of the people of the world?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
Dear BELIEVERpriest, I can imagine a God that cherishes mutual love and honor, but not one that shuts out a multitude.
I imagine a transcendent God that unifies and enriches humanity. Does your God only embrace a fraction of the people of the world?

My Lord is a lord of Justice and Love. He will purify all who seek His forgiveness through His only begotten Son Jesus. He did not create a race of sinners, humanity introduced sin into its bloodline long ago. Since sin cannot have eternal fellowship with God, He judged His own Son in our place so that we could approach Him. In my eyes, that is the deepest love. We can not keep our sin, and love God. In the end, we will have to do without one of them. Earth is our deciding ground, and the transitional period for those who have chosen. I can tell you that time is running out.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime
Dear Optimus, I certainly won't disagree with you about the televangelists that you mentioned. But we have now reached a crossroads. I will not take the path that you choose. That does not mean that I am right or you are right. Let me tell you ; I would call myself a virtual atheist. The "virtual" is there because you just might be right. As a scientist, I am perfectly willing to admit and embrace your God when the evidence compels me. When that day arrives, then God takes his rightful place in the realm of nature. Let's focus on what we have in common.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

From just above the section you chose to "quote":

Satan in Judaism is not a physical being ruling the underworld, rather, in the Torah, the word Satan indicates “accuser,” “hinderer” or “tempter.” Satan is therefore more an illusory obstacle in one’s way - such as temptation and evil doings - keeping one from completing the responsibilities of tikkun olam (fixing the world). Satan is the evil inclination to veer off the path of righteousness and faithfulness in God.

Feel free to talk to a Rabbi . . . they will discuss it with you. Most are very open, unless you try to engage the Ultra-Orthodox.

"Satan" is simply a way of "personifying" the natural human inclination to stray from the law (righeousness) . . . So, when they say "Some Midrashim claim that the sounding of the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah is utilized to keep Satan away as Jews begin to atone for their sins" . . . they just mean it is the symbolic gesture to purify the Jews. You are falling into the trap of literal interpretation of literary illusion. I know it's hard to get, if you have been brought up to believe these forces are actual entities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join